Christopher Meloni Eyed for Major Role

Project862006

Avenger
Reaction score
Chris_Meloni-1-Harold_and_Kumar_Escape_From_Guantanamo_Bay.jpg

Christopher Meloni, who a month ago surprised everyone by exiting his longtime home as co-star of NBC's Law & Order: SVU, is in line for a big-time follow-up. I hear he is in negotiations for a major role in Man Of Steel, the Superman franchise reboot from Warner Bros that Zack Snyder is directing. No word yet on what part he might get, though. He would join such big-name players as Russell Crowe, Julia Ormond, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane in the film, which stars Henry Cavill as Superman and Amy Adams as Lois Lane. Meloni is repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/christopher-meloni-to-co-star-in-man-of-steel/

The obvious role that spirngs to mind is Lex...

Even though he seems young for the role, I could see him playing Perry White maybe... Just put a cigar in his mouth and some crows feet on his face :cwink:

He might make an interesting Perry. Regardless of the role, having Meloni in Man of Steel would be awesome.

Nah, don't think he's right for Perry.

I have a feeling he could be another Kryptonian, actually.

Jeeeesus, he was mentioned a lot in casting threads to play Lex and I never knew the guy.
Looks like people could be right.

Weirdly enough when I see his picture I think he would look good as Jor-El if it weren't filled lol

I was thinking TUrpin, really just connecting him with what he's known for playing

He's younger than I thought Turpin would be but idk

Maybe Snyder is hiring all of these BIG names so that he'll use a good amount of the budget for these cast members in order to prevent himself from being tempted on using it for needless Special effects that would take away the realism from this film.hahaha j/k

He's so perfect for Lex I'd be so upset if he were someone else, ala Emma Stone as Gwen instead of MJ.

Jeeeesus, he was mentioned a lot in casting threads to play Lex and I never knew the guy.
Looks like people could be right.

Weirdly enough when I see his picture I think he would look good as Jor-El if it weren't filled lol

You've never watched Law and Order: SVU?

You've never watched Law and Order: SVU?

Nope, haven't seen Law and Order in like 10years.
Except for one episode I watched to see Michael Shannon.
I hear he's quite good on it though.

I found out he played Freakshow in Harold and Kumar though lol, sign that guy up!

SVU is one of my favorite shows. I love him as a actor. I know he can pull off a great Lex.

Please let it be Lex.

He would be fine as Perry, but I'd rather he play Lex.

It could be Brainiac, Metallo, Jax-Ur. I'm sure we'll find pretty soon.

He's ****in' brilliant on SVU. It won't be the same without him.

It will be hard viewing him as anything other than the guy from Law & Order SVU, but he could probably pull off Lex pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"