Co worker wants to get into roadrunner hunting and says he will train me

braincrusher

More than meets my eye
Reaction score
I am not much of a hunter. I readily admit this fact, but I have been approached with a proposition that has my ear. My co worker has a place down south west and apparently it is overrun with these birds. He approached me about flying out there and helping to hunt them down. It will be during a holiday weekend and he will pay for whatever I need to get the birds. He claims that if things go well we can eat all the road runner we want and still have plenty for our meat lockers and to pan fry. When asked how we get these things, he kind of smiled and handed me a weapons book. The book had everything inside from Stallone Cobra knife to basic snares and guns. I told him I like using my fists and he said ok but they are quick and dirty so I may use a snare. The way he described the hunt it would be easy. He said they like carrots so we will use those to draw them out then deal with them as we see fit. Should I know more heading into this? Have any of you guys ever caught these things?

Ok, someone's gonna do it so it might as well be me.

Is this your friend? Did the weapons book say ACME?
giphy.gif

I would say to watch out for cliffs. You’ll often find yourself going over one mid-chase. It will still feel like the ground is directly beneath you, but you’ll find that is not truly the case. There will be nothing beneath you, as you will have gone over a cliff.

Ah, braincrusher is back..

I told him I like using my fists and he said ok but they are quick and dirty so I may use a snare. The way he described the hunt it would be easy.
Yep.....when I think of killing birds the first thing that comes to mind is punching them to death.
Yzgg2El.gif

The legend has returned, and smaller than before.

My only tip is to avoid using firecrackers, they never bode well for roadrunner hunters.
Porgs will be easier to hunt.

I apologize for my aggressive actions. I need to control my emotions better. These birds feed on negativity. I can sense their anger. They use quick twitch speed to outrun us and also their guile. No biggie we will hunt them

I say hand protection is key. You don't want to miss and end up punching the ground or a rock full force.

Remember to karate chop the Road Runner, instead of fist punching it.

A few years from now, someone will dig this thread up and tweet what a bunch of monsters we are for encouraging the hunting of an "endangered" specie of wild life for entertainment, and how much we joke about it.

People will react with "WWAAAAHHHH, THE MONSTERS", and tweets will be mentioned of how inhumane we are. Our posts may even appear on Fox News, and the Onion to discredit us all.

"The biggest monster is that guy with an animoo avatar, he lieks all posts here."

Vicious. I bet that poor snake was minding his own business too. I noticed that this fiend doesn't even blink.No wonder my co worker wants them gone. But I am wary of a trap

I would suggest not taking any form of identification with you. Should you fall at claws and beaks of these soulless killers you don't want them to be able to find out who you are and thus menace your loved ones and friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"