Christian Bale v.s. Michael Keaton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keaton:
He is the most mysterious and deadly Batman. He has the glare, the voice. He really brought Batman to life as a dark character on film. Since Keaton created his idea of how the character should be on film, pretty much everyone has tried to emulate it...right down to the gruff voice. Even in the animated series they try to do that voice. A lot of Keaton's physical characteristics helped show batman's eerieness, already mentioned the glare, also Keaton has a really creepy looking face when you take a long look, especially his mouth, which always looks contorted. His dual performance as Bruce Wayne and Batman shows Keaton is a extremely versatile awesome actor. Michael Keaton supports the whole duality. He's funny (Bruce Wayne) and dramatic (Batman). Michael Keaton's personality tunes into those differences, making him the perfect choice. He has a temper and a great amount of anger, animal-like-that is exactly Batman.
Batmans_eyes.jpg

batmanr.jpg

spread_wings.jpg

Like usual, you've re-posted something you've posted over-and-over again from other threads. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody else wrote that spiel...

DocLathropBrown said:
Like usual, you've re-posted something you've posted over-and-over again from other threads. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody else wrote that spiel...
Haha, you noticed that too? :up:

Yeah, I never thought I'd admit to it, but now I see what some people were saying. People here are starting to get on my nerves. Especially theBat-man, who is like a Terminator right off the assembly line with his CPU set to Read-Only. Meaning he does and says the same thing repeatedly, is highly monotonus, and can't learn anything.

DocLathropBrown said:

What the hell is your problem? I've never posted this before. You think somebody else wrote this? To many of you just come on here just to start fights, rather then a love for the characters.

Funny, because I do come here for the love of the character, not to fight, but you seem not to care that you often insinuate fights yourself, with your annoying distortion of the message board format by posting giant pictures, and typing the same things over and over. Often re-iterating the same point you've made before. And sometimes more than once in a single thread! A post by you over in the comics section has your same post re done THEE TIMES when someone disagreed with you. And not in a row, either. Over the corse of two pages you posted the same, lengthly uninspired and uninformative post thrice.

You never learn things, almost never concede in arguments, and are a broken record. Your spiel about MK here contains the exact same text you posted in a thread defending Keaton somewhere else, particularly the part about a contorted mouth. Which, by the way, is quite a strange thing to note, as his mouth is quite normal. I think what you wanted to say was that his "mouth wrinkles" are more prominant.

And if it's not 100% the same, you changed maybe one word. I'm betting your real name off the boards is "Pete Repeat..."

theBat-Man said:
Keaton:
He is the most mysterious and deadly Batman. He has the glare, the voice. He really brought Batman to life as a dark character on film. Since Keaton created his idea of how the character should be on film, pretty much everyone has tried to emulate it...right down to the gruff voice. Even in the animated series they try to do that voice. A lot of Keaton's physical characteristics helped show batman's eerieness, already mentioned the glare, also Keaton has a really creepy looking face when you take a long look, especially his mouth, which always looks contorted. His dual performance as Bruce Wayne and Batman shows Keaton is a extremely versatile awesome actor. Michael Keaton supports the whole . He's funny (Bruce Wayne) and dramatic (Batman). Michael Keaton's personality tunes into those differences, making him the perfect choice. He has a temper and a great amount of anger, animal-like-that is exactly Batman.
Batmans_eyes.jpg

batmanr.jpg

spread_wings.jpg

God forbid a man dressed like a bat trying to scare the crap out of criminals have a deeper voice. Sorry dude, Keaton did it but it's not like nobody else wouldn't have.

Well here's the thing, I like Keaton...he did an excellent job for what he had written for him. But I'm not so into him that I can't admit when someone pulls off the part in a more complete manner. I hold Keaton and Bale was the greatest actors to play the character, but you can be objective and put opinions and preference aside and say who actually played Bruce Wayne / Batman better.

DocLathropBrown said:
Funny, because I do come here for the love of the character, not to fight, but you seem not to care that you often insinuate fights yourself, with your annoying distortion of the message board format by posting giant pictures, and typing the same things over and over. Often re-iterating the same point you've made before. And sometimes more than once in a single thread! A post by you over in the comics section has your same post re done THEE TIMES when someone disagreed with you. And not in a row, either. Over the corse of two pages you posted the same, lengthly uninspired and uninformative post thrice.

You never learn things, almost never concede in arguments, and are a broken record. Your spiel about MK here contains the exact same text you posted in a thread defending Keaton somewhere else, particularly the part about a contorted mouth. Which, by the way, is quite a strange thing to note, as his mouth is quite normal. I think what you wanted to say was that his "mouth wrinkles" are more prominant.

And if it's not 100% the same, you changed maybe one word. I'm betting your real name off the boards is "Pete Repeat..."

The part of my post about Keaton's mouth I have posted before.
The only time I ever posted about Keaton's mouth looking contorted was August 5, 2005 on the Worst Batman Pictures thread, and I was not defending Keaton, I was defending Kelley Jones Gothic macarbe art. My post said:
Max Schreck/Christopher Walken is really not normal looking at all. Also Keaton has a really creepy looking face when you take a long look, especially his mouth, which always looks contorted.

My post now is clearly not just a re-post of that post.
Also anyone can see for themselves all of my posts by clicking on my name theBat-Man, and clicking on Find More Posts by theBat-Man. Clearly I'm not just typing the same things over and over again any more then anybody else here making a point and geting caught up in an argument. The only post I've re-posted on the same thread over again was on the Worst Batman Pictures Thread because they all seemed to be missing it, and my point seemed to be going over there heads. And even that was not a total re-post. I was explaining that gothic horror is perfect for Batman. And that post is very informative. My post said:
Kelley Jones macabre horror art is wrong for Batman? People say the same thing about Tim Burton's Batman films. That his atmospheric Gothic style in Batman (1989) and Batman Returns was to weird and wrong for Batman. They are wrong. Atmospheric Gothic horror is what Batman is all about. Batman is not really a superhero. He has not superpowers. He is a creature of the night. Striking terror. Batman was heavily influenced by the atmosphere of Gothic horror films.
The Bat (1926) inspired Batman's costume.
thebat1926.jpg

Batman's long cape billowing out behind him, swirling about him, endowing him with an air of mystery was inspired by Dracula with Bela Lugosi.
bela.bmp

The Joker was inspired by the Man Who Laughs (1928)
manwholaughs.jpg

manwholaughs1.jpg

Two-Face was inspired by Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.
hyde.bmp

Clayface was inspired by Boris Karloff (Basil Karlo is an allusion to Boris Karloff) and Lon Chaney in the Phantom of the Opera.
boris.bmp
phantom1.bmp
Oh, I never learn things? What should I be learning here? That Keaton is 5'7''? Wrong, he is 5'10". That Tim Burton's Batman films are nothing like the comics? Wrong. That Batman never killed in the comics like he did in Tim Burton's Batman films? Wrong. That Tim Burton betrayed us? He did not. That Batman Begins is the comic book on film? Not really, no. That Kelley Jones cant draw? Wrong, he can draw.
Keaton's mouth is not "normal" to me at all. Mouth wrinkles is not what I wanted to say. It is a strange thing to note, and I'm a strange guy.
So I'm annoying? Good to know. "Pete Repeat"? Is your name "Wannabe Critic"? Because about all you do is criticize other posters.
Now get back on topic.

Nuk Nukk said:
It was all black.... If you prefer the shiny, glossy, Forever style black...that's you man.
No, that's not what I want. Most of the film Bats' suit was just off in color. It was prolly the lighting they used on him, because I know the suit could look much more darker in appearance. Case in point: the Flass interrogation, and the last rooftop scene.

Bale was way better at both Bats/Wayne, suck it Keaton fanboys.

Dangerous said:

I don't get how this is even a question. Bale Damnit.

Dangerous said:

My my, now THAT's intelligent.

How about giving us some reasons, or do you prefur looking like you have an IQ of two?

BALE IS BATMAN

Bale rocked so hard as Batman that now Keaton has a real reason to walk around all pouty!

For me Christian Bale is the best Batman/Bruce Wayne, his acting is great and he has dark version of Keaton and playboy charms of Val Kilmer.

i dont watch batman for bruce wayne, i watch it for batman with some bruce wayne.

in short, **** begins. **** bale. keaton is the dark knight. burtons gotham is kickass and looks beautful, just as i always pictured it. gotham is not chicago.

KEATON AND BURTON RULES!!:up: :up:

great pics BTW theBat-man:)

BatmanRules33 said:
i dont watch batman for bruce wayne, i watch it for batman with some bruce wayne.

in short, **** begins. **** bale. keaton is the dark knight. burtons gotham is kickass and looks beautful, just as i always pictured it. gotham is not chicago.

KEATON AND BURTON RULES!!:up: :up:

great pics BTW theBat-man:)

Uh.... the way you pictured it? You realise the pretty words in a comic have actual PICTURES too, and Burton's Gotham looks nothing like it:confused:

Give one reasonable answer. Why is Burton's Batman better than Nolan's? Don't go on a "Keaton is da man(SMILEY SMILEY SMILEY)" rant. That makes you look like a ******ed troll.

JLBats said:
Uh.... the way you pictured it? You realise the pretty words in a comic have actual PICTURES too, and Burton's Gotham looks nothing like it:confused:

Give one reasonable answer. Why is Burton's Batman better than Nolan's? Don't go on a "Keaton is da man(SMILEY SMILEY SMILEY)" rant. That makes you look like a ******ed troll.

actually what you just said was what a retarted troll would say. HA.

and yes, i will:

**** bale. he aint no batman. wannabe!!!

and stop passing off gotham NOT looking like burtons as fact. it aint.:)

BatmanRules33 said:
actually what you just said was what a retarted troll would say. HA.

and yes, i will:

**** bale. he aint no batman. wannabe!!!

and stop passing off gotham NOT looking like burtons as fact. it aint.:)

You're seven years old, aren't you? Everytime I say something you come back with "No, you are! BALE IS A POSER!"

God, how are you not banned? I LOVE Burton's films. But when I talk to you? I hate them. If you have nothing to add to the argument but inane chatter about Keaton, blah, Bale poser, blah, then stay the **** away from the thread and let people with higher IQ then a lampshade do the work.

JLBats said:
You're seven years old, aren't you? Everytime I say something you come back with "No, you are! BALE IS A POSER!"

God, how are you not banned? I LOVE Burton's films. But when I talk to you? I hate them. If you have nothing to add to the argument but inane chatter about Keaton, blah, Bale poser, blah, then stay the **** away from the thread and let people with higher IQ then a lampshade do the work.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, HIGHER IQ, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:up: good one, you just made my day wioth that!!:) :up:

BatmanRules33 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, HIGHER IQ, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:up: good one, you just made my day wioth that!!:) :up:

There you go, completely dodging the issue again. Leave the boards. Or learn to make any sense at all. Ok?

JLBats said:
There you go, completely dodging the issue again. Leave the boards. Or learn to make any sense at all. Ok?

nah i think ill just stay here and make your life miserable :D :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"