• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christian Bale v.s. Michael Keaton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whack Arnolds

Sidekick
Joined
Apr 10, 2005
Messages
4,912
Reaction score
0
Points
31
Too many threads have devolved into the discussion and arguments over the two. Here is a forum where we can intelligently discuss the two, with out flaming or name calling. And please, keep it intelligent...
 
Bale was a better Bruce Wayne
Keaton was a better Batman
 
BatoutofHell.jpg



v.s.


ritts04.jpg
 
The Batman said:
Bale was a better Bruce Wayne
Keaton was a better Batman

bingo.

what a stupid thread. this is just meant to piss more ppl off.:mad: :down

get a life nukk nukk.:ghost:
 
BatmanRules33 said:
bingo.

what a stupid thread. this is just meant to piss more ppl off.:mad: :down

get a life nukk nukk.:ghost:
How would I be pissing people off? It's just their opinion, and to poll who thinks who is better. It's not a complicated process, unless for some reason you will get pissed off at the results. It's a thread to keep the discussion between the two confined to one area, and keep it from spreading else where.
 
How the hell is a thread with the word "VS" between the words Keaton and Bale not going to devolve into pissing matches? Now, had you called it "Keaton AND Bale"...it still would have devolved into pissing matches...but nice try.

(Notice I put Keaton's name first). :)
 
The Guard said:
How the hell is a thread with the word "VS" between the words Keaton and Bale not going to devolve into pissing matches? Now, had you called it "Bale and Keaton"...it still would have devolved into pissing matches...but nice try.

(Notice I put Keaton's name first). :)
It's meant to be a pissing match, and to keep it out of other threads and to keep it intelligent.



(Notice how I put Bale first and Douglas err Keaton second?):)
 
Nuk, get a better shot of Keaton's Batman in that wingspread picture.

Christian Bale.
 
Bale:

He had the intensity as Batman.
He had the "arrogance" as the "playboy Bruce.
He had the focus, mystery, and anger as the "real" Bruce.
He was the correct size, build and look.

woah.jpg



-R
 
So...is the argument who was a better performer, or who made the better Batman? Because one of them obviously had writing that was more in tune with what most people consider "better Batman", and therefore, even had he given an average performance, would still have been deemed "better" in most regards.

I think, and mostly because I'm a Batman fan and not subject to bias in any way, shape or form, that Christian Bale made the better Bruce/Batman in almost every way, and that he had much better "stuff" to do in his film than Keaton did. I think Michael Keaton did more with his role as an actor than Bale did with what he was given, but every time I say that, I'm not even sure people will get what I mean, which turns into a pissing match, which is in turn, fun.
 
The Guard said:
So...is the argument who was a better performer, or who made the better Batman? Because one of them obviously had writing that was more in tune with what most people consider "better Batman", and therefore, even had he given an average performance, would still have been deemed "better" in most regards.

I think, and mostly because I'm a Batman fan and not subject to bias in any way, shape or form, that Christian Bale made the better Bruce/Batman in almost every way, and that he had much better "stuff" to do in his film than Keaton did. I think Michael Keaton did more with his role as an actor than Bale did with what he was given, but every time I say that, I'm not even sure people will get what I mean, which turns into a pissing match, which is in turn, fun.
That's the point. And thanks for your contribution.
 
In terms of acting ability? Keaton, anyone who can transform from Mr. Mom into the bat gets my vote.

In terms of bruce wayne? Bale. he nailed it.

in terms of dialog? I'll have to see BB again first.

in terms of playing batman? I think Keaton. I prefered his Calculated look. He seemed in controll of his emotions. Calm, cool, and collected.

Bale seemed like he was just an out of controll guy who threw on a costume.

in terms of.........oh thats enough. Keaton wins. But bale is very close, but close only count in horse shoes and hand gernades.
 
superpower said:
Bale seemed like he was just an out of controll guy who threw on a costume.

That's what Batman was in his first years. Before he got a hold of himself, and learned more about the needs of the job.

-R
 
Robin91939 said:
That's what Batman was in his first years. Before he got a hold of himself, and learned more about the needs of the job.

-R

Oh I'm not saying he has never been out of controll. he has a few times.

But I prefer the Calm, cool, and collected batman who is just quite, and well a badass.:up:
 
superpower said:
Oh I'm not saying he has never been out of controll. he has a few times.

But I prefer the Calm, cool, and collected batman who is just quite, and well a badass.:up:
Here's how I see it, Keaton was cool....Bale was the badass. Thst's the point of Batman though, if he looks crazy and capable of anything with his emotions, he must do that to remain overlord of the underworld and crime. If he's just cool and calm in a Batsuit....its not near as intimidating. It's like "hey criminal, check out my batsuit and how I look detached from anything that is happening"....Bale's Batman plays up the detail that there is a thin line between Batman and his villains. If he lets the emotion get the best of him, he could be just as evil as they are (and this is a theme from the comics). If you wanted to scare lethal criminals, wondering around in a batsuit wouldn't be enough. You would have to create and aura around yourself, and Bale does that by acting like a creature and showing the internal rage (where at times he looks borderline psycho) he has kept inside of him and he focuses all that rage through Batman. It truly is a much more complicated outlook and potrayl of Batman than in B89...but both have their pros and cons.
 
I'd say we'll have a better opinion once the sequel to BB comes out. That way, we can get Established Batman vs. Established Batman. :up:
 
Here's the difference, Bale's Batman would kick your ass, Keaton's would kick your ass AND ENJOY IT. :o
 
Nuk Nukk said:
Here's how I see it, Keaton was cool....Bale was the badass. Thst's the point of Batman though, if he looks crazy and capable of anything with his emotions, he must do that to remain overlord of the underworld and crime. If he's just cool and calm in a Batsuit....its not near as intimidating. It's like "hey criminal, check out my batsuit and how I look detached from anything that is happening"....Bale's Batman plays up the detail that there is a thin line between Batman and his villains. If he lets the emotion get the best of him, he could be just as evil as they are (and this is a theme from the comics). If you wanted to scare lethal criminals, wondering around in a batsuit wouldn't be enough. You would have to create and aura around yourself, and Bale does that by acting like a creature and showing the internal rage (where at times he looks borderline psycho) he has kept inside of him and he focuses all that rage through Batman. It truly is a much more complicated outlook and potrayl of Batman than in B89...but both have their pros and cons.

Yeah I see what your saying. But to me Keaton was able to give that anger just in a different way.

Did I like Bales? Yes. But I would prefer he take it down a notch.

One of Batman's greatest assets is his controll in any situation. And like Robin said this is his yr1 where he is a bit out of controll, I still prefer that controll.

Plus Keaton's Batman wasn't an origin. When we meet him he has been out at least (was it 6 or 8 that knox said) times. He had a bit of a reputation already. People allready feared him. I like a Batman who only speaks when necissary and with as few words as possible.
 
superpower said:
Yeah I see what your saying. But to me Keaton was able to give that anger just in a different way.

Did I like Bales? Yes. But I would prefer he take it down a notch.

One of Batman's greatest assets is his controll in any situation. And like Robin said this is his yr1 where he is a bit out of controll, I still prefer that controll.

Plus Keaton's Batman wasn't an origin. When we meet him he has been out at least (was it 6 or 8 that knox said) times. He had a bit of a reputation already. People allready feared him. I like a Batman who only speaks when necissary and with as few words as possible.


Keaton didn't have to Bat (sorry) an eyelash to look disturbed. It was all in the eyes.

Bale, though while I liked his performance, the final result still felt forced. At least to me.. He was angry, and certainly alot less subuded than Keaton. So he's obviously going stick out more of the two.

Besides, I prefer my Batman a tad less chatty. And there's nothing wrong with subtlety. Which was an aspect Bale oddly lacked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"