Composer for The Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

MbJ

Avenger
Reaction score
So it's safe to say Reeves will likely be doing his own thing, so I wouldn't expect a return of the Junkie XL score. Given Michael Giacchino has worked with with Matt Reeves on several prior films, it'd be great if he were brought back for this. His work on War For the Planet of the Apes was great.

My dream would be Howard Shore (ala Seven/Silence of the Lambs/History Of Violence vibe instead of LOTR...not that I don't love the latter), but I expect Giacchino.

This a weird one that I'm sure most will think is dumb, but I would lose my mind over a John Carpenter Batman score.

There are plenty of other composers I'd rather have than Giacchino (he's a little oversaturated with blockbuster franchises recently), but until it's announced that Reeves' is definitely going with someone else I'm not going to get my hopes up.

That said, I'd love a return to the kind of gothic thriller scores Doyle, Young, Kilar and Wiseman were cooking up in the '90s.

There are plenty of other composers I'd rather have than Giacchino (he's a little oversaturated with blockbuster franchises recently), but until it's announced that Reeves' is definitely going with someone else I'm not going to get my hopes up.

That said, I'd love a return to the kind of gothic thriller scores Doyle, Young, Kilar and Wiseman were cooking up in the '90s.

Yeah, this is generally what I think too. However, to be fair, a lot of Giacchino's best work tends to be his scores for Reeves' films. He tends to veer away from his usual go-to influences, which is a good sign for Batman.

However my ideal pick to score the film would probably be Bear McCreary. Loved his God of War score and it sounds like his upcoming Godzilla: King of the Monsters score is going to be all kinds of quality.

Yeah, this is generally what I think too. However, to be fair, a lot of Giacchino's best work tends to be his scores for Reeves' films. He tends to veer away from his usual go-to influences, which is a good sign for Batman.

However my ideal pick to score the film would probably be Bear McCreary. Loved his God of War score and it sounds like his upcoming Godzilla: King of the Monsters score is going to be all kinds of quality.

Yes, the silver lining with Giacchino doing Batman is that it's a Reeves movie. Whether it's Cloverfield, Let Me In or War for the Planet of the Apes he tends to go the extra mile with his films, so I hope we won't get the kind of autopilot composing he did for Star Wars and Marvel.

Bear McCreary's one of my favorite composers, but I'm not sure he's right for Batman. I wouldn't say no, but his scores tend to have a bombasity to them that I'd like to get away from when it comes to Gotham's soundscape. I think something more ethereal and minimalist would better suit the noir vibe Reeves' is going for.

Jed Kurzel would also be an interesting choice. He's never done anything like Batman before, but his style is similar to Jóhann Jóhannsson (who would've been perfect for this movie).

Yes, the silver lining with Giacchino doing Batman is that it's a Reeves movie. Whether it's Cloverfield, Let Me In or War for the Planet of the Apes he tends to go the extra mile with his films, so I hope we won't get the kind of autopilot composing he did for Star Wars and Marvel.

Yeah, Giacchino always goes in a different direction than he usually does when working with Reeves and I think that bodes well for Batman if he scores it.

Bear McCreary's one of my favorite composers, but I'm not sure he's right for Batman. I wouldn't say no, but his scores tend to have a bombasity to them that I'd like to get away from when it comes to Gotham's soundscape. I think something more ethereal and minimalist would better suit the noir vibe Reeves' is going for.

Jed Kurzel would also be an interesting choice. He's never done anything like Batman before, but his style is similar to Jóhann Jóhannsson (who would've been perfect for this movie).

Maybe. I will say McCreary has shown some restraint in the past with his scores for the Cloverfield sequels, so I think he could surprise people with a kickass Batman score if he were selected for the job. Personally though, I do like having a bit of bombast with my Batman scores (the choirs in MotP's score are so freaking amazing).

Yeah, Giacchino always goes in a different direction than he usually does when working with Reeves and I think that bodes well for Batman if he scores it.

Maybe. I will say McCreary has shown some restraint in the past with his scores for the Cloverfield sequels, so I think he could surprise people with a kickass Batman score if he were selected for the job. Personally though, I do like having a bit of bombast with my Batman scores (the choirs in MotP's score are so freaking amazing).
I just think it'd be nice to take a break from the RCP sound Batman's had since 2005 (even the games have it). I'm all for theatricality (as you said, Walker's theme is aces), but the oppressive loudness of BvS should be retired. I'm tired of synths being the go-to for Batman.

It's a shame Goldenthal's scores seem to always be overlooked; I think I might prefer his work overall to Elfman's.

This a weird one that I'm sure most will think is dumb, but I would lose my mind over a John Carpenter Batman score.

As a few others have said, that's not dumb at all. I loooove Carpenter and would be incredibly curious to hear what he would come up with for a Batman movie.

It's gonna be Giacchino and you won't hear me complaining. Give me something between his Apes stuff and his LOST stuff and I'm good.

But if we're playing the dark horse game: Angelo Badalamenti

Ramin Djawadi.

Been saying this for a long time.

It's gonna be Giacchino and you won't hear me complaining. Give me something between his Apes stuff and his LOST stuff and I'm good.

But if we're playing the dark horse game: Angelo Badalamenti

Badalamenti would absolutely be inspired!

I would love, love, love Alexandre Desplat to do this. Also, damn, a Taxi Driver inspired soundtrack for this would be incredible.

Ludwick G.......I can't spell his name. But you get the gist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"