Cobra Kai - (The Karate Kid Spin-Off)

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Fallen Angel, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Here are some actors they could get back from the Next Karate Kid in addition to Hilary Swank:

Michael Cavalieri
    Michael Ironside
    Walton Goggins

They could all be villains in this series, and would be cool if they separately caused trouble for Daniel and Johnny in addition to being villains for Julie Pierce.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  2. Milkman95 Movie Extra & Actor

Not a bad idea, I think we need to see Bobby and Jimmy join in the fight, and even maybe have Dutch get out of prison to help too. We also need to see Daniel's friend Freddy come back as well!

3. Dave McFly Sexy bad ass!

I can TOTALLY see Barnes being Tory's dad

4. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Then when she leaves the door open someone can ask her "were you born in a Barnes"?

Dave McFly likes this.
  5. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Would be hilarious if they get Danny Trejo to play Miguel’s dad :funny:

6. Bary Registered

This season was good but something felt like it was off

7. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Thats actually not a bad idea… lmao

GREEN =w= DAY likes this.
  8. TheWiseGuy487 Feelin’ blue (???) (Undecided/still figuring out)

Maybe more like his granddad. He’s way too old for the dad role.

9. Dr. Evil Registered

I wonder how Hilary Swank's character would fit into the whole Karate Kid Narrative since her only connection to Daniel (right now) was Miyagi. Perhaps they met at his funeral, but I don't remember her ever being mentioned, unless Ralph Macchio said in an interview that's how they met. I did read the theory that she's Tori's mom, but Tori mentioned that her mom was on dialysis and I don't think the producers want to re-introduce Julie like that.

10. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

I actually think it would be interesting to tie Julie to Amanda's character. Julie goes to pay her respects to Mr Miyagi, runs into Daniel and Amanda at the service, lo and behold it turns out not only is she a Miyagi student like Daniel-san, but Julie and Amanda are also cousins.

Six degrees of Cobra Kai separation.

11. Dr. Evil Registered

That would work if Julie had first met Daniel at his wedding, but then they would have already found out that both were students of Miyagi at that time, assuming that Julie and Amanda were close after the events of The Next Karate Kid.

12. Isub_Zero Registered

I feel like the show getting too ridiculous. I'm also getting tired of Daniel and Johnny rivalry and the show itself. IMO the weakest season so far.

13. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

If anything, I'd say this season was much less over the top than the previous two seasons, and that's even with the return of Terry Silver, who was probably the most over the top character from the films. There were no big school brawls or breaking and entering battle royales, just traditional karate.

14. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Pascal is awesome but he’s pretty high in demand right now and has two big TV shows he’s filming (Mando and The Last of Us). So I doubt they could get him.

15. Lobo Liv is Life

I see someone along the lines of a Benjamin Bratt type being cast as Miguel's dad.

I hope they don't reveal Julie as Tori's mother or Barnes as the father of a character we already know. Not everyone needs to be connected. Though I do feel like Julie being Tori's mom is at least 50% likely

Barnes is coming though so I'm looking forward to that and especially how Chozen gets worked into this. Will we get Chozen vs Barnes or Silver? Maybe Barnes has a kid who will be a new rival for someone.

KaijuDude1992 and Drizzle like this.
  16. AlteranOne Registered

Imagine Julie one day looking up Miyagi on Twitter & she finds Johnny rants because he mentioned Miyagi-Do a few times & from that she gets involved

Dark Raven likes this.
  17. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

I'm halfway through season 4, and I think I realized why I find it lame at this point. The show does the exact same thing over and over. Different and same character from the past who is an issue, different but same bully kid, different but same overheard misunderstanding, different but same gang fight, rinse and repeat. This show has no progress, at all, because the show just does the same thing with "different" characters playing "different" roles.

The first season of this show was good. The second season decent. But at this point, it's just kind of crap and I can't believe there is suppose to be two more seasons of this.

Snow Queen likes this.
  18. AlteranOne Registered

It feels like now outside of two more Cobra Kai characters possibly switching towards Daniel & Johnny these are gonna be the final teams moving forward

19. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

That'd actually be perfect because he could totally pass for his dad.

Deck Rickard, Shinobi Shaw and Lobo like this.
  20. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

Does it matter? None of these characters are actual characters. Just stand-ins for each other.

21. AlteranOne Registered

The final scene will cheer you up

22. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

Also, this show has a terrible message. The whole thing with Lawrence. The dude is wrong, constantly. At first, okay. It's funny and he'll grow. But he hasn't. Sure he has moments, but overall he's a terrible, miysongistic jerk, who continues to tell people they need to physically attack other people. Dominate them. And almost as if to appeal to the worst parts of America, they argue for some sort of middle ground between him and Daniel. It's such antithesis to the original idea of The Karate Kid, a film that understood the issues with American macho crap, it's painful.

23. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I've really liked Terry Silver in this season. Much better than I was expecting him to be.

RockSP, Erik20, Prison Mike and 4 others like this.
  24. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

It's tremendously silly, but many viewers can't get enough of the nostalgia repeated with different characters. The one thing that really frustrates me (and covered in your later post) is that Jonny keeps reverting to type and undoing the growth we think we've seen. That is the one thing they need to get right and for this to go out with a proper emotional bang. I want to see this show with the 2 of them understanding each other and Jonny becoming a better person by the end of it. Even Kreese finally showed some character growth (and was then rewarded with what he got last episode) so he's got no excuse after 4 seasons! I guess if they're stringing it out for 6 seasons then they want season 6 to be when they finally get to that.

25. KaijuDude1992 Registered

More growth from Johnny would be nice, especially after how much growth Kresse had this season in comparison to the previous seasons and that's why I think his dynamic with Terry Silver worked so well this season.

Like I've seen other people mention if Kreese is the Anakin/Vader of this Universe than Terry is definitely Emperor Palpatine although his ultimate fate was still entirely brought on himself.

That actually made him look somewhat sympathetic standing next to such a psychopath, but at least Terry was trying to be a decent dude at first until Kreese kept belittling him and making him feel small.

Little character development moments like that definitely goes a long way in this show and going forward I do hope we see more of that kind of stuff for Johnny aswell.

Dark Raven and Iceman like this.