The Winter Soldier Cobie Smulders IS Maria Hill

Maria Hill was in this movie?

Yeah, she brought, Cap, Widow & Falcon to see Fury, not to mention she was there in the control tower helping Cap & Falcon while also observing there progress as they changed the chips for the insight helicarriers

And she was there in the hospital when Fury 'died'. Plus Fury called her from his car just before his wild ride in the bulletproof SUV.

She guned down three HYdRA agents without even a look of concern.

Marvel doesn't seem to know what to do with Hill as a character in the MCU thus far, which is a shame. SHe's sort of just there for action beats. They just really haven't developed her at all. I wonder if perhaps it has to do with the actress's availability as she's growing more popular. I would have expected to see her as a semi-regular on AGENTS OF SHIELD, at the very least.

I guess its possible that Hill could take over a new version of SHIELD in Phase 3, but nothing shown about her character thus far really indicates she has that kind of potential. And I don't see them trying to spotlight her much at all, whereas new characters like Sharon Carter, The Falcon, etc, have been given more room to grow.

Marvel doesn't seem to know what to do with Hill as a character, which is a shame. They just really haven't developed her at all. I wonder if it has to do with the actress's availability as she's growing more popular. I would have expected to see her as a semi-regular on AGENTS OF SHIELD, at the very least.

I guess its possible she could take over a new version of SHIELD in Phase 3, but nothing shown about her character thus far really indicates she has that kind of potential.

They couldn't use Hill in AoS due to the actress being busy with How I Met Your Mother. We know she'll be appearing in one of the next episodes, now that the show is over.

I think since Hill is over at Stark Industries, I can see her taking care of the day-to-day operations over at Avengers Tower. However, I don't know if Cobie will appear in AOU since I haven't read any confirmation yet. Does anyone know?

I think since Hill is over at Stark Industries, I can see her taking care of the day-to-day operations over at Avengers Tower. However, I don't know if Cobie will appear in AOU since I haven't read any confirmation yet. Does anyone know?

Yes it's been confirmed that she is part of the cast. You can even check her IMDB it says currently filming AOU: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1130627/

I thought Maria Hill was actually likeable in this. I hate her 99% of the time in see her in the comics and movies. I see her embodying everything that's wrong with SHIELD. Though arguably, that's kinda the point.

Thought she was great in the film. Considering everyone and everything n the film, have no issues about how much she got to do; you've only got so much time in a film.

Shooting those Hydra agents so nonchalantly was genius.
I may just have preferred her to show a little more... I dunno.. suspicion towards superheroes/Avengers stuff to keep that element from her comic character. That she agreed with them 'this time' but more so because of Fury's orders than blind faith in Superheroes.

I think Maria works better (and i like her more) as a character who will always call Fury out, but will still support him.

i need more Maria Hill in my life. She so great every time she shows up in the MCU, this being her best appearance yet.

Thought she was great in the film. Considering everyone and everything n the film, have no issues about how much she got to do; you've only got so much time in a film.

Shooting those Hydra agents so nonchalantly was genius.
I may just have preferred her to show a little more... I dunno.. suspicion towards superheroes/Avengers stuff to keep that element from her comic character. That she agreed with them 'this time' but more so because of Fury's orders than blind faith in Superheroes.

she's not really in a position to judge after being given reason to doubt her own organization. I'm sure that she'll become more antagonistic post Age of Ultron.

As someone who wasn't the biggest fan of her in The Avengers, I really loved her in TWS! Maybe I just warmed up to her over time I don't know, but really looking forward to seeing more of the character in the future.

I wonder if she will become more of a regular in AoS next season.

I wonder if she will become more of a regular in AoS next season.

I genuinely hope so.
Smulders obviously has a great rapport with television, and Hill could get a lot more development on TV than in the movies. Plus, Cobie would bring some certified celeb power to the TV show.

I think she's outright said she intends to appear more on AoS in the future. So, I think its highly likely she'll be major supporting cast in season 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"