Cobra Kai - (The Karate Kid Spin-Off)

I hope it happens. I think it will, especially with the way this season ended. But I don’t want to see her get together with Johnny. I know he’s a changed man now and it’s great seeing his character growth, but it would almost feel like it undoes the end of the first film. He doesn’t deserve her.

What do you mean by "get together"? A one night stand, or extra-marital affair? Because the likelihood of her leaving her husband for Johnny is very low I'd say, lol. If they want to keep even a bit of believability about the show, anyway.

Last edited:
One has to wonder why she sent Johnny a friend request on Facebook. She didn't have to. He just messaged her but didn't actually ask to be Facebook friends. If anything, you would've thought he might've sent her a friend request rather than the other way round. And she might potentially wonder why he's sending her that after all these years when they didn't exactly part on amiable terms. The fact she sent one instead does possibly suggest things might not be completely great between her and her husband, Mr Schwarber.

Not an announcement but just someone discussing a theory about Ali Mills Schwarber returning for Season 3.

Also a hint that Terry Silver might be coming back:

Last edited:
Right, but is she “happily” married?

That's why I asked Deck Rickard what he meant by "get together". I've had a few married chicks that wanted to screw if I would've been willing, but they weren't trying to be in a long term relationship or leave their husbands.

One has to wonder why she sent Johnny a friend request on Facebook. She didn't have to. He just messaged her but didn't actually ask to be Facebook friends. If anything, you would've thought he might've sent her a friend request rather than the other way round. And she might potentially wonder why he's sending her that after all these years when they didn't exactly part on amiable terms. The fact she sent one instead does possibly suggest things might not be completely great between her and her husband, Mr Schwarber.

Sounds like you're reading a lot into a friend request. I have a couple "friends" on facebook who are people I barely knew in high school (not to mention the vast majority of my facebook "friends" being total strangers; being indie comic creators is what we share in common). Johnny and Ali have history, not all of it bad presumably. The message he accidentally sent said something about "connecting one day". It's not unreasonable that the connection she wants is a facebook "friendship". They parted on bad terms but they were children and it was decades ago. No reason to assume she's holding the same long term grudge that Johnny & Danny do.

Having said all that it is very possible the writers will go a more sensational route with any future Johnny and Ali interactions. It is a tv show, after all.

That's why I asked Deck Rickard what he meant by "get together". I've had a few married chicks that wanted to screw if I would've been willing, but they weren't trying to be in a long term relationship or leave their husbands.

Sounds like you're reading a lot into a friend request. I have a couple "friends" on facebook who are people I barely knew in high school (not to mention the vast majority of my facebook "friends" being total strangers; being indie comic creators is what we share in common). Johnny and Ali have history, not all of it bad presumably. The message he accidentally sent said something about "connecting one day". It's not unreasonable that the connection she wants is a facebook "friendship". They parted on bad terms but they were children and it was decades ago. No reason to assume she's holding the same long term grudge that Johnny & Danny do.

Having said all that it is very possible the writers will go a more sensational route with any future Johnny and Ali interactions. It is a tv show, after all.

If it were people who barely knew each other in school, that's quite a different matter to getting a friend request from an ex, especially if they did part on bad terms. But not only did they part on bad terms, but Johnny was abusive towards another of Ali's exes (ie Danny) and bullied him. I can understand a situation like yours. I have some friends on Facebook whom I barely knew from other situations, but never anyone whom I was on bad terms with. I couldn't imagine Johnny and Danny becoming Facebook friends, for instance.

That said, the fact that she has sent him a friend request (and not Johnny sent her one) suggests that maybe she has forgiven him and doesn't hold a grudge as you say.

The writers have leeway. It kind of depends how many episodes Elisabeth Shue agrees to do. She may only want to come in for a day or two work. Although she’s not working as much as she was in the 80s/90s, she’s still the most “in demand” actor out of the cast, co-starring in a Tom Hanks movie next year. So depending on that, Ali may be a glorified cameo or someone who appears the entire season.

On the flip side, I’m sure the actor who played Terry Silver is very much available for the entire season.

Johnny is all about maturing and I really do want to reconcile with Carmen. And Johnny to persuade Robbie to confront Miguel to sort their differences. I really think that Kreese is actually senile and only thinking about war that gets him living. Needs to see Terry Silver and Mike Barnes in season 3 for the ownership battle for Cobra Kai dojo.

Was he the one who died in that episode in Season 2?

‘Cobra Kai’ Closing In On Deal At New Streaming Home With YouTube Poised To Release Hit Series Ahead Of Season 3 – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: YouTube’s flagship scripted series Cobra Kai will be moving to a new streaming platform for its upcoming third season. The Google-owned online video service is in the process of releasing Season 3 of the popular show to producing studio Sony Pictures TV amid a retreat from premium original scripted programming.

Sony TV
had taken Cobra Kai out, with all major streamers expressing interest, sources said. I hear the field of suitors has been narrowed down, with Netflix and Hulu leading the short list of contenders for the Karate Kid sequel series, starring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka.

Noone would comment but I hear that, along with exclusive rights to Season 3 ofCobra Kai, the new outlet will have access on a non-exclusive basis to the first two seasons of the show for fans to catch up. That has been part of the negotiation with YouTube, which had ownership in and exclusive global rights to the first two seasons under the original license agreement with Sony TV.

Questions about the longterm future of Cobra Kai on YouTube arose when the company in late 2018 signaled a strategic shift from a SVOD to AVOD model and away from original scripted programming to double down on unscripted fare. Indeed, every YouTube scripted original to air since then has been canceled except for Cobra Kai and Liza on Demand, starring popular YouTube personality Liza Koshy, which have been renewed for additional seasons.

On the heels of a record-setting Season 2 premiere of Cobra Kai, YouTube in April 2019 ordered a third season. I hear YouTube remained committed to airing the completed third season but notified its Sony TV partners that they won’t be commissioning a fourth season.

Looking to secure a future for the show beyond Season 3, Sony TV asked for permission to shop the upcoming season to an outlet that, in success, would order additional seasons. Negotiations between the two sides ensued. They are nearing a successful conclusion but YouTube would not formally release the series until a new home has been secured, we hear.

So we're deprived of the already filmed season 3 until they find a new streaming dojo?

This sucks. I need to know what happens with Miguelito!

I guess this is why there is a delay. I thought it might be because of COVID-19, even though that shouldn't affect it since it was already filmed. But it's these network negotiation rights. When will it be resolved? It would've been around now that it would be coming out.

I wouldn't mind longer episodes in the future. Full 45-minute ones instead of just 20-25 minutes long. Because then it's only like half an episode, and if you double watch them to get to the standard episode length, you're already half way through the season.

I don’t get how this show didn’t have a bigger audience. YouTube is free. They showed the episodes for a limited time for free.

personally, I don’t have Netflix, so I’m hoping it hits Amazon Prime or Apple TV+

YouTube is free but the service it was on was not. Even one good series is not enough for most people to justify yet another subscription to a subpar streaming service and all YouTube Red really had with this and two or three other series that did not have near the exposure or good reviews.

The only good shows that I have seen on YouTube Red are Cobra Kai, Impulse and Origin. Now, they might have some other decent shows on there as well, but I can't tell you about them because I haven't seen them and it seems like no one else ever talks about them either. Cobra Kai is really the only show they had on there that was popular or worth a damn and honestly if that's the case than IMO you service is pretty trash honestly. I do hope Cobra Kai goes to Netflix where it can get even more exposure and possibly find an even bigger audience, but I'd also be fine with it going to Amazon Prime or Hulu or even Apple TV+.

Ryan Hansen Solves Murders was the only other YouTube series that was remotely interesting and I lost interest in season 2 and then it was cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"