"Claire could be another Linderman or Arthur Petrelli"

DarkSuperman

Sidekick
Reaction score
"Claire Benett is not someone to laugh at. She comes from Excellent Stock. It's important we maintain tabs on her. With her blood, she may become a major player. The Next Linderman. the Next Arthur Petrelli." - Bob to Elle.

I just watched the Heroes Evo Vids and saw Elle's first assignment and when bob said "Claire could be another Linderman or Arthur Petrelli" it made my brain spin off into a million different directions! He also said that Elle should be careful how she deals with Claire cause she could "Become a major player and she could be taking orders from her in a few years" What does that mean exactly? Will Claire's regeneration abilities somehow evolve into Linderman's healing ability? What was Arthur Petrelli's power? Was it the same as Clair, Linderman, or both? :huh:

So, many questions! :wow:

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/video_display.shtml#mea=194954

People speculated on here that Papa P could have had the regenerative ability. I think Matt, the moderator, had a theory that Papa P was the "healer" who proved you could die from a gunshot wound to the head.

People speculated on here that Papa P could have had the regenerative ability. I think Matt, the moderator, had a theory that Papa P was the "healer" who proved you could die from a gunshot wound to the head.

Wow.

How did he prove that? :huh:

They sure didn't say, or even imply anything like that. The only thing they implied is that he might still be alive. But that was back in season 1.

Regardless, the quote has NOTHING to do with powers, since Linderman and Claire have DIFFERENT powers. The quote is about their influence and social power. Linderman and Petrelli were major players, they RAN things, as you saw with Linderman. Bob is saying that one day, Claire will be the "Mr. Linderman," that is, she will have lots of money, lots of people working for her, and she will be the one deciding when and where bombs should or should not go off.

It has nothing to do with their abilities.

Wow.

Well there was alot of discussion on here about how Victoria Pratt new for sure that a gunshot to the head would kill someone with the regenerative ability, like Adam. Then a few scenes later you have Adam confirming her statement, when he told Peter "there's no coming back from that one."

So that raised the question, did the Original 12 witness another person with the regenerative ability dying from a gunshot wound to the head? There has always been speculation on how Papa P died, and what ability he had (if any). So the moderator Matt, tossed out the idea that maybe Papa P was the guinea pig, so-to-speak. Maybe he had the regenerative ability and died from a headshot, and this is how Adam and Victoria knew.

Well he tried to commit suicide 2 times. The first time he failed probably because of his ability. Angela Petrelli also said that Arthur though he was invincible so he must have had a powerful ability. I hope he didn't have a healing ability though but something else. Invulnerability, kinetic energy absortion, probability manipulation or something like that..

Well there was alot of discussion on here about how Victoria Pratt new for sure that a gunshot to the head would kill someone with the regenerative ability, like Adam. Then a few scenes later you have Adam confirming her statement, when he told Peter "there's no coming back from that one."

So that raised the question, did the Original 12 witness another person with the regenerative ability dying from a gunshot wound to the head? There has always been speculation on how Papa P died, and what ability he had (if any). So the moderator Matt, tossed out the idea that maybe Papa P was the guinea pig, so-to-speak. Maybe he had the regenerative ability and died from a headshot, and this is how Adam and Victoria knew.

See that confuses me because when Peter questioned adam about being locked up for 30 years Adam said "If they could have figured out a way to kill me I assure you they would have." Which lead me to believe that the company didn't know how to kill him.

Is this a writers mistake or was Adam lying and forgot he told peter this when they ran into Pratt? :huh:

writer's mistake

Then that makes The Company stupid, cause why keep a dude like that around? They kill innocent bystanders for a whole lot less. It would have been smarter to just kill Adam.

P.S.

I love your Avatar, that Episode of buffy is one of my favs!

thanks.:)

I guess you could argue that since Linderman was in charge of things, he wouldn't allow his mentor killed. Kaito had left presumably, and Bob probably fell in line because of Linderman's power. But once Linderman died, he should've had Adam killed.

What i don't understand is how non-aggressive abilities like healing can bring that amount of power. Bob is more dangerous than Linderman was, only Linderman had money. Claire could never be that powerful because someone like peter could whip her head off. I guess with her blood she has leverage but if she was ever like Linderman she can be stopped relatively easily with a long range ability like telekenisis.

Wow.

I didn't prove it, thats why it is a theory. These powers seem to involve at least a little bit of genetics being passed down (Matt and his father, the implication that Kaito was also a time traveler who simply choose not to use his powers, etc). Therefore, it is not entirely unlikely that Claire shares her power with her paternal grandfather. Every character who knew Adam, seemed positive that shooting him in the head would kill him. That is a pretty bold assumption to make when your life and the lives of millions are on the line (both Victoria and Bob were aware that he wanted to unleash the virus, and both were positive that a shot to the head would kill him). Therefore, because of that certainty, it goes to logic that there must've been some kind of lab rat who put that theory to test. We have been told that Papa Petrelli killed himself. Therefore he either did commit suicide, or someone wanted us to believe him committed suicide. What is the easiest way to kill yourself or at least make it look like someone killed theirself? A shot to the head.

Its mostly just idle speculation on my part...though I am beginning to suspect Papa Petrelli is not only alive but may have been the driving force behind Nathan's assassination. Why make it a mystery if Angela were only talking to Bob (who everyone would assume)? Why not just show him? That leads me to believe whoever ordered the hit, is meant to shock the audience. I can only think of two people would have that effect. Linderman and Papa Petrelli. Linderman is dead (then again, Adam and Claire's ressurection blood can cancel out pretty much any death on the show...so who knows? Maybe Adam would go and ressurect his old protegee). So assuming Linderman is still 6 feet under, that leaves us with Arthur.

At anyrate, I believe GL1 is right in this case. Bob's comments have nothing at all to do with powers.

What i don't understand is how non-aggressive abilities like healing can bring that amount of power. Bob is more dangerous than Linderman was, only Linderman had money. Claire could never be that powerful because someone like peter could whip her head off. I guess with her blood she has leverage but if she was ever like Linderman she can be stopped relatively easily with a long range ability like telekenisis.

It's all bout how you use your ability. Remember how Linderman made Nathan feel like he owed him because he healed his wife? He could promise to heal you or someone you love in exchange for a favor or money. With that healing ability you could also beat the snot out of somebody yourself and then get them to do something for you because you're the only one that can heal them.

I didn't prove it, thats why it is a theory. These powers seem to involve at least a little bit of genetics being passed down (Matt and his father, the implication that Kaito was also a time traveler who simply choose not to use his powers, etc). Therefore, it is not entirely unlikely that Claire shares her power with her paternal grandfather. Every character who knew Adam, seemed positive that shooting him in the head would kill him. That is a pretty bold assumption to make when your life and the lives of millions are on the line (both Victoria and Bob were aware that he wanted to unleash the virus, and both were positive that a shot to the head would kill him). Therefore, because of that certainty, it goes to logic that there must've been some kind of lab rat who put that theory to test. We have been told that Papa Petrelli killed himself. Therefore he either did commit suicide, or someone wanted us to believe him committed suicide. What is the easiest way to kill yourself or at least make it look like someone killed theirself? A shot to the head.

Its mostly just idle speculation on my part...though I am beginning to suspect Papa Petrelli is not only alive but may have been the driving force behind Nathan's assassination. Why make it a mystery if Angela were only talking to Bob (who everyone would assume)? Why not just show him? That leads me to believe whoever ordered the hit, is meant to shock the audience. I can only think of two people would have that effect. Linderman and Papa Petrelli. Linderman is dead (then again, Adam and Claire's ressurection blood can cancel out pretty much any death on the show...so who knows? Maybe Adam would go and ressurect his old protegee). So assuming Linderman is still 6 feet under, that leaves us with Arthur.

At anyrate, I believe GL1 is right in this case. Bob's comments have nothing at all to do with powers.

Linderman can't be brought back at this point, I think. He's been dead for a few months. Claire's blood probably only works if you've been dead for a certain period of time. Also, D.L. kind of removed Linderman's brain, didn't he?

And I agree that Petrelli is also still alive.

Linderman can't be brought back at this point, I think. He's been dead for a few months. Claire's blood probably only works if you've been dead for a certain period of time. Also, D.L. kind of removed Linderman's brain, didn't he?

And I agree that Petrelli is also still alive.

But perhaps if Claire's blood can regrow an eyeball or a toe, whose to say it can't regenerate brain tissue that has been damaged? Also, maybe Adam got to him within enough time?

But perhaps if Claire's blood can regrow an eyeball or a toe, whose to say it can't regenerate brain tissue that has been damaged? Also, maybe Adam got to him within enough time?

even so, I think there's probably going to be some sort of time limit to stop people from coming back to life all willy nilly. Writers said they had something planned to stop Claires blood from being the end all solution to bringing people back. I'm guessing there's a point of no return.

As for her abilities garnering her a high status in the company in the future...I just don't see how that would work.

Do they just hand out CEO positions to the person with the coolest power? Not likely, how does one go from having a cool power, to being in charge?! What makes Claire and Linderman, more special than Elle or Parkman?

I'm gonna need that explained, cause the inner workings and protocols of the company are still very much a mystery to us. :huh:

Then that makes The Company stupid, cause why keep a dude like that around? They kill innocent bystanders for a whole lot less. It would have been smarter to just kill Adam.

P.S.

I love your Avatar, that Episode of buffy is one of my favs!

With Adam alive the Company always had a fresh supply of his blood to use in their research.

It would make sense if Papa P was behind the shooting of Nathan. The writers already planted the seeds in Season 1 when they showed how Nathan was preparing to press criminal charges on his father (just before his apparent suicide).

they were going to press charges on Linderman, who was Arthur's client at the time.

Correct. But Nathan was also going to implicate his father. Nathan even went ahead and told Peter of his plans to make sure he was okay with what was about to happen to their dad.

He also said that Elle should be careful how she deals with Claire cause she could "Become a major player and she could be taking orders from her in a few years" What does that mean exactly? Will Claire's regeneration abilities somehow evolve into Linderman's healing ability? ...

...No. That's not implied at all. I think the "could be taking orders from her" means that Bob and the Company were, at the time, trying to get Claire into the fold of the Company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"