Classic Rock Appreciation Thread

Pearl Jam would have to be one of my favorite bands.

Pickle-El said:
Some classic rock on SNL tonight.....Pearl Jam is performing. :D

Pearl Jam was good.

I hated Lindsay. The last sketch as Ann-Margret was insulting. Coming from a huge Ann-Margret fan.

Pearl Jam did indeed rock, though.

Cool, thanks. I've got about 2 hours to go here in California! I need to get pumped for the tour. :up:

Pearl Jam would have to be one of my favorite bands.
Hardly Classic Rock but they were good and I enjoyed them up to Vitology. Their lastest album's not too bad either.

Yeah, early Pearl Jam is awesome. Not into the newer stuff, though.

When I first heard the new single from their latest CD, I didn't like it but after listening to it a few times, I think it's alright. Nothing like their early stuff but ... it's alright. I wouldn't go out and buy it though.

When I first heard the new single from their latest CD, I didn't like it but after listening to it a few times, I think it's alright. Nothing like their early stuff but ... it's alright. I wouldn't go out and buy it though.

Anything past 10 or Crazy Mary was not that great.

oh, whew, I thought this was a thread about collecting rocks.

Yeah, early Pearl Jam is awesome. Not into the newer stuff, though.
Love PJ :up:
Never really thought of them as classic rock though,
The main favorites that come to mind are The Doors, Hendrix, The Beatles, Clapton, Grateful Dead, and Santana

The White Stripes and ZZ Top have always been my favorite. :up:

and i like U2's version most:woot:

its grossly disturbing how blasphemous that is. like, seriously....

I Think We're Alone
Crystal Blue Persuasion (my personal favorite)
Mony Mony (though Billy Idol's version blows it out of the water)
Hanky Panky
Mirage
Gettin' Together
Draggin' The Line (Tommy James solo number)
Ball Of Fire
Sweet Cherry Wine
Three Times In Love (Tommy James solo number)
oh wow, i didnt know they did all those other songs. im gonna have to look into them more. i've always loved crimson and clover and i think we're alone.

My favorite classic rockers:

Jimmi Hendrix
Janice Joplin
Led Zeppelin
Pinl Floyd
Heart
old skoool Van Halen
Blue Oyster Cult
Rush
The Eagles
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Black Sabbath
Neal Young
Fleetwood Mac
Steve Miller
Mamma's and the Pappa's

sighh what happened to good music?
BTW, can you consider 80's and 90's stuff classic rock? I thaught classic was 60's-early 80's?

by the way, one of the greatest, yet often overlooked, rock bands of all time:

mc5.jpg

clover287.jpg

We already had one of these. Still, classic rock is an essential in my life along with food and drink. I only put God and my loved ones ahead of classic rock. It is the best music to ever exist.

And Zeppelin owns all.

What's your favorite song by Zeppelin? I'm partial to When the Levee Breaks. My introduction to the band was The Immigrant Song.

Black Sabbath's great. I like their mix of horror-oriented songs such as Black Sabbath, and their political minded ones like War Pigs, Children of the Grave. Oh, and let's not forget Iron Man. :up:

I'm partial to The Wall and Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

I'm all about Queen. :up:

Here is my complete list of favorite classic rock artists / bands. The first 10 or so in order, the rest is just random.

David Bowie
The Animals

Have you heard of Patrick Wolf. He is very much like a modern dayu version of bowie.

I used to work with a women who's dad was in The Animals. I can't remember which one he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"