City on a Hill

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Kaleb, May 17, 2018.

1. Kaleb

Kaleb Devil of Hells Kitchen

Kevin Bacon Crime Drama City on a Hill Ordered to Series at Showtime

Set in 1990s Boston, City on a Hill stars Bacon as corrupt FBI veteran Jackie Rhodes, who teams up with assistant district attorney Decoucy Ward (Underground‘s Aldis Hodge) to catch a family of armored car robbers. The case eventually exposes a massive scandal within the city’s criminal justice system. The 12-episode first season will debut in 2019. (Showtime has also released a first-look photo of the cast, which you can see above.)

The supporting cast includes Jonathan Tucker (Kingdom) and Mark O’Brien (Halt and Catch Fire) as brothers Frankie and Jimmy, both of whom are members of the robbery gang, and Jill Hennessy (Crossing Jordan) as Jackie’s wife Jenny. The series is based on an original idea by Ben Affleck, who serves as an executive producer along with Matt Damon.

2. Milk Tray Guy

Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

It sounds like a promising idea - and I'll admit to being a bit of a Bacon fan too.

3. Slick

Slick Yup

I’ll check it out.

4. KevTravels

KevTravels Well-Known Member

Aldis Hodge. Very impressed. I thought his career would be over after Leverage but he did 2 seasons of UNDERGROUND and now this.

I'd have loved to see him join the DCEU or MCU. He's 6feet and youngish (31) and has range.