Clothing store named "Hitler" raises ire in India

The article says the owner would change it if he was compensated $2700 for the name change on business cards, logos, hoarding, etc. I wonder what he'll say when he goes out of business? :o

Watch him change the name:

'Welcome to the grand re-opening of Stalin!'

Watch him change the name:

'Welcome to the grand re-opening of Stalin!'

I can see this guy heading an entire conglomerate of stores one day.

Pol Pot's Cookware

Khaddaffy's Taffy

Charles Manson's House of Knives

The Polansky Teen Modelling Agency

Pol Pot's Cookware

Khaddaffy's Taffy

Ha! Nice! :awesome:

But seriously, how could the guy *claim* to not know who Hitler was when he uses a swastika symbol over the "i" in the name? How does someone do that and know *nothing* about it???? :huh:

As someone who's sadly forced to watch bollywood tv shows , i can say this:
There is a TV SITCOM titled Hitler Didi

Didi is hindi for sister...

To this day it baffles me why the named the show Hitler Didi when there isn't any talk about Hitler.
Except in this case he said Hitler was his grandfather nickname because he was very strict yet the dot on the i in Hitler is a swastika which implies he must have known that the Nazis version of the swastika is linked with Hitler.

I don't buy for one second this guy had no idea who Hitler was.

Pol Pot's Cookware

Khaddaffy's Taffy

And just like that, I can no longer make the Pol Pot joke I had in my back pocket.

And just like that, I can no longer make the Pol Pot joke I had in my back pocket.

It's okay, I was thinking about putting Ted Bundy on that list, but couldn't think of a joke for that. I pass the ball to you.

Can the swastika be trademarked?

I'm not sure whether to laugh at this, or stare in wide eyed confusion.

wasnt that technically a Hindu symbol to begin with?

Yeah, and a couple other religions in the Dharmic family, I think. The Nazis ruin everything. They ruined the swastika, the Charlie Chaplin mustache, the lives of millions of people...

Yeah, and a couple other religions in the Dharmic family, I think. The Nazis ruin everything. They ruined the swastika, the Charlie Chaplin mustache, the lives of millions of people...

They also ruined that great sense of humor the Germans are known for.

wasnt that technically a Hindu symbol to begin with?

It was, however most of the Hindu ones I've seen had 4 dots that circle the "arms". This guy's symbol does not have that. Also, he chose to use the 'rotated' swastika, which is directly related to Nazis.

"It was only when the store opened I learnt Hitler had killed six million people."

1) A terrible business man due to the lack of research
2) I call BS, he knew and was just doing this for attention

Hope the place catches fire.

The row evoked memories of a controversy six years ago when a Mumbai restaurant owner called his cafe "Hitler's Cross" and put a swastika on the hoarding, claiming Hitler was a "catchy" name.

The restaurant owner eventually agreed to change the name after protests by the Israeli embassy, Germany and the US Anti-Defamation League.

I'm guessing this guy is NOT going to recoup any of his costs. LOL!

Pol Pot's Cookware

Khaddaffy's Taffy

Jeffrey Dahmer's all-you-can-eat BBQ

1) A terrible business man due to the lack of research
2) I call BS, he knew and was just doing this for attention

Hope the place catches fire.

India is still rife with religious bigotry against any religion that isn't Hindu. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised that he keeps the name and the store becomes popular. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"