Gotham City of Gotham as a character

pnakasone

Civilian
Reaction score
In some comics it has been mentioned even long before Batman Gotham had a dark weird edge to it. So is there more to what makes Gotham the city it is then just the criminal and social corruption?

In some comics it has been mentioned even long before Batman Gotham had a dark weird edge to it. So is there more to what makes Gotham the city it is then just the criminal and social corruption?

To me, the city here looks like the perfect mashup between Burton's Gotham (the one from B89 especially) and Nolan's.

That happens to be how I always envisioned it, with a mixed character of not too realistic, and not too un-realistic.

Are there actually dirigibles floating in the Gotham skyline in the show, or is that just for the banner art?

Bnj5J1QIcAAyCve.jpg:large

Also twin towers (even goth looking ones), makes me all nostalgic for the real ones.:csad:

Love the timless look they're giving the city, with the 70s-80s cars, mixed with modern deco and gothic elements.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what city or cities they've used to film exteriors?

It's showing the emergence of the Age of Greed in Gotham and how it happened. Much like Star wars prequels showed how the republic fell.

I love the way in the wide shots Gotham looks 'fake', but not 'to fake'. It really captures the comic book feel for me.

I am still trying to figure out when the show is apposed to take place. The characters have cell phones but other parts of the show feel older.

deleted

Last edited:
I love the way in the wide shots Gotham looks 'fake', but not 'to fake'. It really captures the comic book feel for me.

I am still trying to figure out when the show is apposed to take place. The characters have cell phones but other parts of the show feel older.

They use blur to good effect.

The colour tones/filters they use make it very easy to green screen.

I'm finally coming around after last night's ep.

The Bullock flashback ties into a Gotham/The Wire comparison, where Baltimore was the overall start of the show.

If Gotham City is a character unto itself, then it's suffering from depression, paranoia, PTSD, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and several other miscellaneous disorders. Which is what makes it cool. And its also probably why it's famous for Arkham Ayslum. Madness is definitely the name of the game in Gotham.

If Gotham City is a character unto itself, then it's suffering from depression, paranoia, PTSD, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and several other miscellaneous disorders. Which is what makes it cool. And its also probably why it's famous for Arkham Ayslum. Madness is definitely the name of the game in Gotham.

In some of the comics it has been speculated that Gotham is cursed in some way. Some of the physic and mystical power based characters have made comments about Gotham having something wrong with it that subverts any attempts to change it.

In some of the comics it has been speculated that Gotham is cursed in some way. Some of the physic and mystical power based characters have made comments about Gotham having something wrong with it that subverts any attempts to change it.

Maybe because the city is really a metaphor for Batman's haunted, damaged mind.

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with the Gotham City we've got here. A place which is dark but where crazy and outlandish stuff can happen at any time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"