Comic Con cancelled?

Darkprime

Sidekick
Reaction score
Jeremy Conrad of MCU cosmic seems to be hinting that comic-con has been cancelled. Is this a first? I dont remember SDCC ever being cancelled before was it delayed at all during H1N1 in 2009?

1n2t4pn1g2s41.jpg

It’s fairly obvious that things are not going to be in a state where they can open conventions that has large swaths of people congregate by July. I don’t need a crystal ball to know Comic-Con will not happen this year, or at the very least it’ll be postponed to a later date.

Even if it happened on time, I strongly doubt there’s going to be a Hall H panel for Marvel Studios or any panel for a movie studio this year. It’s too dangerous, not unless Feige is fine with doing announcements remotely, which isn’t going to be same as doing it live in person with an audience where you feel like a rockstar. I see little appeal for Marvel so they will most likely skip.

Last edited:
Marvel doesn't even attend sdcc every single year. They presented last year along with their 2021 movies, so I don't think they would present this year even without the Corona.

they only did that after Infinity War and Phase 2 because they don’t wanna spoil Endgame/ Phase 3
Also it would‘ve been very stupid to skip it with the first Marvel Studios TV series coming out a month later...
Which is why I doubt, they skipped it, even if Corona didn‘t happen

Last edited:
Most studios and projects are going to host some manner of remotely streamed events, I guarantee. They've pretty much got a captive audience.

I would pay for a Marvel Studios panel stream, never had the chance to attend SDCC since it’s on the other part of the world

Makes sense why SDCC 2020 would be cancelled

they only did that after Infinity War and Phase 2 because they don’t wanna spoil Endgame/ Phase 3
Also it would‘ve been very stupid to skip it with the first Marvel Studios TV series coming out a month later...
Which is why I doubt, they skipped it, even if Corona didn‘t happen
D23 and other conventions like nycc, CinemaCon, WonderCon eXist.

Jeremy Conrad hints at a lot of things- and not very well, most of the time. That said, if/when Comic-Con is inevitably cancelled, I'd sooner wait for word from Governor Newsom than anything from that clown Manabyte.

Jeremy Conrad hints at a lot of things- and not very well, most of the time. That said, if/when Comic-Con is inevitably cancelled, I'd sooner wait for word from Governor Newsom than anything from that clown Manabyte.
I seem to recall fairly recently Conrad hinting at Black Widow going straight to streaming..

well, if you see it logical: how could an event with thousands of people in a closed building take place?
The problem with social distancing is one thing, the spreading of the germs via air conditioning is the other.

Not shocking at all. Does suck though

No surprise. But a lot of conferences in other fields are holding theirs online, so they could've done that for SDCC.

No surprise. But a lot of conferences in other fields are holding theirs online, so they could've done that for SDCC.

Feige on live chat with 30 MCU movie stars talking over each other and glitching like hell. Lol

SIGN ME UP!

Feige on live chat with 30 MCU movie stars talking over each other and glitching like hell. Lol

SIGN ME UP!

Yes, because that's how all other digital conferences operate typically. :rolleyes:

It also sounds like you've never even been in a Zoom conference call before from the way you talk.

Yes, because that's how all other digital conferences operate typically. :rolleyes:

It also sounds like you've never even been in a Zoom conference call before from the way you talk.

It was a joke... like all the chat shows I've been watching on YouTube Conan, Colbert etc. all have some audio/visual problems.

You are correct though. I don't use any sort of tech like that. Are you trying to put me down because of that? :funny:

Last edited:
Personally, I find guests/hosts talking in front of their webcam/cellphone straight from their (messy) room/living room with dodgy lighting, I woke up like this look and laggy internet connection and its being aired on tv so unprofessional. Its like something anyone could do in Instagram. I understand why talk shows are still airing new shows, but I just find it so unappealing to watch.

Feige can do all that and show us the Fantastic Four cast if he really wants to knock our socks off. That would be a fun video chat.

A video chat that anyone could easily do in Instagram. Studios don't need Comic Con for a video chat online. Imo, SDCC should just save their coins for next year's conference especially a lot of these things that would promote in Sdcc are already delayed. A video chat just seems such a downgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"