The Dark Knight Rises Christopher Nolan's Favorite Sequence From His Movies Is The Airplane Kidnapping Scen

Good choice. the prologue for TDKR was boss.

Came here to post this

Words cannot explain how much this makes me happy

CIA almost had his charged hijacked by another big guy last Sunday.

I get the feeling that I'm gonna be posting a lot in this thread

Hahaha, this thread definitely rolled out the red carpet for Chip.

I love the sequence though, both ironically and unironically, so nice choice C-Nol. Shooting that sequence in the air had to be such a thrill.

I take back every bad thing I've ever said about Rises, this is just too good

I think he's messing with you Chip. :oldrazz:

30BLh.gif

It was all part of his master plan

He started a meme and it took on a life of its own

It's a great scene. The only downside to it for me is Bane's redone voice. I appreciate Hardy's weirdly animated delivery, immediately setting up the dichotomy of the character, but the original voice was much better. The mixing sounded way more natural, like it actually belonged in the scene despite having a processed tone to it, and it fit the way the voice sounded throughout (most of) the rest of the movie.

Great scene, great movie, sure to be a great thread. :D

[YT]vCX5dflK5cc[/YT]

I really think about this every day. Every time I see a large male, every time I think about a plane, every time somebody mentions the CIA, every time somebody asks about a mask, every time I weigh on the scale, every time somebody mentions the want to be a Doctor, every time somebody says they're not their friends, every time somebody mentions loyalty, every time somebody mentions Batman.

Holy ****. It's a part of me now. This scene is a big guy for me, and taking over my brain must have been a part of it's plan. Of course, Bravo Nolan you're a real human being and a true detective. I don't know what to do anymore. I wake up in the middle of the night and immediately yell, FOR YOU! I just can't help it. Every dream I can remember for the past 6 monthshas had to do with this ****ing scene. Even if it's just the faintest sound of the plane. Oh my God. Please save me. Somebody. I can't take it. My life is crashing with no survivors.

[YT]vCX5dflK5cc[/YT]

I really think about this every day. Every time I see a large male, every time I think about a plane, every time somebody mentions the CIA, every time somebody asks about a mask, every time I weigh on the scale, every time somebody mentions the want to be a Doctor, every time somebody says they're not their friends, every time somebody mentions loyalty, every time somebody mentions Batman.

Holy ****. It's a part of me now. This scene is a big guy for me, and taking over my brain must have been a part of it's plan. Of course, Bravo Nolan you're a real human being and a true detective. I don't know what to do anymore. I wake up in the middle of the night and immediately yell, FOR YOU! I just can't help it. Every dream I can remember for the past 6 monthshas had to do with this ****ing scene. Even if it's just the faintest sound of the plane. Oh my God. Please save me. Somebody. I can't take it. My life is crashing with no survivors.

LOL, WTf?

[YT]vCX5dflK5cc[/YT]

X4NDCbz.gif

I recently came across this video. Gave me a whole new perspective on this wonderful sequence. I must warn you all though, its a big video.

LOL, WTf?

[YT]nFzl0_Qeb84[/YT]

Hark ser Pavel, and good day,
My Christian name is CIA.

We journeyed to the meeting zone,
But the doctor was not alone.

I fear doctor this party ends,
Our deal did not include your friends.

Nay agent, you are incorrect.
These men do not my life protect.

Worry not, ser CIA.
For these men you need not pay.

Good ser, I plainly fail to see,
What use these men would be to me.

Well agent, these hooded knaves,
Nearly put us in our graves.
They laid in wait to spring their trap,
Ser Pavel they aimed to kidnap.
The rogue who set them on their task,
Was the man who wears the mask.

Surely you do not mean Bane?
Alright, embark upon our plane.
Our Lords in Langley I'll notify,
That with the doctor we now fly.

[YT]nFzl0_Qeb84[/YT]

Hark ser Pavel, and good day,
My Christian name is CIA.

We journeyed to the meeting zone,
But the doctor was not alone.

I fear doctor this party ends,
Our deal did not include your friends.

Nay agent, you are incorrect.
These men do not my life protect.

Worry not, ser CIA.
For these men you need not pay.

Good ser, I plainly fail to see,
What use these men would be to me.

Well agent, these hooded knaves,
Nearly put us in our graves.
They laid in wait to spring their trap,
Ser Pavel they aimed to kidnap.
The rogue who set them on their task,
Was the man who wears the mask.

Surely you do not mean Bane?
Alright, embark upon our plane.
Our Lords in Langley I'll notify,
That with the doctor we now fly.

:woot:

XPIRCB9l.jpg

Well apparently Nolan's got good taste. Great scene, easily one of my favorites in the whole trilogy.

I'd watch a show based on CIA guy's exploits leading up to his first and only encounter with Bane. An amazing prequel show that would be.

That's surprising. I would think he would've chosen a scene from Inception or Interstellar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"