Clea casting

Discussion in 'Doctor Strange Sequels' started by Tg11, May 20, 2017.

1. Albright

Albright Registered

I don‘t find her attractive and she‘s almost 10 years older than Cumberbatch.

#51 Albright, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  2. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

That’s fine but there should be more to the character than just attractive. I mean people find captain America attractive but we wouldn’t accept just anyone for the role or if he did nothing but look attractive

THORin likes this.
  3. Albright

Albright Registered

yeah but then again there will be imax poster of 10m height. and you don‘t sell a movie at this stake with a female love interest that is 50 years old unless it’s angelina jolie or charlize theron.
    i can see oh playing a great umar.

Since Disney is known to swap actors/actresses around their franchises I can see the actress playing the live action Mulan next year being Clea, if rumors are true, that they‘re going for an (then famous) asian actress
    Or of course Naomi Scott from Aladdin

#53 Albright, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  4. Speed Force

Speed Force Goober

Naomi Scott isn't Asian

5. Albright

Albright Registered

of course she is:
    her mother is from india

6. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Remember when people said superhero movies starring women definitely wouldn’t make a billion dollars? But I’m not responding anymore because honestly my blood pressure is spiking every time I follow up

THORin likes this.
  7. THORin

THORin Farewell to Agents of SHIELD...

Okay, Sandra Oh would be a fantastic Clea. I don't know how there could be any question about that. It's about time that "older" actresses started getting roles that are traditionally viewed as being appropriate for younger actresses. Besides that, Benedict and Sandra would have awesome chemistry - we don't want some creepy age-difference between him and some twenty-year old.

Silvermoth likes this.
  8. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I'll just come out and say it... Never like Oh all that much. Feel she's drastically overrated. Not that Clea requires some great thespian but... Oh has never resonated with me in anything I've seen her in.

If they are going with an actress of Asian descent and if we don't want to go with too much of an age difference between Strange and Clea (Remembering that Cumby is himself only 42) here would be where I would start with some known talent.

Dichen Lachman... Age 37.

[​IMG]

Reshma Shetty... Age 41

[​IMG]

Lucy Liu... Age 50

[​IMG]

Freida Pinto... Age 34

[​IMG]

9. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Moving on, I wonder how they can make her silver hair work on screen? Maybe something like this?

[​IMG]

And of course if it’s set in the 1980s they should give her a variation of the Sarah Conner look from the first Terminator movie lol

[​IMG]

10. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Moving on from casting? The reason for the thread?

Is this being set in the 80's? Honest question.

11. THORin

THORin Farewell to Agents of SHIELD...

There were some rumors going around that parts of the movie would be flashbacks set in the 80s.

12. BarryAllen

BarryAllen ey b0ss

Reshma Shetty or Freida Pinto would be good choices

13. Albright

Albright Registered

Oh Freida Pinto is great, but she hasn‘t had a big movie in years.
    Don‘t know if that’s enough for Marvel since they cast mostly hyped but also talented people for their movies. My guess right now is the actress of the new Mulan movie from Disney Liu Yifei

14. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I think an interesting way to do Clea would be as a "spirit" or entity from the astral plane who either possesses or somehow fuses with Dr. Christine Palmer. In other words, played by Rachel Mcadams. This would keep both characters interesting by giving McAdams more to do, not letting Palmer fall by the wayside (the way Jane Foster did) and giving casual fans a reason to get on board with Clea as a character.

15. MbJ

MbJ Registered

Crazy thought: Constance Wu, if the reports of Marvel wanting an Asian actress are true? She has a pre-existing relationship with Disney since she stars in a show on ABC, and I know we've seen that sort of promotion from within before.