Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - - - Part 15

So, I'm having some crazy thoughts. I've been married for 16 years. I have no desire to cheat on my wife. Yet, this girl I work with... Her and I have been talking a lot at work. Mostly about her sex life. It's really done a number on me! At this point, if I were single, I'd go after her with everything I have! I'm seriously tempted now! On one hand I don't want to hurt my wife but, on the other, I want this woman so bad! I doubt anything will ever come of it, I just needed to get that off my chest.
You know it’s wrong and if you are happy with your wife I’m sure you wouldn’t want to destroy that. However, maybe it’s best not to put yourself in a situation to cheat.

So, I'm having some crazy thoughts. I've been married for 16 years. I have no desire to cheat on my wife. Yet, this girl I work with... Her and I have been talking a lot at work. Mostly about her sex life. It's really done a number on me! At this point, if I were single, I'd go after her with everything I have! I'm seriously tempted now! On one hand I don't want to hurt my wife but, on the other, I want this woman so bad! I doubt anything will ever come of it, I just needed to get that off my chest.
If she's that open about her sex life, chances are she's getting enough of it without you, so you'd just be another guy on her list of conquered, and all with the risk of your marriage (happy marriage or otherwise). If it's a happy marriage, then obviously you're not going to want to ruin that, and if it's unhappy, you should (in my opinion at least) focus on fixing that.

I never did understand the fascination with people openly sharing their sex lives. I often wonder whether it's down to insecurities; either...
  • the sex they're having isn't that good
  • they're having loads of it, but it's quantity over quality
  • they're not actually having any at all, but need to make themselves feel good, so say otherwise

Thanks for the feedback. A few more details. My wife and I are fairly happy. We're just at a point where we're both a bit complacent. Then, along comes this girl who's in her 20s, pretty, and open. I wouldn't be the first married guy she's been with and just the thought of her was stirring something I hadn't felt in a while.

That being said, her and I chatted last night and she shut it down. She realized where it was headed and, since she's not exactly single either, she felt the whole thing was just wrong. So, while I can't just turn it off, I'm coming to terms with the boundary.

Just the fact and you quote 'I wouldn't be the first married guy she's been with', should make you feel exactly that you are in the right place with your wife, even if that requires work, every relationship does.

Thanks for the feedback. A few more details. My wife and I are fairly happy. We're just at a point where we're both a bit complacent. Then, along comes this girl who's in her 20s, pretty, and open. I wouldn't be the first married guy she's been with and just the thought of her was stirring something I hadn't felt in a while.

That being said, her and I chatted last night and she shut it down. She realized where it was headed and, since she's not exactly single either, she felt the whole thing was just wrong. So, while I can't just turn it off, I'm coming to terms with the boundary.

Maybe you and your wife could have a day for yourselves to go on a date and do something totally new to you both. New activity, new place to eat. Something to break out of y'alls usual routine.

Wife just talked to mother in law on the phone.

MIL: " I'm going to go vote against the Democrats."
Wife: "Mom we need them."
MIL: "No we dont."
Wife: "...Ok...."

Me: "Did you vote?"
Wife: "No."
Me: "You have 45 minutes."
Wife: "It's just the House and Senate, right?"
Me: "That's pretty important."
Wife: *grunts*

I nagged her into going. Our polling place is a half mile away.

Last edited:
I confess I could go for some parmesean cheese and mustard right now.

I confess older Liev Schreiber is kinda hot.

Most versions of the song "Baby it's Cold Outside" suck, but the people clutching their pearls and wanting it banned from ever being heard again make me want to drive down the street blasting it at window-rattling decibels from a giant speaker mounted on the roof of my car, because they need to get pushback sometimes.

I confess I still don't understand the rules to True American.

The wife and I are discussing kids. We talked last night about adopting, because we both have health problems we wouldn't want to pass on. She would also need to get off her medications for over a year to have a healthy pregnancy. We fear doing so would lead to post partum depression. We understand that most likely we would adopt a non white child, which we are fine with, but her father is a different story. Looking into it, I'm amazed that adopting is more expensive than childbirth. It's also such a long, drawn out process.

The wife and I are discussing kids. We talked last night about adopting, because we both have health problems we wouldn't want to pass on. She would also need to get off her medications for over a year to have a healthy pregnancy. We fear doing so would lead to post partum depression. We understand that most likely we would adopt a non white child, which we are fine with, but her father is a different story. Looking into it, I'm amazed that adopting is more expensive than childbirth. It's also such a long, drawn out process.

All the very best to you both for this Hobs and hope the process eases itself eventually. I think you'll be great and give any child a great home & love. :up:

I guess you can understand why, because of lot of these children in adoption agencies have had a troubling start, but at the same time, you would think there'd be a way to simplify the process, especially if the desire (from all) is to help children find loving families and the like. Nobody wants to sit through hours of paperwork,

The requirements from some of the Asian countries were insane. They want to know our income level, health status and I forget what else. Doing so can take 1 to 5 years. Adopting in the states can be 6 months to a year.

I really have to wonder if it us right to bring a child of color into a situation where a grandparent would hate it.

I really have to wonder if it us right to bring a child of color into a situation where a grandparent would hate it.
I think you just gave us the reason why you shouldn't do it. You struggle to have a better relationship to your in laws as it is already, you don't need to make things hotter under the collar.

I think you may be right, Aziz. I feel like adopting may be asking for trouble.

At the same time, my family isn't much better. I wasn't told about dad's xmas plans until last week and he said I didn't have to come if I didn't want. I was going to go anyway but my wife was reluctant to leave her family early to go to mine. She said she has to work early tmrw and didn't want to be out late. We could gave gone there, gave the presents and left by now but we are still at her parents.

So either I would have spent xmas with a reluctant father or a wife that made excuses to stay as long as possible at her family's place. Feels like a lose-lose.

in the nicest way i can say it Hobgob, it sounds like your marriage might be a lose-lose too. you both have a lot of issues to deal with, and two sets of parents on top of that. are you both sure that a baby/child will be an improvement here? are you both fully committed to the idea of bringing another life into your house? i remember you talking about problems with just getting the dog taken care of.

in the nicest way i can say it Hobgob, it sounds like your marriage might be a lose-lose too. you both have a lot of issues to deal with, and two sets of parents on top of that. are you both sure that a baby/child will be an improvement here? are you both fully committed to the idea of bringing another life into your house? i remember you talking about problems with just getting the dog taken care of.
Her mom said tonight that she is afraid of my wife having post partum after giving birth. Kerri was surprised and said she didn't think it would be that bad. Her mom said that she had it, and it was bad. Having a screaming child is hard enough without being depressed.

Last year she was up one night sobbing and nearly suicidal from trouble with our first dog. It was so bad I called her mom and my dad and told them to keep an eye on her at her workplace.

I don't know how to handle this.

@Hobglobin, hey there! I apologize in advance if someone already asked you this but: the choice of becoming parents has it came to you both because "it is time" or because you want to start a family, to become a unit?

Hobs, you and your wife are the ones deciding whether to adopt, not her father. It's your potential immediate family, as much as your father-in-law is part of your family, it's down to your wife and yourself your choice, your father-in-law will have to like it or lump it. That would be my take in your position, but the choice is finally yours, good luck guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"