Christmas catalogs from the "good old days"

I've been waiting for Bionic Bigfoot to show up on the new Bionic Woman series. :csad:

I owned the Bionic Transport and Repair Station, as well as the bionic man and Maskatron.

jaguarr said:
bad place, no! The Bionic Bigfoot was awesomeness! He was played by Andre The Giant.
Bionic Bigfoot in the TV show was cool, but the Bionic Bigfoot toy kind of sucked. He wasn't very poseable, was made of cheap plastic and his only action was that dorky panel that popped off his chest. After my parents got it for me for Christmas, they took one look at the toy and actually said "Wow - we got totally ripped off on this piece of crap." It was really overpriced at the time it came out. :csad:

I've been waiting for Bionic Bigfoot to show up on the new Bionic Woman series. :csad:

That's literally what it would take to get me to watch another episode of that sucktacular show.

My brother had the Steve Austin action figure. I had this guy:

bigfootlarge.jpg

jag

Words escape me.

Got any pics of the old A team toys from 1983. Or the Batman stuff from 1989. Thanks.

I'll neeever teeeeelll...

really though...who the bad place could afford that damn aircraft carrier??

SearsWishbook1985ECP442.jpg

I thought I loved He-Man...

SearsWishbook1985ECP444.jpg

...when everyone knew that Voltron was 10x better.

SearsWishbook1985ECP440.jpg

I still got my aircraft carrier. My parents always got me the big toys. It was a better value. I still got the Transformer train set.
TrainSet1.jpg

More toy wish fun

n6012060341624926953ym8.jpg

n6012060341624947525mw4.jpg

(I have more 6 million dollar man toy images if anyone wants me to post them btw.)

n6012060341573596019qt1.jpg

And this one might take some of you WAAAAAY back....you ready?...

BAM!!!!
n6012060341573842794qu4.jpg

I wanted a Coleco so bad. And also Intellivision. Coleco had that one commercial where they showed Donkey Kong EXACTLY as it looked in the arcade..and this was a time when Atari 2600 was hot.

I still got my aircraft carrier. My parents always got me the big toys. It was a better value. I still got the Transformer train set.
TrainSet1.jpg

I've never seen this. And it transforms too? I would have so wanted this. :o

I've never seen this. And it transforms too?

Well, sort of. One of the boxcars transforms into a jet, but there's no robot transformations. It wasn't made by Takara or Bandai so it was one of those TFINO toys.

Wow, this thread really took me back to the good old days, remember so many of those toys, but where are the Thundercats and Secret Wars figures?

Bionic Bigfoot in the TV show was cool, but the Bionic Bigfoot toy kind of sucked. He wasn't very poseable, was made of cheap plastic and his only action was that dorky panel that popped off his chest. After my parents got it for me for Christmas, they took one look at the toy and actually said "Wow - we got totally ripped off on this piece of crap." It was really overpriced at the time it came out. :csad:

But....Andre has a posse. :(

jag

Good 'ole army men. Bag of 50 for 99 cents.

army_men.jpg

Good 'ole army men. Bag of 50 for 99 cents.

army_men.jpg

You have no idea how many of those little guys died in horrible fires involving firecrackers and gasoline at my house.

jag

I had about 50 billion Battle Beasts. :up::up:

Did anyone know another kid that had the GI Joe Space Shuttle or the Air Craft Carrier? That was too much money for most. :(

Oh and I totally had those Centurions.

That's a space ship. He can hold his breath but not definitely.

You have no idea how many of those little guys died in horrible fires involving firecrackers and gasoline at my house.

jag

They cause horrible blisters if you grab them when they're melting too! :csad:

I had the guns of navarone mountain and would shoot them off with a bb gun. BEST TIME EVER! :woot:

Did anyone know another kid that had the GI Joe Space Shuttle or the Air Craft Carrier? That was too much money for most. :(

Oh and I totally had those Centurions.

I.. I had part of one. From a yard sale. :csad:

They cause horrible blisters if you grab them when they're melting too! :csad:

I had the guns of navarone mountain and would shoot them off with a bb gun. BEST TIME EVER! :woot:

Yeah, they could take a BB or a pellet pretty well, couldn't they? We used to put a bunch of them in a rolling jeep, pour gas on it and strap an M80 to it and send it rolling down the hill. There were burning, plastic body parts everywhere. It was horrific. We loved it.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"