Classic Rock Appreciation Thread

What's your favorite song by Zeppelin? I'm partial to When the Levee Breaks. My introduction to the band was The Immigrant Song.

Black Sabbath's great. I like their mix of horror-oriented songs such as Black Sabbath, and their political minded ones like War Pigs, Children of the Grave. Oh, and let's not forget Iron Man. :up:

I'm partial to The Wall and Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

My favorite Zep tune's "Kashmir". Best riff ever.

Sabbath are great. "Paranoid" is just awesome.

I saw Roger Waters last week. He was amazing. He did all of Dark Side Of The Moon and a good portion of The Wall.

Also, did anybody get Paul McCartney's new album? If you haven't, it is a MUST. You will not hear a better album this year.

My favorite Led Zeppelin song is "Over the Hills and Far Away".

Anyone who can't appreciate the genius of Pet Sounds is insane. I mean, Brian Wilson is a genius.

I can appreciate it for what other people see in it, but I hate it. I don't deny Wilson's talent though.

At least you appreciate it. I can respect you now.

It's really their earlier stuff that makes me gag. Because of that, I've honestly never given them a decent listen, and won't to this day upon principle.

It's really their earlier stuff that makes me gag. Because of that, I've honestly never given them a decent listen, and won't to this day upon principle.

You're missing out. Ignore the "surf songs" and check out everything from Pet Sounds to Holland. Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

I've gotten this far without it. I think I'll be okay. :cwink:

But really, it's just ignorant to base your opinion on a band that's been as influential as The Beach Boys on one phase of their career. What if people today based The Beatles solely off of "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and "She Loves You"? Or Elton John off his Disney ****?

But really, it's just ignorant to base your opinion on a band that's been as influential as The Beach Boys on one phase of their career. What if people today based The Beatles solely off of "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and "She Loves You"? Or Elton John off his Disney ****?

Then it would still be great? The Beatles have always been good. Same with Elton John.

My point was the I just don't care. I sure I'm missing out, but really, who isn't? Everyone's missing out on something.

The Animals are a great band and so are Saxon, Diamond Head, Bad Company, Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult and of course Black Sabbath are some of the great classic bands.

Here's my top ten again. It's changed since the last time I posted it.

1. The Who
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Eric Clapton (Cream, Derek and the Dominos, Blind Faith)
4. Deep Purple
5. Pink Floyd
6. Rush
7. The Rolling Stones
8. The Beatles
9. Queen
10. The Eagles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"