Christmas catalogs from the "good old days"

The Lizard...bringing back unfulfilled childhood materialism just for you :up:

I swear on everything if my parents bought me a rock tumbler I would have had to go Omen on their asses. Do I look like ****ing Beakman/Mr. Wizard/other obscure science personality?

I had Psycho.

Funny you should mention Psycho...

Psycho, one of the cooler-looking Super Gobots, was originally a vehicle that appeared in the popular Japanese anime series Space Adventure Cobra. If you look inside Psycho's cockpit, you can actually see little figurines of Cobra himself and his female robot partner.

psycho1ot5.jpg

psycho2cl8.jpg

psycho9hs4.jpg

psycoroid254qf1.jpg

psycoroid256bf1.jpg

psycoroid271pm2.jpg

So now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Psycho just looked like that robot from the old Killbot movie. That's why he was so freaky.

I swear on everything if my parents bought me a rock tumbler I would have had to go Omen on their asses. Do I look like ****ing Beakman/Mr. Wizard/other obscure science personality?
I ALWAYS WANTED a rock tumbler! :o

Shogun Warriors, FTW!!!!!!

shoguns!.jpg

jag

OOooo...Mazinger Z.

You're damn old.

Oh, yes. Yes, I am. Here's another awesome toy series:

Micronauts!

MICRONAUTS22.jpg

I had damn near all of them, including Force Commander AND Baron Karza and their horses.

starwarsploitation.jpg

And Acroyear was a badass:
acroyear00-219x289.jpg

I even had a subscription to the Marvel Micronauts comic. Best part? I bought all this stuff myself, for the most part, by saving up my allowance and doing odd jobs for my parents. :up:

jag

My brother and I had Dragun and Raydeen as well as Godzilla, but we could NEVER find Rodan. It was virtually impossible to find that one.

jag

I had Mazinga (AKA Great Mazinger), Godzilla, and Rodan.

I got Rodan courtesy of the 1979 JC Penney catalog if I remember correctly.

And now for something completely different...

searswishbook1971p055lh2.jpg

GREAT thread, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Memory overload :)

I feel like hitting eBay and loading myself up with this stuff for Christmas. :csad:

Just rememberd I had this on my computer and thought I'd share it...

bionicadtz3.jpg

Not only do toys suck now but so do the ads.

That carousel kitchen would be a gold mine if they actually created a real version.

My brother had the Steve Austin action figure. I had this guy:

bigfootlarge.jpg

jag

clearly they loved your brother more.:csad:

bad place, no! The Bionic Bigfoot was awesomeness! He was played by Andre The Giant. Andre The Giant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lee Majors. Does Lee Majors have a posse? No, he does not. Andre...he has a posse. :up:

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"