Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Spider-Aziz

Dummy Dragon Holo
Reaction score
Preferably franchises out of mainstream Marvel and DC

The Crow started with one well received film, problem is the first 15 minutes are messy imo, and had two bad sequels. I think this could have a good reboot
Green Hornet has an embarrassing version of Brit Reed, I'd love to see this get franchise get rebooted if no good sequel is green lit for it

Keep The Crow the way it is. It's a classic and I doubt we'll see anything better.

But reboots...

Blade, Daredevil, Green Lantern, Spawn, Jonah Hex, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Swamp Thing, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Keep The Crow the way it is. It's a classic and I doubt we'll see anything better.
Better can happen, don't doubt

From your list

*Need a reboot:
Spawn, Jonah Hex, Swamp Thing

*Reboot is on the way
Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

As for Spider-Man, there's no need to reboot a reboot

From your list

*Need a reboot:
Spawn, Jonah Hex, Swamp Thing

*Reboot is on the way
Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Definately agree with Spawn, Swamp Thing, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I also like to see a reboot done of Howard the Duck, Heavy Metal, Dick Tracy, and Transformers

I think Spiderman could do with a reboot in maybe 5 years or so. Give the franchise some time to breath and the audience at large time to forget, get it back under Marvel's in house control and go from there.

I'd also love to see a reboot of Ghost Rider, but I can't ever see it being a huge success no matter how well done the movie is. Sadly, a flaming skull motorbike riding spirit of vengeance just doesn't do it for most people. Personally I think it's freakin' awesome but it doesn't have the same appeal as more relateable superheroes.

The main one for me, which will obviously happen sooner or later, is Batman. I'm hoping for a more light hearted sci-fi friendly take this time around. I don't mean I want Adam West and Burt Ward running around on screen, but something that doesn't take itself quite so seriously as Nolan's trilogy would be great.

Daredevil, Blade, the Shadow, Green Lantern

The SPIRIT. The recent movie was an abomination of Eisner's character. It needs to be totally redone....and done right this time. Denny Colt has NO special recuperative powers ala Woolverine. Denny Colt has NO special pheromone power over women. Denny Colt DID NOT really die and be brought back to life by the bad guy.

The GREEN HORNET. The recent movie was another screwing over of a classic character. Britt Reid is not a moron. Britt Reid is not a child in a pudgy man's body. Britt Reid is not a moron. I repeat, for the movie producers who have never ever in their life read or watched anything pertaining to the Green Hornet....Britt Reid is not a moron.

DAREDEVIL. I personally liked the Ben Afleck movie (especially the director's cut)....but he will not be returning to the role. So restart it anew.

SWAMP THING. The first two were campy fun....but not great movies. They need to be redone with less humor and camp and with more creepy eerie spookiness.

Depending on how the new SUPERMAN movie does....I would like to see another SUPERGIRL and STEEL movie made. I think they should be originally introduced in the course of a Superman movie though.

Better? With the old rumor of Bradley Cooper as The Crow? Such a reboot will probably feature this hipster/emo character :csad:

When the reboot is only better than Spider-Man 3, imo, then it definitely needs to be rebooted again. But, that's just my opinion.

Green Hornet has an embarrassing version of Brit Reed, I'd love to see this get franchise get rebooted if no good sequel is green lit for it

If they reboot Green Hornet it should be based on Green Hornet: Year One which was absolutely excellent. It should definitely be a period piece, no more trying to adapt it to modern day or adapting the Kevin Smith Green Hornet comic book (which was what the movie seemed to be based on). 1938 or so, people.

I'd love to see a reboot of The Shadow from the new Garth Ennis book, as well. Heck if they eventually made a version of Masks then with Green Hornet and Kato, The Shadow, and The Spider, etc. that would be great as well.

Better? With the old rumor of Bradley Cooper as The Crow? Such a reboot will probably feature this hipster/emo character :csad:
Tobey Maguire was rumored to take a role in Life of Pi, but he didn't
Same might happen to that Cooper guy

While Darkman wasn't based on a comic it was inspired by them I think it deserves a reboot.

I think Spiderman could do with a reboot in maybe 5 years or so. Give the franchise some time to breath and the audience at large time to forget, get it back under Marvel's in house control and go from there.

It really didn't even need a reboot in the first place, and just continued telling stories with a new cast. But that would have probably meant Raimi would have to get a producers credit, and Sony/Columbia wanted to get rid of him.

DAREDEVIL: now that the rights went back to the House of Ideas it is time for a DD film that does the character justice and is part of a bigger universe. personally I would enjoy if they focus on the San Francisco years of DD to set it apart of the FOX version and then let him return to bad place's Kitchen in the sequel. maybe establish his relationship with Black Widow.

BATMAN: no total reboot, maybe a soft reboot. like, ignore TDKR ever happend and start right where TDK ended. a similar version but not as extreme as Nolans 'realism'. leave at least some doors open for a couple of the more fantastical concepts. not pure nonsense like Killer Crock, but if the Penguin is too unrealistic for the Nolan bros. then there is something wrong with their vision.

SPIDER-MAN: As soon as possible. I have no idea how to do it, but Webb gave me a very good impression of how to do it not.

FANTASTIC FOUR: It may take one or two years until FOX loses the rights to Marvel's first family. and of course they play the old 'oh, we are totally working on this movie, like, we already have the first page of the script written and we have announced a release date which is absolutely legally binding and stuff' game they already played with DD, but it is FOX we are talking about, so I'm very positive as late as 2015 the rights for the FF are with MS and we can explore their adventures as it was always meant to be.

SUPERMAN: hire a proper filmmaker for a Superman movie. One that gets the source material and doesn't care first and foremost what he considers as style and make it fun to watch.

GREEN LANTERN
: whatever way they go with the reboot it can't be worse than their first try to bring that character to the big screen. and it is time GL gets recognized as one of the best characters DC has to offer. hire a good actor. and with good I don't mean Ryan Reynolds.

TMNT: Stop the Michael Bay BS before it happens and focus on a sequel of the TMNT movie instead. okay, that's not a reboot.

THE ROCKETEER
: I just want to see a new Rocketeer movie. The first one was awesome (Jennifer Connelly!!). It is time to bring the fun and action of The rocketeer back on the screens.

DAREDEVIL: now that the rights went back to the House of Ideas it is time for a DD film that does the character justice and is part of a bigger universe. personally I would enjoy if they focus on the San Francisco years of DD to set it apart of the FOX version and then let him return to bad place's Kitchen in the sequel. maybe establish his relationship with Black Widow.

BATMAN: no total reboot, maybe a soft reboot. like, ignore TDKR ever happend and start right where TDK ended. a similar version but not as extreme as Nolans 'realism'. leave at least some doors open for a couple of the more fantastical concepts. not pure nonsense like Killer Crock, but if the Penguin is too unrealistic for the Nolan bros. then there is something wrong with their vision.

SPIDER-MAN: As soon as possible. I have no idea how to do it, but Webb gave me a very good impression of how to do it not.

FANTASTIC FOUR: It may take one or two years until FOX loses the rights to Marvel's first family. and of course they play the old 'oh, we are totally working on this movie, like, we already have the first page of the script written and we have announced a release date which is absolutely legally binding and stuff' game they already played with DD, but it is FOX we are talking about, so I'm very positive as late as 2015 the rights for the FF are with MS and we can explore their adventures as it was always meant to be.

SUPERMAN: hire a proper filmmaker for a Superman movie. One that gets the source material and doesn't care first and foremost what he considers as style and make it fun to watch.

GREEN LANTERN
: whatever way they go with the reboot it can't be worse than their first try to bring that character to the big screen. and it is time GL gets recognized as one of the best characters DC has to offer. hire a good actor. and with good I don't mean Ryan Reynolds.

TMNT: Stop the Michael Bay BS before it happens and focus on a sequel of the TMNT movie instead. okay, that's not a reboot.

THE ROCKETEER
: I just want to see a new Rocketeer movie. The first one was awesome (Jennifer Connelly!!). It is time to bring the fun and action of The rocketeer back on the screens.
HOLY **** i nearly lost it:lmao: if you mean house of safe by the numbers formulaic blockbusters then sure

marvel has made 1 great film that is iron man that is the only marvel film that some depth to it and actually had it's own voice

Tobey Maguire was rumored to take a role in Life of Pi, but he didn't
Same might happen to that Cooper guy

Wasn't Maguire only cut because Ang Lee wanted an international cast? Plus, I don't think changing an actor will do anything as the film itself will probably fit the "hipster/emo" demographic and be some sappy tale that only Twihards will enjoy. Look at the reboots you've got as of late where they have never been able to handle the material correctly and only mess things up.

BATMAN: no total reboot, maybe a soft reboot. like, ignore TDKR ever happend and start right where TDK ended.

Imo, that would be the dumbest thing. Ever. Of all time.

Let's just destroy Nolan's vision. Heck, let's make a sequel to The Prestige now!

Last edited:
Swamp Thing absolutely deserves to be rebooted, with a dark, mind bending film hewing close to Alan Moore's run on the comic. In a perfect world it would be directed by Guillermo Del Toro.

Swamp Thing absolutely deserves to be rebooted, with a dark, mind bending film hewing close to Alan Moore's run on the comic. In a perfect world it would be directed by Guillermo Del Toro.

Agreed. But, also in said perfect world, the Swamp Thing reboot will have to wait for del Toro to finally make Hellboy 3 first, lol.

Imo, that would be the dumbest thing. Ever. Of all time.
Not THE dumbest move. Superman Returns was that kind of a reboot, some didn't like it, people who liked it may be more than we believe, it was a moderate success
Let's just destroy Nolan's vision. Heck, let's make a sequel to The Prestige now!
Depends on whether Christopher Priest wrote a follow up story to that or not

Not THE dumbest move. Superman Returns was that kind of a reboot, some didn't like it, people who liked it may be more than we believe, it was a moderate success

But...when did TDKR become as bad as Superman III? Lol.

Depends on whether Christopher Priest wrote a follow up story to that or not

True, but I was trying to think of a film to poke fun at the post. It's either that or Inception, but I believe Inception may even get a sequel from Nolan.

HOLY **** i nearly lost it:lmao: if you mean house of safe by the numbers formulaic blockbusters then sure

:whatever:
a little history lesson for the ignorant:
'House of Ideas' is a slogan first used by Lee in 1963 and reappeared since that time numerous times in offical Marvel publications as well as the famous House of Ideas panels at multiple comic conventions. It is iften used as a synonyme for Marvel.
First appearance here:

but, well, whatever

I'm willing to bet some find the latter better than the former :oldrazz:

Those are the same that probably love Batman & Robin as well :funny:

No problem with that. If Nolan's vision results in TDKR, the f*** Nolan's vision. Seriously.

Well essentially you ARE saying "**** Nolan's vision" seeing as how TDKR had already been made and it is indeed Nolan's vision. With that being said, it would only ruin Nolan's vision, like it or not after TDKR, if one were to make a sequel to TDK and ignore TDKR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"