Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer

Hmm, guess the one word title? I suppose Atomic is a bit too obvious.

Details are a bit scant at the moment on casting, but I’m hearing talk that Cillian Murphy might be involved. He collaborated with Nolan on two of The Dark Knightfilms, Inception as well as Dunkirk, and is in the mix. The project has the sweep of Nolan’s last historical epic Dunkirk, looking at WWII from the development of the atomic bombs that ended the war with Japan. So there will clearly be many big star parts.

Maybe they should play this song in the film! :o

Great idea for a movie, and it'd be a killer role for Murphy if he is in fact up for the lead.

Looks like the Nolan/WB relationship is at an end.

Wonder which studio could get it?

Amazon
Netflix
Universal
Paramount
Sony
MGM
Apple

Sounds fantastic. I'm in! As if that was a surprise haha.

Now the question is where will he sign

Great idea for a movie, and it'd be a killer role for Murphy if he is in fact up for the lead.

Looks like the Nolan/WB relationship is at an end.
Or, knowing how desperate they likely are to remain in the Nolan business, he’s setting up meetings around town so WB scrambles to give him carte blanche to do literally anything he wants to with this.

Like someone I follow on Twitter said, they did literally everything he wanted with Tenet and the thing he’s mad at them for is the same kind of **** all the other major studios are doing rn.

I mean, what’s he gonna do, hold a grudge against WB for their day-and-date move while overlooking Universal making a day-and-date move this very day?

Amazon could be interesting if they'd guarantee him a theatrical window.

That'd be a get for them.

If it isn't titled "I Am Become Death," why bother?

"SHIVA".

my-job-here-is-done-bye.gif

Going to be a hell of a bidding war to the rights of the film!

I’m sad that it seems that Chris Nolan’s relationship with Warners is over. They’ve had such a long and fruitful relationship with each other and he made many of his best movies at that studio. Oh well. It is what it is.

I could see Nolan going with Paramount; that’d be huge for them and Paramount+.

But maybe it’s because I want to see Nolan and Tom Cruise team together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"