Coming 2 America

"Son, I know we never talked about this. I always assumed you had sex with your bathers. I know I do."
Hahaha yeah.

But I was talking about while he was in NY since I’m pretty sure the plot is like he comes back to America to find his long lost son. So, I assumed it was some random lady he met before being with Lisa.

Unless they’re making it that one of the barbers moved to the US at some point.

Akeem seemed pretty confident in his sexual prowess. In fact it seemed like he was simply beyond the sleeping around phase by the time he met Lisa. The writers could sneak a kid in there somewhere in that timeline.

It’s not like the original film was a realistic story to begin with. It was played over-the-top so they could say anything and it won’t really matter the logistics.

Btw, one of the funniest scenes was when he was greeting people from outside his window and doesn't know what "**** You" means. I'd post the clip, but i know content with swearing's not allowed here.

Also a bit of more casting news:

Teyana Taylor, Michael Blackson and Germaine Fowler added to the cast.

Yes at John Amos coming back. I hope Sam Jackson comes back too.

Sam Jackson played an armed robber in Coming to America so imagine if they bring that same robber guy back? I can't even imagine how they can bring him back especially since he tried to rob a bank and Akeem stopped him over 30 years ago

I wonder if Akeem and Lisa will still be a couple in this film and if she has become Queen of Zamunda then what will she think when she finds out that her husband has a son that he knew nothing about and that his son is from Queens? Essentially that means Akeem either cheated on her all those years ago or he slept with his child's mother before he ever got with Lisa

‘Coming 2 America’ Sequel: Shari Headley Returning – Deadline

Ashanti Headley rounds out core cast of the original Coming to America film set to return for Paramount's sequel. She’ll reprise her role as Lisa McDowell, the love interest and eventual wife to Eddie Murphy’s Prince Akeem. Returning from the original in addition to Murphy and Headley are Arsenio Hall, James Earl Jones, Paul Bates, and John Amos.

Slated to hit theaters December 18 of next year, the plot follows former Prince Akeem who is set to become King of Zamunda when he discovers he has a son he never knew about in America – a street-savvy Queens native named Lavelle. Honoring his father’s dying wish to groom this son as the crowned prince, Akeem and Semmi set off to America.

So would an SLJ appearance be announced? Or would it be a secret?

Depends how big the role is. If it’s just a cameo, probably kept a secret.

Nomzamo Mbatha and Garcelle Beauvais Join Eddie Murphy in 'Coming 2 America' (Exclusive)

South African actress Nomzamo Mbatha and Garcelle Beauvais have joined the cast of Coming 2 America, Paramount’s sequel to its popular 1988 comedy.

They round out a cast of newcomers and returnees for the film, which stars Eddie Murphy and is being directed by Craig Brewer. The pic is set to begin shooting next week.

Tracy Morgan, Wesley Snipes, Leslie Jones and KiKi Layne are among the new castmembers, while Arsenio Hall, James Earl Jones and Shari Headley are among those reprising their original roles.

The first film saw Murphy play Prince Akeem, a spoiled prince from the fictional African nation of Zamunda, who arrives in Queens and in undercover fashion gets a job at a McDonald's knockoff while trying to find a wife.

The new story sees Akeem, now set to become king, discovering he has a son he never knew about, a street-savvy Queens native named Lavelle. Honoring his father's dying wish to groom his son as a newly crowned prince, Akeem must once again return to America.

Character details for Mbatha are being kept under wraps. Beauvais is returning to one of her first-ever roles, playing a rose petal priestess.

Last edited:
Even the rose bearers are coming back.

More of the pastor please.

Sam Jackson played an armed robber in Coming to America so imagine if they bring that same robber guy back? I can't even imagine how they can bring him back especially since he tried to rob a bank and Akeem stopped him over 30 years ago

Perhaps he is now working behind the counter at McDowells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"