Clark Gregg says S6 will come out after Avengers 4 and he's unlikely to be in it

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by GBaxter, May 18, 2018.

1. GBaxter

GBaxter Active Member

2. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

Good. I really hope they take some risks in Season 6. Focus on different characters and introduce new ones. They have a chance to potentially spin off new shows with this last season. Don't waste this opportunity.

I would do a bunch of 2-3 ep anthology arcs and treat them as mini pilots. Deathlok, Ghost Rider, SWORD, Werewolf by night etc.

I actually pitched an idea for a Ravagers show. Original characters that are part of the Ravager core. Kinda like Guardians meets Firefly, but for tv. I think it could work.

3. Panacea

Panacea Well-Known Member

Good. I don't want them to undercut what happened in the finale. I also hope that...

...Deke hasn't blipped out of existence either, because that's just completely illogical and contradicts the time travel rules that they've already established for themselves.

4. fire117

fire117 Well-Known Member

Well I saw on social media some fans have said if Coulson isn't in season 6 they won't be watching it. I hope they have it said a cure was found and that he doesn't die at least in passing, though I'd like it if our favourite SHIELD agent was in season 6 as well even if briefly.

5. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

I was recently in the Philippines where their syndication package's advertising was all Phil Coulson and SHIELD. Frankly I was surprised that there was so much emphasis on him. Folks have been saying similar things about out for good since seeing Skye in the first episodes and Ward's Turn. Others have been saying it recently about Deke "the slaver" and Leopold "the torturer". You can't please everybody and a few will double down on their public position and leave. So be it.

It has been 10 years after a bit role of a Man In Black on Iron Man lead to Clark Gregg's career role. At this point he is flirting with being old man action star, TV version and may have decided to go onto other things. Besides the movie side has brought him back and may want to play with the company man some more without worrying about explaining where is Quake and why isn't she bring her Inhuman power to bear.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ming Na Wen is gone for good also

6. KevTravels

KevTravels Well-Known Member

Is this show really that popular overseas?

7. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

I doubt it the syndication package was about three weeks behind the US broadcast schedule where as other shows are shown the same night or week as the American broadcast, On the other hand still other one season and done shows from last season are shown by a local syndicator.

8. SirStrangefolk

SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Does anyone have the feeling that early next season might have less Coulson, May, Fitz and Deke in it and that they may make Piper and Davis take on a larger role? Especially given how they've been set up and more and more became part of the show instead of just background agents.

9. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

I suspect Piper and Davis will actually get an arc and a backstory rather than just being background agents. I think schedule conflicts will prevent Bobbi and Hunter from being regulars, but I do think they need to expand the cast.

May's status is the big questionmark for me.

10. Panacea

I get the impression that budget will still be an issue, so I doubt they're going to want to expand the cast more than they have to. It wouldn't surprise me to see Bobbi or Hunter again, but I wouldn't expect it to be for more than an episode or two. I also think that the 'May will never be back to full strength' line was maybe thrown out there for the sake of the audience in the sense that as showrunners, how long can they seriously expect this 54 year old woman to keep doing stunts and fight scenes for them?

11. Kev4000

Kev4000 Well-Known Member

I thaught that would be an awesome series ending. The circle is full, why they Need a new Season without there MVP?
    Ratings are very bad so the Chance of Season 7 is low and IMO the Quality falls with the 3rd Season.

12. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Honestly, as much as I'll continue to watch this show for however much longer it remains around, I can't quite picture the show without Coulson. He's been the foundation of the team from the first day - it very much is his show.

It'll be strange watching it without him in it.

13. NewYorkSpider

As much as I love Coulson, I hope he doesn’t come back. How many times as he cheated death in the MCU? The only thing I think could happen is if something strange happens in Avengers 4 that [BLACKOUT]causes the timeline to be shifted? [/BLACKOUT]Imagine if Season 6 none of the characters have met.

14. SomeOldGuy

SomeOldGuy Well-Known Member

Put me in the no Phil camp. His story is done and they ended it beautifully.

15. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I like the other characters, but Coulson is the most interesting character in the show. Not sure I'd care about a non-Coulson SHIELD show. Having said that I have trouble seeing myself watching a season 6 anyway after watching the finale.

16. raz1337

raz1337 Member

I've become too attached to Daisy, Fitz and Simmons to not say I wouldn't watch a 6th season. I honestly can't even tell you Yo-Yo's real name and Mack has gotten way too annoying in the last 2 seasons.

Looks like Captain Marvel will be the last for Clark Gregg.

17. Panacea

Unfortunately (to me at least) Clark Gregg has said that ABC are interested in him coming back in some capacity and he wants to too. Although he did say that as far as he understands it, his character is indeed dead.

18. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

If they leave his character dead, good. That send off was perfect for him. Bringing him back in flashbacks or some other not real way is fine. Just let the man's final days be on Tahiti with a woman he loves.

19. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

Ray Donovan brought back dead character for a whole season through Flash backs. I'd be down for something similar.

What I hope they DON'T do is bring him back as some kind of AI hologram or LMD.

20. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Do you think Coulson being dead or at least not returning could be to free him up for Captain Marvel? Or would that have wrapped long before AoS films again?

21. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

They should have wrapped long before then.

22. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I am curious here, but if Coulson is out, does that mean May is out too, or are we expected to believe that she'll stay with him until he dies and then she'll rejoin the team?

23. KingCheops

KingCheops Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if she left. It was only Coulson who was able to convince her to leave her desk job in the first place.

24. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

Clark Gregg made a reference to concurrently filming Captain Marvel as they were filming this season so there won't be a conflict there. Marvel will be done and ready long before the next season of SHIELD

It's always possible she will come back to help the team with their (presumably) one last mission.

25. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

Last season, so it doesn't matter if they watch or not. However a good show will do well regardless of who in the cast.