Christopher Nolan's Inception (Thread II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone missed it...

Deadline has now added THIS YEAR to their proclamation that Inception is the first 2D original film to make 100 mil in 7 days.

That makes alot more sense. lol

tumblr_l61mhy8SyX1qzoyqxo1_r1_400.gif

that is so awesome hahah

i see why nolan wanted evan rachel wood. just look at her tattoo...:woot:

Last edited:
Robert Downey, Jr.

Have you guys seen the response this film is getting from others in the industry? It's pretty damn amazing. lol Plus most of them are on Twitter helping spread the WOM.
He certainly likes to bring up Nolan films like he feels threatened or something...Avengers wishes. :whatever:

true true...we all know inception rocks...and jealousy will always be there i suppose

He understood it? Didn't he have a hard time understanding TDK. :hehe: :oldrazz:

Jesus people you can't take a joke? That's his sense of humor. My God, when you feel the slightest hint of Nolan being threatened or someone outstaging him they suddenly wish they were as good or they suck.

Take it easy. They're both risky projects, and one has payed off so far. Let's leave it at that. Although I have a feeling we won't.

Jesus people you can't take a joke? That's his sense of humor. My God, when you feel the slightest hint of Nolan being threatened or someone outstaging him they suddenly wish they were as good or they suck.

Take it easy. They're both risky projects, and one has payed off so far. Let's leave it at that. Although I have a feeling we won't.

Irony.

I doubt any of us were being serious.

We should get revenge on Downey by doing the old "I'm boycotting Marvel movies...except the ones I want to see" trick that people threaten Fox with all the time.

Irony.

I doubt any of us were being serious.

Hence the rolls eyes and the "Avengers wishes" and using the word jealousy? :huh:

People hated on him because of what he said for TDK. Maybe it was just his opinion, who knows, or maybe he was just joking. People take this stuff too seriously.

WKND BO: Inception $43.5M/$143.7M

WOW - $43.5 Million?

Outstanding hold......

and...we were afraid that this movie could fail at the box office. i will never doubt a nolan film at the box office...never again...hehe

WOW - $43.5 Million?

Outstanding hold......

Likely headed for $300+ million. If it has the same legs as Pirates 1 the rest of the way, it'll end up around $330m. It's basically been tracking very similarly to that one except slightly ahead of it. It's difficult to make a direct comparison because Pirates came out on a Wednesday, but even with that in mind it was at $133m through two weekends (12 days) whereas Inception is going to be at $143m after two weekends (10 days).

Likely headed for $300+ million. If it has the same legs as Pirates 1 the rest of the way, it'll end up around $330m. It's basically been tracking very similarly to that one except slightly ahead of it. It's difficult to make a direct comparison because Pirates came out on a Wednesday, but even with that in mind it was at $133m through two weekends (12 days) whereas Inception is going to be at $143m after two weekends (10 days).

I remember at one point after Pirates 1 had been out for a month or 2, it jumped right back into the top 5 BO spots (forgot how much it made with that brief return). Maybe if there is a huge drought of good movies down the road people might flock back to Inception.

Not quite Avatar, but defintely a Curse of the Black Pearl style hold. The big test will be next week as Dinner for Schmucks I think could be this years Hangover, and early stuff I've heard had said Charlie St. Cloud is going to be a breakout for Efron, to being a dramatic actor. The book is fabulous and a real tear jerker, if you've ever had a brother or sister you were close to, or ever experienced a loss in your life.

Still great hold for Inception. I'm not sold on 300 yet, but it will be darn close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"