Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - - - Part 15

It is in our names, but he gave us a $10,000 gift towards the downpayment. (I forked up $15,000.) He said until we pay it back, it is his house. I saw the paperwork, the money was called a gift. Mother in law wants my wife to talk to him, but she says it's pointless.
That is a dick move. He needs to be locked out of the house.

It is in our names, but he gave us a $10,000 gift towards the downpayment. (I forked up $15,000.) He said until we pay it back, it is his house. I saw the paperwork, the money was called a gift. Mother in law wants my wife to talk to him, but she says it's pointless.
Taking private council from a lawyer is not wrong, assuming it won't make things harder.

As much as I despise the man....he is a good handyman. So he's the devil we need.

$10000 does not buy a house or grant a person the right to enter whenever they please. he is not your landlord and you are not his tenants.

if the paperwork says the money is a gift, legally it was, and he has no rights to your property.
post a trespassers will be shot sign in the yard and call it a day :up:

As much as I want Hobgoblin to change the locks and call it a day, it puts him in a bad situation with his wife and her family.

His father in law thinks he can enter their house freely.
His mother in law wants their daughter to talk to him, meaning that the mother in law doesn't want to get involved.
His wife doesn't think it'll do anything, so she won't say anything.

Him changing the locks may galvanize his in-laws and make it more difficult for him seeing as they don't seem to like him as it is.

Last edited:
someone has to give somewhere here.

hob, do he know that you are both aware that he enters the house whenever he wants?

Change the locks. If the $10,000 was legally a gift, it is not his house.

Him kicking your pet in your own house removes any qualms for me about locking him out.

No one would come in my house and kick my cat without getting my hands on them.

Last edited:
someone has to give somewhere here.

hob, do he know that you are both aware that he enters the house whenever he wants?
I dont know if he is aware. I saw the text argument between him and my wife.

He has been snarling at my wife every time she visits his house. She doesn't want to go there any more. So there will be no movement on that front.

Our sewage backed up last night and even though he isn't a plumber, I'm sure he'll be over snooping. If I hear anything happened, it's time to do something.

I confess Janet Jackson's new song is actually pretty good.

When I see comments of "I'm so hyped for this product I've been looking forward to for a while I want to skip work to sit through it" I cringe. YEESH, you'd think that we're still living the days of shows airing on TV with no service for streaming recorded shows you can play any time you like whenever you please.

I confess I keep looking back at all the amazing and fun posts these boards had when TASM, TDKR, MOS, and The Avengers were being filmed, and I really wished the Like button was added sooner. There were so many fun and thoughtful posts in what could best be described as a Golden Age of superhero films.

i confess i feel like i've checked out of life. as in experiencing life, not in a suicidal way. i go through the motions, work til i drop as a distraction and rinse, repeat the next day. i know part of it is probably due to a traumatizing experience i endured a couple months ago but most of it just ... ugh.

Sounds like you may need a hobby.

i have some. i just dont even feel like doing them anymore. i think maybe i'm just overly stressed out, or in a funk, or both
i had a chance to sit down one night this week and watch 2 movies, and last night i sat and read a whole book, so that was progress.

i just dont really feel like i have anywhere i can relax or have some peace of mind. my house is so volatile right now, which is why i'm really pushing on with the house hunting and buying. i have meeting next week, and i just finished a class on homebuying today that i passed. and i'm getting my hair done on wednesday so maybe those things will bring me around

Well good luck. I hope you find a nice place to live. I'm still not ready to house hunt yet. I honestly don't have the energy to take on stuff like yard work or home repair yet. I would say maybe a change of career maybe.

The problem with a holiday is that toward the end of it, and once it's over with, you're back in the same situation. I know because I too am there. Monday to Friday is somewhat of a chore, weekends very much depend on the weather and availability of friends (of which I usually have to organise).

I haven't started any yet, but I've inquired about a fair amount of voluntary work; I figure this will keep me occupied and allow me to eventually expand my social circle. Maybe see what opportunities are around you @ComicChick ? There's conservation, junior child support and animal care around me, and I've enrolled on all of them; just waiting on health & safety paperwork.

If nothing else, it'll get you out of that house! :)

i have some. i just dont even feel like doing them anymore. i think maybe i'm just overly stressed out, or in a funk, or both
i had a chance to sit down one night this week and watch 2 movies, and last night i sat and read a whole book, so that was progress.
Meditate, and enjoy the company of animals you know you are not allergic to.

The problem with a holiday is that toward the end of it, and once it's over with, you're back in the same situation. I know because I too am there. Monday to Friday is somewhat of a chore, weekends very much depend on the weather and availability of friends (of which I usually have to organise).

I haven't started any yet, but I've inquired about a fair amount of voluntary work; I figure this will keep me occupied and allow me to eventually expand my social circle. Maybe see what opportunities are around you @ComicChick ? There's conservation, junior child support and animal care around me, and I've enrolled on all of them; just waiting on health & safety paperwork.

If nothing else, it'll get you out of that house! :)

i actually do volunteer work. i coach jv softball at my rival high school, as well as a travel team

Holidays/vacation is good for the mind if you don't have too stressful of a job. I sleep so much better on vacation.

So, I'm having some crazy thoughts. I've been married for 16 years. I have no desire to cheat on my wife. Yet, this girl I work with... Her and I have been talking a lot at work. Mostly about her sex life. It's really done a number on me! At this point, if I were single, I'd go after her with everything I have! I'm seriously tempted now! On one hand I don't want to hurt my wife but, on the other, I want this woman so bad! I doubt anything will ever come of it, I just needed to get that off my chest.

HW, don't do it, 16 years and your relationship is a whole lot to ditch for a colleague. Concentrate on all the good things you and your wife have & share.

So, I'm having some crazy thoughts. I've been married for 16 years. I have no desire to cheat on my wife. Yet, this girl I work with... Her and I have been talking a lot at work. Mostly about her sex life. It's really done a number on me! At this point, if I were single, I'd go after her with everything I have! I'm seriously tempted now! On one hand I don't want to hurt my wife but, on the other, I want this woman so bad! I doubt anything will ever come of it, I just needed to get that off my chest.

But, you sir are not single. Has your marriage been happy these 16 years? If so, that is a rarity and you're blessed to have that. Don't squander that.

Plus, if it were me, I wouldn't want to hear a person telling me all about their sex life with person X or Y and then think 'oh does this person really want me' if they are happy to disclose intimate details with a colleague (not a loved one or friend even).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"