Cliff B. leaves Epic Games

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by terry78, Oct 4, 2012.

1. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

2. zenith16 Registered

hmm yeah but not for the reason you may think. you should look in the Gaming lounge

Last Page) soapy put up something interesting there on why cliffy may have left.

3. TheVileOne Registered

Nature of the business. Nothing lasts forever. Guys get complacent sometimes and want a change of scenery.

4. Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

It's actually common for there to be a lot of gaming industry relocation just before a new console hits. A lot of people are theorizing Cliff Bleszinski is taking a break before he will either assume a new role in one of the new consoles or return to Epic for whatever launch projects are in the works.

Wouldn't surprise me. If the dude wants to take some time off to enjoy the fruits of his hard work, best to do it before a major console change up comes along.

Someone as passionate and creatively driven as Cliffy B won't be on the sidelines for long, I imagine.

5. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Square-Enix and Capcom hire Cliffy B. Those two are the ones who have been hit the hardest under Japan's unwillingness to change in the video game industry.

6. zenith16 Registered

Yeah they have. very true. but I also suspect he's start with Kojima productions first and work his way to those other two. with what he stated before he left and him being chummy with Kojama him self it makes sense he'd start off from there.