CM Punk Should Be Arrested for Impersonating the Wrestling Thread - Part 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've really lost track, I didn't realize this was the go home show for the Rumble. It doesn't sound very good and I just can't find a way to care about Punk vs Dwayne.

Everyone knows Paul Heyman is behind the Shield, but CM Punk is not. Eventually, Heyman will turn on Punk, and the Shield will be his weapon.

This would entice me to tune in again.

The response for Del Rio didn't seem to be as big tonight.

Because it's live and they can't pump in a big response like they do on SD.

1990 Vs. 1991 - Hogan won both. Which was better?

1998 Vs. 2001 - Austin won both. Which was better?

2005 through 2012. What was the best Royal Rumble match?

1990 because it has the showdown with Warrior.

2001 is one of the best Rumble's ever.

2007, the last 12 minutes between HBK and Taker was glorious.

I wonder if we'll ever have another wrestler within this decade that goes into a Royal Rumble and wins it without ever having won a world title, and goes on to actually Main Event Wrestlemania (meaning his match is the last) and has that "first world title victory" on the big stage.

I feel like we've been robbed of those moments ever since Money in the Bank came about.

I feel the same, sadly with Vince's obsession with nostalgia acts I doubt anything will change anytime soon.

For those that do not like The Rock in the WWE right now, name some positives about him, I'll start:

- He's going back to doing action films, which he should have never left in the first place.
- The Rock seems to be a very cool guy in real life. From all accounts, he is a great dad, an excellent son (tweeted a pic of him giving his mother a new car) and gets along great with his ex (which is very rare in Hollywood these days).

I hate the way he's been booked in the WWE, but I like him as a person. It should not be personal when talking about the Rock. The way he's been booked has been awful, but not completely his fault (although he should get some of the blame) and that's what we should talk about. Hell, not ashamed to admit that I liked his last few movies.

We should talk about the way The Rock has been booked in WWE, not attack him personally. It's not like he's an Al Qaeda terrorist.

(Waits to be ripped apart to shreds)

The Rock is a very likable guy. He was always my Uncle's favorite and he only watches now when the Rock is on WWE. He's one of my all time favorite too. He's magnificent with his Mic skills (not so much lately but attitude era gave him more freedom), and he's one of the most athletic and versatile wrestlers in WWE history.

The surprise entrants are:

Ron Simmons
Brutus Beefcake
Honky Tonk Man
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Tony Hawk

so any word on surprise entrants in the rumble this year

It might be a good time to bring back some of the more experienced workers who have left in recent years, that the WWE needs back (as we heard a couple of pages ago). Like maybe MVP, Chris Masters or John Morrison can make their returns via The Rumble.

so any word on surprise entrants in the rumble this year

- Chris Jericho (maybe)
- Christian
- Mark Henry
- Sin Cara
- Jack Swagger (unfortunately)
- MVP (maybe)
- Shelton Benjamin (maybe)
- John Morrison (maybe)
- Rey Mysterio (maybe, although recent rumors report he's not going to be back at the Rumble)
- Undertaker (maybe)

I'd love to see some Shelly Benj or MVP back in the mix of things. Where has Christian been btw?

The surprise entrants are:

Ron Simmons
Brutus Beefcake
Honky Tonk Man
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Tony Hawk

I like his chances.

I wonder if we'll ever have another wrestler within this decade that goes into a Royal Rumble and wins it without ever having won a world title, and goes on to actually Main Event Wrestlemania (meaning his match is the last) and has that "first world title victory" on the big stage.

I feel like we've been robbed of those moments ever since Money in the Bank came about.

Part of me wants Ziggler to win the rumble. I like the Rock , but his return throws a wrench into plans to elevate new "superstars". That's all I have to say bad about it. I was happy we got Rock vs Cena last year , but the rematch leaves me indifferent. How can I care either way. Rock vs Cena has been played out already.

- Chris Jericho (maybe)
- Christian
- Mark Henry
- Sin Cara
- Jack Swagger (unfortunately)
- MVP (maybe)
- Shelton Benjamin (maybe)
- John Morrison (maybe)
- Rey Mysterio (maybe, although recent rumors report he's not going to be back at the Rumble)
- Undertaker (maybe)

I think seven spots are open.

mine are:

The New Age Outlaws.
Bob Backlund
John Morrison
Mick Foley
Sin Cara
Christian

It would be kind of awesome if Jericho ran out and attacked Ziggler.

it is kinda sad that john cena's return is usually considered the best surprise in the rumbles run

Last edited:
My gueeses for the surprise entrants

Christian
Bob Backlund
Brock Lesnar
Triple H (who will eliminate Brock and then dominate their match at mania :o :()
John Morrison
Brad Maddox
Taker (If he is to be at mania they have to start the build up sometime)

My guesses:

Christian
Mark Henry (somebody gon' get they ass kicked!)
Undertaker
Sin Cara
Road Dogg
Billy Gunn (ass man theme, fights Ziggler)
Shelton Benjamin

i know they get actors/development guys to play the security/police but i really hate how wwe always seem to make the local police look like idiots

ok raw, typical bs from cena....
shield beatdown on the rock and punk's promos were excellent

ESPN.com has updated its WWE Power Rankings for this week and the following are the top 5 with the parenthetical number being last week's ranking:

1. CM Punk (1)
2. Dolph Ziggler (3)
3. The Shield (9)
4. Alberto Del Rio (4)
5. The Rock (2)

John Cena ranked at #10 this week after taking the #5 spot last week. ESPN noted the following about Cena's promo from Raw last night:

This man used to be money on the mic, but his promo on Raw was seriously one of the most ridiculous, time-wasting experiences I've sat through in years. Curious to know whether his writers are really this out of touch, or if Cena actually thinks he's being funny.

I honestly don't know what to think...either Cena is trying to sound so PG that it becomes embarrassing for him or he thinks his jolly promos actually gets him over with anyone over the age of ten.

Ruthless Aggression Cena was way, way, way more enjoyable.

I honestly don't know what to think...either Cena is trying to sound so PG that it becomes embarrassing for him or he thinks his jolly promos actually gets him over with anyone over the age of ten.

Ruthless Aggression Cena was way, way, way more enjoyable.

Even the kids under ten probably find the Rocks stuff more enjoyable to Cenas and they are doing practially the same act.

Surprise Entrants I'd love to see:

Stone Cold
The Undertaker
Christian
Triple H
John Morrison
Brock Lesnar
Chris Jericho

Anybody have a list of who is already entered the RR?

Surprise Entrants I'd love to see:

Stone Cold
The Undertaker
Christian
Triple H
John Morrison
Brock Lesnar
Chris Jericho

Anybody have a list of who is already entered the RR?

- Dolph Ziggler (Entering at #1 or #2)
- John Cena
- Randy Orton
- Ryback
- Sheamus
- Antonio Cesaro
- Wade Barrett
- Kane
- Daniel Bryan
- The Miz
- Cody Rhodes
- Damien Sandow
- Darren Young
- Titus O’Neil
- Heath Slater
- Jinder Mahal
- Drew McIntyre
- Kofi Kingston
- Brodus Clay
- The Great Khali
- Jimmy Uso
- Jey Uso
- Michael McGillicutty

Based off of what’s been rumored and what could possibly happen, this is half my prediction and half the card I’d be most likely to buy and the reasoning behind each. Figured it made sense to post it before Royal Rumble.

WWE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Punk(champion) vs. The Rock

The role of champion could really be reversed, I just don’t think they’ll take it off Punk and in two months have him go into it an even bigger underdog against Rock than he is now. Best case scenario for a rematch...

Punk retains at Royal Rumble and the Wrestlemania re-match has a special referee.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Dolph Ziggler(champion) vs. Cena

This is contingent upon Ziggler cashing in on Del Rio and Cena winning the Royal Rumble which both look like very good possibilities.

HANDICAP MATCH FOR ‘THE STREAK’
Undertaker vs. The Shield

‘The Streak’ has to end sometime and it seems to me the best way is to put Undertaker against an opponent he can’t beat.

RETIREMENT MATCH
Triple H vs. Lesnar

How could they both co-exist after a second match?

U.S. CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Caesaro(champion) vs. Clay

You could flip-flop Clay and Ryback out of the I.C. and U.S. championship matches and it wouldn’t make a difference. The only other options were Kingston and R-Truth going after those titles, again.

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Barrett(champion) vs. Ryback

I think Ryback gets gold at ‘Mania, I.C. or U.S. title but I think they’d rather have Caesaro hold the U.S. title longer.

FORMER CHAMPIONS M.I.T.B. LADDER MATCH
Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Del Rio vs. Big Show vs. Miz vs. Henry vs. Swagger vs. Christian

This or a bunch of grudge matches. If one didn’t want the former champs stipulation they could likely swap out guys who haven’t been seen in awhile with the likes of Kingston , Truth, and even Santino.

TAG TEAM TURMOIL MATCH FOR CHAMPIONSHIP
Team Hell No!(champions) vs. Rhodes Scholars vs. Young & O’Neil vs. The Uso’s

This or a TLC match could make an otherwise unappealing tag team championship match have some appeal.

WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Kaitlyn(champion) vs. Tamina

I though it might be A.J. but I don’t think they’ll have her doing this and having a part in the heavyweight championhip match.

GIMMICK MATCH
Three Man Band vs. Khali, Natalya, & Hornswaggle

This is what it’s all about, it’s what RAW and Smackdown have really been building towards for 6-months.

MASK VS MASK MATCH
Mysterio vs. Cara

Looked like a shoo-in a couple months ago, now... both are M.I.A. again.

None of that will likely happen but it could, couldn’t it? And it is half way decent.

So whover said 7 spots were left was right

so my so

Hornswaggle
Zack Ryder (I'm certain he will be in)
Curt Hawkins
Ricardo
Leo Kruger
Tony Chimmel
Justin Gabriel

obviously I'm joking on some but at leats three of the above have a good shot tp be in the match ZR, JG, and Swaggle :(

They should make AJ even more crazy and she ends up being in the Royal Rumble match just because she doesn't give a ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"