Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - - - Part 15

I totally did the same thing back in middle school. People kept on asking if I was foreign with how I talked and I was too self-conscious about it that I just started saying I was European.

You get the British thing too?

My speech impediment makes me sound British to people. Looked it up and apparently others, although it's rare, in similar situations are also confused for Brits too.

The funny this is - when I talk fast, people probably think I have a more "street" British accent with words blending together. But, when I try to slow down - it doesn't sound American either - it sounds like a British narrator, due to focusing on it I over pronounce instead.

Plus, in reality, I actually have no "belonging." I could say I'm British and it wouldn't necessarily be a lie comically, because I could literally be an alien for all we know (although that's a serious stretch and impossible) - point being, as an orphan with no knowledge of the past... my background is multiple choice: anything I say could be the truth because there is no truth or at least no truth that I know. I start saying I lived in the UK until I was 8 then I moved... then it becomes a lie lol. But, where's the harm?

Last edited:
I'm almost twenty and I've never really kissed a girl :(

I'm almost twenty and I've never really kissed a girl :(

It's not that big of a problem. Many guys are in the same boat you are dude. Thought I was alone for the longest time till met another guy who was similarly mid to late twenties with no experience either in that area.

The older you get the more confidence you get. Plus, unsure where you're coming from - those who are workaholics tend to integrate that later.

Basically, don't look so much at the media telling you when you should do certain things. Look at yourself alone and ask if you'd be feeling as down in the dumps if it wasn't from media bombardment.

Leaving my Supermarket, I eyed a sheet cake that was in the "clearance" fridge. I weighed the options of having a $11 cake against the thought of hating myself for finishing off a cake by myself. The latter won. :up:

Whenever I catch someone upstreaming me with a cab, I just upstream right back.

I confess that in recent times I have toyed with the idea of "Hype Suicide" that is to say, asking to be banned by the mods. It's getting to the point where even posters I like put stuff out there that just seems too over the top and extreme for my tastes. I keep my opinion to myself more often than not these days simply because as a member of this community I don't want to add to the rancor. But... Jesus how many are posting things I just can't see any reason NOT to get into an argument about. I mean... Somebody with a straight face tells me I'm ignorant about martial arts history, but they believe in "Soul destroying" techniques and that "wizards" can be found online if you just look in the right places. I mean... I'M ignorant, with many MANY years of martial arts training, but the guy that believes in WIZARDS, he's running on all cylinders or at least operating with a STUNNING amount of certitude about... WIZARDS. It sometimes seems that there's nothing of interest for me here some days simply because I don't want to get in another heated debate about stuff that is supposed to be bringing enjoyment in my life.

A couple days ago I found a wallet that looked like a piece of trash (not exaggerating) and thought about stealing it because it was on the ground... The person would have no idea where or how they lost it. I didn't. I returned it to lost and found. Upset that I was tempted, but content that I did the right thing.

Last edited:
I confess that in recent times I have toyed with the idea of "Hype Suicide" that is to say, asking to be banned by the mods. It's getting to the point where even posters I like put stuff out there that just seems too over the top and extreme for my tastes. I keep my opinion to myself more often than not these days simply because as a member of this community I don't want to add to the rancor. But... Jesus how many are posting things I just can't see any reason NOT to get into an argument about. I mean... Somebody with a straight face tells me I'm ignorant about martial arts history, but they believe in "Soul destroying" techniques and that "wizards" can be found online if you just look in the right places. I mean... I'M ignorant, with many MANY years of martial arts training, but the guy that believes in WIZARDS, he's running on all cylinders or at least operating with a STUNNING amount of certitude about... WIZARDS. It sometimes seems that there's nothing of interest for me here some days simply because I don't want to get in another heated debate about stuff that is supposed to be bringing enjoyment in my life.

Shia-LaBeouf-just-do-it.gif

I'm actually debating doing the same as well, though. The circular arguments and some varying hints of ignorance are too much to bear sometimes.

There is no milk here, so no need to be super cereal when posting on the Hype. Just don't take things to heart and the Hype would be much more enjoyable. So what someone said you don't know about martial arts. It's just somebody with a different opinion. People say all kinds of crazy stuff on there, and you just got to let it be. It's not like he said something so crazy like Batman v. Superman is an actual good movie. :sly:

Even then what is also happening is that you are just getting a little sick of the Hype and posting less. It happens to everyone except the mods who have to post and stay active. It's no big deal. So many waves of Hypesters come and go over the years. I've only been here for seven years, and even before me the same thing happened to most people.

I'd like to get a link to the Harry Potter wannabe Kryptin.

There is no milk here, so no need to be super cereal when posting on the Hype. Just don't take things to heart and the Hype would be much more enjoyable. So what someone said you don't know about martial arts. It's just somebody with a different opinion. People say all kinds of crazy stuff on there, and you just got to let it be. It's not like he said something so crazy like Batman v. Superman is an actual good movie. :sly:

Even then what is also happening is that you are just getting a little sick of the Hype and posting less. It happens to everyone except the mods who have to post and stay active. It's no big deal. So many waves of Hypesters come and go over the years. I've only been here for seven years, and even before me the same thing happened to most people.

How can anyone sleep at night knowing someone is wrong on SHH? :huh:

I don't lose a wink over such trivial matters.

How can anyone sleep at night knowing someone is wrong on SHH? :huh:

I lie awake. I drive myself crazy. Drive myself crazy. Thinking of Hype trolls.

I confess I got curious about the guy who believes in wizards.

Thanks guys... Some of ya'll actually make the decision that much easier. ;)

Stay, as regwec said, this place needs the more rational and sensible posters to stay, I believe you belong to that party.
And I'm paraphrasing a bit.

I confess the X-Boards feel like a totally different place from the rest of the Hype. There are posters there that I've never seen before and bizarre threads. :funny:

Also I confess that I don't find Oscar Isaac all that attractive or as attractive as fans make him out to be. He's good looking, but not my type.

I confess that in recent times I have toyed with the idea of "Hype Suicide" that is to say, asking to be banned by the mods.

I'm actually debating doing the same as well, though. The circular arguments and some varying hints of ignorance are too much to bear sometimes.

tumblr_mg0hkmgZHg1r7nryuo4_r1_250.gif

Thanks guys... Some of ya'll actually make the decision that much easier. ;)

I told you... The wars to come. You either join in the "SALTENING" ... or you perish with the rest.

The Salt is coming, m'lord. The First Salt, and the Last.

You think believing in wizardy is crazy? I will show you crazy.

I believe that Unicorns are horses that made their deal with female peacocks, their beautiful fanny tails in exchange for horns, but they see that male peacocks brag with their tails to attract female ones and detest that, that is why unicorns hate the male population and like the female side.

Durn dem unicorns. :argh:
Oh poop, I missed this.
Don't die on me LiLo, you are one of the important individuals on the Hype.

I don't see how I am when you got CC, ISS, and FC, Aziz. :p

giphy.gif

I confess I'm considering leaving my job and pursuing my dream of becoming a screenwriter and eventually start my own animation studio. :)

can you do both at the same time?
maybe less hours to fund your expenses while you build up your passions?

I may consider going for a job with less demanding hours. I can't write as much as I would like because of my current one consuming my free time. I've been trying to get back into the swing of things by writing fan fiction to get my creative juices flowing.

I confess the X-Boards feel like a totally different place from the rest of the Hype. There are posters there that I've never seen before and bizarre threads. :funny:

Also I confess that I don't find Oscar Isaac all that attractive or as attractive as fans make him out to be. He's good looking, but not my type.

He certainly isn't Rami Malek level attractive.:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"