Cobra Kai - (The Karate Kid Spin-Off)

Wow, this show is so good. It brings me back to the 80s. I really hope there is a season 3 after the crazy things that happened in the last episode.

I really love the way they portray Johnny and Daniel. While Johnny is flawed he is still trying to be a good guy. Daniel really annoys me when he flies off the handle and says hurtful things. It tells me that he really hasn't learned Mr. Miyagi's lessons but on the other hand Johnny is growing into Mr. Miyagi's philosophy of life.

My hope for season 3 is further growth of both men and working together for themselves and the kids.

I didn't mind the GOT references but they did seem forced.

They upped the 80' feel over 9000 :) Even the kids cloths are 80, Johnny is ( too much ) out of time like he's still stuck in the era of the first movie.
I do wonder if teenagers can be interested in this show with all the cool stuff being cool mostly in the 80, the karate, punk kid and yeah mostly karate. :)

Edit : the songs choices are nice.

Last edited:
How sad yet hilarious and ironic the ending of episode 6.

Hashbrown#Bodybag

Yeahhhhh:(

I need season 3 ASAP and I hope Johnny can have a somewhat happy ending with Ali or something. He deserves it.

Right and have to wait for a year for season 3 :'( I want Johnny to be with Carmen than Alli actually :D

Right and have to wait for a year for season 3 :'( I want Johnny to be with Carmen than Alli actually :D

I’d be fine with that too, actually. Johnny ending up being the father to his son and father figure to Miguel would be a very satisfying ending for his character in this franchise.

Season 2 was quite up and down for me, but entertaining overall. Johnny's arc continues to be the most compelling aspect of the show, and the best scenes are those between Johnny & LaRusso (e.g. at the restaurant).

The large fight in the school was over-the-top and ridiculous.

This was nowhere near as solid & compact as season one, but still good enough to keep me interested for the next season.

Last edited:
Season 3 was officially announced. Such great news.

About to watch the finale for S2. This season felt fillerish like it was setting up everything for the next season. This season has not been bad, but I preferred the 1st season. Tory was just there as a love triangle character. Robbie is also that but has his own story. Waiting for Hawk to just not be a d-bag.

Big plus for me though that the La Russo son was in like 1 episode. That kid is so annoying.

I just finished season 2 and dammit I want season 3 right now.

I got a little sick of them shoving Robbie down our throats and it was a little heavy handed with Daniel’s school. The name of the show is Cobra Kai not Miyagi Do. They could’ve gave Miguel more material and screentime.

Over the top or not but that fight in the school was crazy good. They tried the long take like a Daredevil fight.

Finally finished Season 2 and all I got to say is that was one hell of an ending. As ridiculous as that school fight was I loved every second of it lol. I knew there would be some serious consequences once it started and as sad it was I'm still somewhat glad I was right. Makes me even more excited for Season 3 and what they are going to do with Cobra Kai now that Kreese is in control. I get the feeling I know where its going, but that hasn't dampend my enthusiasm one bit. Johnny really got put through the ringer this season and all I want to see now is the dude get a happy ending. I really hope they are able to get Elizabeth Shue back for the next season.

This show continues to defy my expectations for it. Really entertaining. I agree, Johnny's story continues to be the main draw for me, but I also enjoyed the evolution of the kid's characters, too.

I think season 1 was certainly better, but season 2 was still really good. I'm beyond ready for season 3, especially with that cliffhanger.

I feel bad for Robby and I'm curious to see how Miguel comes out of this. I have a feeling he'll really show "No mercy" now.

Hawk needs a redemption arc. What a jerk he is

I think season 1 was certainly better, but season 2 was still really good. I'm beyond ready for season 3, especially with that cliffhanger.

I feel bad for Robby and I'm curious to see how Miguel comes out of this. I have a feeling he'll really show "No mercy" now.

Hawk needs a redemption arc. What a jerk he is
I enjoyed both seasons about the same, and I am right there with you about wanting season 3 sooner than later.

I suspect any redemption for Hawk is going to be a hard road indeed.

So this show is just going to ignore 2 and 3? Outside of "Glory of Love" by Peter Cetera, might as well ignore the sequels.

The ice blocks were brought out as a tease before they melted.

So this show is just going to ignore 2 and 3? Outside of "Glory of Love" by Peter Cetera, might as well ignore the sequels.
They acknowledged the third one this season

They also had Daniel visiting Okinawa references in Season 1.

Well, it did not ignore the second movie. It did have the handheld drum Miyagi used to train Dan in the second movie show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"