Common confirms he was cast as GL

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by moguy, Feb 8, 2008.

1. moguy Registered

2. Neto Magnus Registered

3. Mister J Enlightened to the Great Darkness

Putting the brakes on JLA has been one of the few bright spots about the strike. I hope Common is simply being optimistic.

4. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

yea nice to have confirmation on common and we were talking about it in the delayed thread.

5. protocida Registered

This movie is not delayed.

It's going to happen. Face it. And don't complain. They've migh recast other heroes.

6. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Yea the film is probably going to happen still if the strike officials ends this weekend. The writers will probably take a week or two to get rewrites done. They have sets built and was in the process for getting built still in auzzie. As for the cast hopefully if hammer and catrona was to be bats and superman they dont stay and are recast with hopefully someone better. As for hammer i was growing on him as bats he has the voice and stature for him it was just his young age that was taking him down for fanboys, if he was older or they can make him older looking he probably wouldnt be dissed much. As for catrona he is totally wrong for supes he doesnt have the height, built or look to pull superman off and come on a 5'9 supes with a 6'5 bats would totally look bad. As for the film if the budget, tax break and any new casting that needs to be done happens i dont see why the film couldnt start filming say between april-mayish and still have a mid/late 09 summer release.

7. Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

No disrespect to Common, but he just eye-candy and name recognition for a film with a bunch of unknowns. I'm not really sold on his acting skills and ability to pull off this type of character. I think GL would be marginalized at best, with Common in that role.

8. dnno1 Registered

I guess it's a good thing they don't cast based on your opinion.

9. 04nbod I need to debrief you

don't take that tone with me young man!:whatever: