Civil War Civil War Blu-ray/DVD Thread

Are the deleted/extended scenes any good?

They are OK. You really don't miss them. There's a longer cut of Peggy's funeral. Some moments were kept in but rearranged elsewhere. The other stuff are minor subtractions.

You see Zemo meeting the psychologist he murdered and later posed as. There's another short little Panther and Black Widow scene. Panther says he's taking Bucky back to Wakanda. Widow says he's being naive, then Martin Freeman's character comes in and says that Panther got extradition for Bucky. Panther then sarcastically tells Widow off, saying like, "Yeah, I'm sure I've got much to learn."

Being able to watch this film multiple times has made me appreciate its intricacy even more. The juggling of so many characters and story points was a more daunting task than ever, but CW did it beautifully. Its truly one of the crowning achievements of the genre.

Got my copy yesterday and in preparation I rewatched all the phase 2 movies that built up to civil war from TWS onward/all Falcon appearances.

My routine with new releases is watch it in 3d, then swithc to the regular disc and watch the gag reel, watch the deleted scenes, and then watch them again with comments* then the rest of the featurettes and then finally watch the movie with comments

*the deleted scenes didn't have a comments option :(

There's another short little Panther and Black Widow scene. Panther says he's taking Bucky back to Wakanda. Widow says he's being naive, then Martin Freeman's character comes in and says that Panther got extradition for Bucky. Panther then sarcastically tells Widow off, saying like, "Yeah, I'm sure I've got much to learn."
that is a really good one

Seems Best Buy's website gave me the wrong delivery date after checkout since I received them today. I was pleasantly surprised to see them and am currently going through the special features. Not sure if I'm going to get to the actual movie because there's some stuff on network TV that I want to watch tonight.

There seems to be a supply problem with some of the biggest retailers.

Amazon's made the 3D/Blu ray/Digital available to purchase only for Prime members. The regular BR is talking 1-2 more days to process and the DVD will take a crazy 1-2 months to ship

Some Target pre-orders are taking until mid Oct to deliver and now the 3D/Blu ray/Digital pack is unavailable to ship on line and out of stock in many stores.

Best Buy of course sold out online of the SteelBook but now they've raised the price of the regular 3D pack to $29.99.

:loco:

I bought mine on Tuesday and haven't gotten the chance to watch the extra footage yet. I have to make a point to watch the commentary too.

I watched it again last and it still doesn't disappoint. My next viewing will be with the commentary track, probably tomorrow or Thursday. I'll likely then do a CA marathon by watching the 3 solo and 2 Avenger films.

What the hell is going on with these Blu-Rays? I go to Target to buy this movie and it's at $20, but it's just a bare bones, no slip cover, no second DVD, no extras (like a store exclusive) no nothing. I didn't buy it. It looked like it belonged in the $5 bin. And they didn't have the 3D version.

So I got on my phone to look for other stores and most had the same thing. Then I saw that Best Buy had an exclusive steel book, but none of the stores have them. They're on E-bay going for $40-$50!! :cmad:

This sucks, I bought the Target exclusive Batman v Superman for about $20-$25, and it came with 3 discs (Director's cut, theatrical cut and DVD) a little art book and had a lenticular cover, and probably has a digital download.

The Civil War blu-ray felt like a rip off for that price.

Come now, the BVS special edition gets extra points for the DVD but not for giving you two versions of the movie because people hated the theatrical cut.

Disney hasn't packaged DVDs in with the BRs on Marvel films since I think TDW. The DVDs are actually bare bones (no commentary, no features etc) unlike the BRs

Instead the CW combo packs swipes in the 3D (for DVD) + BR + Digital. Which does come with a slip cover and was on sale for $20-23 and now around $25.

Target had Store exclusives with an extra video and a free month to Marvel Comics Online the first week; I don't know if they still do.

The CW Best Buy SteeleBook sold out on before they even began shipping them and at stores soon after. Unlike the BvS Steelbook they which they were selling for $16.99 a few weeks after it came out.

The major issue with finding the copy you want is that they seem to have underestimated demand. Amazon's even had issues.

I'll probably just get that Collector's Edition if only because it has what I want, Blu Ray and a Digital copy of the film. Steelbook or special covers, I can't say that's a decision-maker since that's more money spent. But then, I'm not a collector or anything like that- just looking for the film and digital copy since, as mentioned, the DVD and even Blu Ray by itself is bare bones.

http://variety.com/2016/digital/new...ers-dvd-blu-ray-disc-sales-charts-1201867507/
‘Captain America’ Conquers DVD, Blu-ray Disc Sales Charts

“Captain America: Civil War,” the latest Marvel Studios superhero blockbuster, shot straight to the top of both national home video sales charts upon its release last week.

The third “Captain America” film rode its $408.1 domestic theatrical gross to a No. 1 debut on both NPD VideoScan’s overall disc sales chart and dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart for the week ended Sept. 18.

The 13th entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe line is one of those rare sequels with a bigger theatrical take than either of its two predecessors. “Captain America: The Winter Soldier: (2014) earned $260 million, while the original 2011 “Captain America: The First Avenger” made $177 million.

The horror sequel “The Conjuring 2,” from Warner, debuted at a distant No. 2 on the overall disc sales chart, selling just 10% as many copies as “Captain America.”

Walt Disney’s live-action “The Jungle Book” remake, at the top of both charts the two previous two weeks, dropped to No. 3 on the overall disc sales chart but came in at No. 2 on the Blu-ray Disc chart, where “Conjuring 2” finished third.

On both charts, Lionsgate’s “Now You See Me 2,” an action adventure sequel with an ensemble cast that includes Michael Caine, Daniel Radcliffe, Woody Harrelson and Morgan Freeman, came in at No. 4, with the ninth season of popular TV sitcom “The Big Bang Theory” debuting at No. 5.

NPD research shows that “Captain America” generated 70% of its total unit sales from Blu-ray Disc, compared to 41% for “Conjuring 2.”

i feel that a missed opportunity was not taking by marvel and that is a documentary or the tv special promoting the 75th commemorative anniversary of Captain America

Yeah would've been nice if they had something like that commemorating his anniversary and more stuff about Cap going from comics to the screen. Granted, I'm happy with most of the extras we get. It annoys me when we can't get audio commentary.

Last edited:
Yeah would've been nice if they had something like that commemorating his anniversary and more stuff about Cap going from comics to the screen. Granted, I'm happy with most of the extras we get. It annoys me when we can't get audio commentary.
wait, audio commentary on what? The movie does have commentary on the bluray

I'm really happy to have this movie on Blu-ray in my collection. It's definitely a movie with great rewatchability.

Slightly disappointing extras imo. Gag reel was flat.
Best part for me, the audio commentary and Doctor Strange sneek peek.

I thought the extras were alright. If nothing else I liked the whole 2 Part road to Civil War thing. Though I do think the highlights were the Doctor Strange portion and the commentary.

Really do like the commentary the Russos do for these movies. Some interesting thoughts on why certain things were done. Made a lot of sense and I agree with a lot of it.

What the hell is going on with these Blu-Rays? I go to Target to buy this movie and it's at $20, but it's just a bare bones, no slip cover, no second DVD, no extras (like a store exclusive) no nothing. I didn't buy it. It looked like it belonged in the $5 bin. And they didn't have the 3D version.

So I got on my phone to look for other stores and most had the same thing. Then I saw that Best Buy had an exclusive steel book, but none of the stores have them. They're on E-bay going for $40-$50!! :cmad:

This sucks, I bought the Target exclusive Batman v Superman for about $20-$25, and it came with 3 discs (Director's cut, theatrical cut and DVD) a little art book and had a lenticular cover, and probably has a digital download.

The Civil War blu-ray felt like a rip off for that price.

That's the norm for Marvel blu-rays ever since Iron Man 3 . The non 3D version is always bare bones with no slipcover.

EDIT: Wait, no extras either? Nevermind. That's weird. No slipcover or DVD copy is normal, but the blu-rays always come with extras.

Last edited:
Anyway, finally got around to picking up my copy and watched it last night. Still love this movie. Like any movie, you can pick it apart bit of you just sit back and watch it for what it is, it's so good!

I love the movie even more now that I've had a chance to watch it a few times at home. I agree the gag reel wasn't very good, but I really liked most of the documentaries.

For the first time I can remember a Marvel movie is going to be discounted for Black Friday. The CW BR is $8-10 at Amazon, Bestbuy, Walmart etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"