Cobra Kai - (The Karate Kid Spin-Off)

I think it’s because those shows don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end in mind. They just keep going until they run out of stories to tell or their ratings drop and then get canceled.

Yeah, at least in this case they seem to have plans for six seasons ahead of time instead of them just getting renewed and the writers going "eh, we pretty much said all we need to say, but more money is good, so..." and we watch the vacant eyed actors who are already mentally checked out and just thinking of their paychecks.

For one possible storyline, while I think the fan theory that Terry Silver is Miguel's dad is most likely just silly fanfic we shouldn't take seriously, I think Miguel's sketchy dad will be a plot point. Carmen already mentioned at least twice if I recall and that he was a "bad man," so I think that's a clear signal something with that will be happening.

If he's involved in some sort of organized crime and the Teenage Karate War gets roped into it...that can very easily straddle the line between too ridiculous and amazing. If I get Miguel and Robby putting aside their differences and becoming a pair of crime fighting vigilantes I will forgive a lot though.

Yeah it's definitely hard to think of it as a straight up comedy. Most of the comedy this last season came from some of Johnny and Miguel's interactions (like the Facebook "photoshoot, coming up with the nonsensical Eagle Fang name, etc), but I can't think of much else that wasn't pretty dramatic and/or dark: Kreese's backstory and psychological manipulation/abuse of the kids, his trying to kill both Johnny and Daniel, Tory's home life, Miguel recovering, Sam's PTSD, the home invasion, Robby's entire situation, etc.

Maybe they should come up with a "Dramedy" category.

Agreed. This show certainly has funny moments but it’s definitely more of a dramedy. And… if I’m being honest here, some of the funniest moments on this show are unintentional, lol.

So we got some possible leaks for the season 4 episode titles. Remains to be seen if they are legit

1. Let's Begin
2. Respect
3. Fresh Meat
4. Perfect Time For Healing
5. Binary Brothers
6. Long Time, No See
7. Bonnie and Clyde
8. Betrayal
9. Preparation
10. Despair

"Binary Brothers" and "Betrayal" are the ones that stand out as being a bit too on the nose/simple and it's casting some doubt on the legitimacy, but I guess they could still be real. Some Hawk and Demetri focused episodes seem like a given. "Bonnie and Clyde" stands out as the most interesting and some fans are already speculating that that will be focused on the Robby/Tory dynamic and possible romance (which I'm not thrilled about, will need some convincing to buy that).

"Despair" fits since we know the season will end on a cliffhanger and Cobra Kai is more likely to win the tournament at this point since the story is far from over

So we got some possible leaks for the season 4 episode titles. Remains to be seen if they are legit

1. Let's Begin
2. Respect
3. Fresh Meat
4. Perfect Time For Healing
5. Binary Brothers
6. Long Time, No See
7. Bonnie and Clyde
8. Betrayal
9. Preparation
10. Despair

"Binary Brothers" and "Betrayal" are the ones that stand out as being a bit too on the nose/simple and it's casting some doubt on the legitimacy, but I guess they could still be real. Some Hawk and Demetri focused episodes seem like a given. "Bonnie and Clyde" stands out as the most interesting and some fans are already speculating that that will be focused on the Robby/Tory dynamic and possible romance (which I'm not thrilled about, will need some convincing to buy that).

"Despair" fits since we know the season will end on a cliffhanger and Cobra Kai is more likely to win the tournament at this point since the story is far from over

the title "Long Time No See" could easily be the reunion between Kreese and Silver

the title "Long Time No See" could easily be the reunion between Kreese and Silver

I guess one of the creators address this on Twitter and said not to put too much stock in these episode titles. So odds are these are fake unless he's downplaying things to keep spoilers hidden for a bit longer.

That's a good guess if the episode titles are real, it'd make the most sense out of all the relationships we know will be in this for sure. I expect Terry will be in this from episode 1 though. Unless this is referring to Daniel seeing him again.

Daniel is going to freak the eff out when he sees Terry (especially knowing Robby is going to be in his orbit), so I can't wait for that. Also can't wait to see Johnny's reaction to Terry's antics, this is going to be golden.

Awesome teaser, was not expecting to see this today.

- LOT of emphasis on Sam here, including her (?) running across rooftops (?!....unless that's the new girl Devon). I'm hoping to see some interactions between her and Johnny, I feel like her adopting a "strike first" mentality by leading her friends against the Cobras in the arcade was foreshadowing that Johnny will have things to teach her that she will take to. And I think the final fight at the All Valley will be between her and Robby. It'd be the most dramatic, it's Daniel and Johnny's respective kids, and the "Sam and Robby" theme got an extended version (4 minutes and 20 seconds lol) on the deluxe vinyl soundtrack from Mondo that the composers arranged in certain ways for a specific listening experience. I expect we will hear another arrangement of it this season during a big moment.

- Seeing Daniel train with Miguel is really neat. It'll be interesting to see Miguel and Hawk adapt to the Miyagi-do teachings. Hawk's head is also shaved, so I wonder when that's going to happen in the season and if it is a decision he makes himself or if the Cobras gang up on him and shave him. Also wonder if Daniel will teach any of the kids the Wheel Technique. Possibly Hawk and Demetri?

- Tory and Robby sparring. I know they only put that there to get the shippers talking. I'm dreading a romance because it's such a cliché/too neat way to resolve the Love Square of Doom, I'd rather Sam and Tory not have yet another boy to fight over and explore other avenues, and I'm biased because I'm in the minority that prefers Sam/Robby to Sam/Miguel and don't want any further roadblocks :p I think a platonic bond would be much more interesting.

- No appearances yet for the two new kids Kenny and Devon, unless that girl jumping on the roof is Devon instead of Sam. Leaked footage reveals that Kenny is most likely going to end up in Cobra Kai and be mentored by Robby. Devon being described as essentially a mini-Tory makes me hope she is mentored by Sam. It'd be a neat way for Sam to start to understand Tory and maybe empathize with her (to a point), and it would create a new layer to their dynamic that doesn't revolve around a guy. Plus since Aisha is gone, it'd give Sam another girl to talk to and maybe we can pass the Bechdel test in some of her scenes for once.

No kidding? You mean I have to watch the fourth season in order to understand the fifth? I never would have guessed!

Didn't realize it will be out at the end of the year, hopefully the kids don't look like giants yet. Expecting a fun season, show is easy to binge watch. Remember watching the 1st season on Youtube and I am not a major Karate Kid fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"