Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

We all know what Bale can do, just a case of if he’s really brought his best to this role. If so then it would be no surprise that his Gorr would at least comepte for the best MCU villain title.

We see a little shade of a quirky and maniacal aspect to Gorr in the new TV Spot.
The way he smiles in what's probably a torture scene just shows how far his crusade has taken him.

fotonoticia_20220221194805_420.webp

Christian Bale reveals the surprise influences behind his terrifying Thor: Love and Thunder villain

Hilarious:

As for whether the actor had any qualms taking on another comic-book movie role after Batman, Bale is quick to dismiss the notion. "Absolutely not, no. That didn't even enter into my head at all," he says. "I'd read that, and people would go, 'Oh, look at this! He's entered the MCU!' And I'd go, 'I've done what? I haven't entered ****, thank you very much.' I'm like, 'The MCU?' I had to ask what that was."

What exactly inspired Bale's take on the character beyond the comics, then? "Mostly hearing Taika's [Waititi, director] thoughts on it," he says. "There's obviously sort of a Nosferatu slight attitude. Taika and I wanted to do a whole dance, which we didn't get to do, but we had all this sort of Kate Bush stuff that we worked at. But I think he just realised he was never going to be allowed to put that in the final film. I would say that the most common thing I was staring at was the Aphex Twin video of 'Come To Daddy'. But I don't even know if that will be in the final film."

Luckily, the character ended up being different to Bale's initial thoughts, too. "You sort of go, 'I know what he does.' It's right there in the name, isn't it? But I did make the mistake of Googling him and, oh no! [In the comics] he runs around in a G-string all the time," Bale explains. "And I thought, 'They don't have the right man for that!' And then Taika quickly dispelled any notions of running around in that. But I always did think what he could do with this in front of a bluescreen – he could chuck on whatever he wants later on."

I honestly don't get why people hate his look. Bale seems like the type of actor who doesn't want to wear a CGI body suit so having him in body paint for hours is likely something he was pushing for.

I honestly don't get why people hate his look. Bale seems like the type of actor who doesn't want to wear a CGI body suit so having him in body paint for hours is likely something he was pushing for.
Thankfully most people dig his look and above all are excited for Christian Bale’s interpretation of Gorr.

But there’s definitely a certain group that pretends to be outraged just because they’re part of the hate train and I know exactly who they are, I’ve been seeing these people make noise pretty much about everything, even before Ragnarok came out…

One thing is constructive criticism and criticism that comes from a genuine place, not manufactured crap I see these people come up with just because they wanna find everything they can, to try and drag it in the mud.

Had Gorr been a CGI creation, these same people would be complaining that Marvel had ruined a performance from an actor of the caliber of Christian Bale by not letting him emote properly. Go figure.

I hope Gorr's fights with the two Thor's and Valkyrie are epic and fleshed out, unlike Hela's fights with Thor in Ragnarok.

Thor and Hela's fights were kind of lame and a big let down compared to Thor's fight with Hulk and Hela's battle against Asgard's army.

Zombie Gorr almost and he’s in Omnipotence City. Likely to get the knowledge of how to buil the Godbomb as in the comics.

Yeah I love the look of Gorr in this
The psycho bunny rabbit from the comics worked in that setting
but seeing the shots like the one above, he's frickin terrifying

At least Bale seems to have had more fun in the make-up chair than Christopher Eccleston did.

Check out the black beserkers!
They sort of look like a mutated version of the Deviants.

FWPkposX0AADdC5

Last edited:
Awesome to hear Bale talk about the film. He genuinely seemed pleased with it, with working with Taika and the cast, his portrayal of Gorr and the audience reception. Good stuff. Can’t wait to see him as Gorr. Soon… :yay:

Awesome to hear Bale talk about the film. He genuinely seemed pleased with it, with working with Taika and the cast, his portrayal of Gorr and the audience reception. Good stuff. Can’t wait to see him as Gorr. Soon… :yay:

I'm willing to sacrifice a G-string and some tentacles to let one of the greatest actors in the world do his thing.

I'm willing to sacrifice a G-string and some tentacles to let one of the greatest actors in the world do his thing.

This. I'm over it myself. Bale is the best actor to grace the MCU.

A few of the many mentions to Christian Bale portrayal of Gorr from that first batch of reactions.

The entire cast is fantastic, but Christian Bale and Natalie Portman are phenomenal!
Bale’s Gorr is a killer boogeyman blending the campy and the creepy.
Russell Crowe & Christian Bale slip easily into the world
Christian Bale steals every scene but wish we had more of him.
#TaikaWaititi gets to the heart of the Thor’s identity crisis while giving #JaneFoster and #Gorr wonderful arcs.
And Christian Bale’s #Gorr is scary as f***. The tragic villain is the stuff of nightmares.
If you, like me, take delight in watching Christian Bale slurp up the scenery while gobbing out that black ink Danny DeVito had in Batman Returns, then #ThorLoveAndThunder is for you.
We are gifted with one of the stronger MCU villains played by Christian Bale…
Christian Bale steals the show…
Christian Bale is a top tier MCU villain…
Christian Bale as Gorr is terrifying…
Christian Bale and Natalie Portman's performances truly shine
Very standard, cookie cutter villain with Christian Bale.
Christian Bale, obviously, is also terrifying as #Gorr
Christian Bale is terrifying as #Gorr
Christian Bale is creepy good as #Gorr. He could’ve benefitted from a little more screen time but lands really well. Great villain.
Christian Bale is phenomenally menacing as #ThorLoveandThunder’s villain, Gorr the God Butcher. One of the creepiest Marvel villains we’ve ever seen on screen. Gave me some Dark Knight Ledger Joker vibes at one point.

There’s many more.

can't find the tv spot but the way he says THORR in one of them sent shivers up my spine can't wait to see Gorr

I literally thought it was coming out this weekend so pretty bummed out on my clear mistake lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"