Colin Trevorrow Is Episode IX's Director

He did a great job with Jurassic World, so I'm pumped about this. :up: :up:

I wasn't a huge fan of JW but I think he showed a lot of potential and with a good script he can do a good job

I really enjoyed Safety Not Guaranteed.

And Jurassic World obviously succeeded at what it was going for.

This should be one heck of a trilogy.

Also Colin's career went from indie no name to the envy of Hollywood within a couple months. :hehe:

They could not have gone blander than Trevorrow.

It's not really surprising, considering he was one name they were already circling around.

Really disappointed with this choice.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Wishing for the best tho.

I secretly wanted Michael Bay for this.

Yeah I'm fine with this. Safety was great, JW was enjoyable. I think he has talent. They seemed to make it clear Rian was writing and directing VIII but just said Colin was "directing" IX. So that may help him out quite a bit.

I think he's perfect to copy George Lucas' manner, since he has no vision of his own. Whatsoever.

I wasn't that impressed by Jurassic World, but I think he showed some promise. Perhaps with better material to work with.

I wasn't that impressed by Jurassic World, but I think he showed some promise. Perhaps with better material to work with.

That's what I think. I think he has talent, but his writing may not be as up to par. So I'm intrigued they did not say he was writing IX. Just directing.

I think he's perfect to copy George Lucas' manner, since he has no vision of his own. Whatsoever.

Now I've ripped on the PT probably more than anyone and have pointed out George's flaws for thousands of posts over the years. But...the man has vision. May not always execute it well (the PT), but the original SW is one of the most visually iconic films of all time. Saying that is just disingenuous.

Colin is a better director than Marquand so at the very least the IX should have better direction. With a good writer and a helpful crew not made up of sycophants, I think IX could cap this trilogy off on a strong note.

Colin is a better director than Marquand so at the very least the IX should have better direction. With a good writer and a helpful crew not made up of sycophants, I think IX could cap this trilogy off on a strong note.

Very much agreed. I wonder if Kasdan is going to jump on with IX?

Oh no... I'm literally sitting here in Picard facepalm position.

I'm literally crying and shaking with rage. How could you do this to us WB I mean Disney!!! :argh:

First Ben Affleck and now this!

Reading to the press release it is pretty clear that he's not writing it though. It mentions that he is a writer and director but then afterwards just says directing IX. That and Bob indicates that Rian is directing and writing VIII. But just says Colin is directing IX.

Yeah people are overreacting. Trevorrow is a good director with an excellent instinct for action scenes and nostalgia. He obviously has a tremendous amount of respect for the material. I'm sure he'll do fine.

Yeah I think you'll do fine with the entire Lucasfilm team behind yeah I think you'll do fine with the entire Lucasfilm team behind them him I think it will be just fine. I think it will be just fine.

I secretly wanted Michael Bay for this.

UoMjOY0.gif

The thing with Trevorrow is that he knows how to put a film together and make it entertaining, but he's not exactly the type of guy that will blow people away. He'll do fine, but i kind of hoped for a more insipired choice like Duncan Jones, Alfonso Cuaron or Matt Reeves.

If they wanted a safe choice, i kinda wish they had gone with Brad Bird, i think his style would fit Star Wars like a glove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"