Confession is good for the Hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed emotions about my former faith...on one hand, I hold their sins over their head big time. The fact that they led a genocide against us, took our holidays, bad mouth us, then did another murder spree in medieval times known as witch hunts, pretty much puts blood in my eyes and rage. On the other hand I actually like some famous Christians (Tebow, Kurt Warner) and believe in 'Treating others the way you would like to be treated'. And while it might be a bit extreme for me to think that if I came out, I'd have 2 billion at my throat, the fact is I don't feel all that safe in the South. I honestly think about half of that 2 billion wants me converted or killed.

Have you tried judging individuals... as individuals?

So, in other words, it won't work because you're intolerant.

What he said.

People care too much about such, ultimately meaningless things as it is.

So, in other words, it won't work because you're intolerant.

No, I said on one hand I like Christians, but it's hard to let the past go when we get treated badly still in the present. I believe in Freedom of Religion. But at the same time it's very hard. It could be years before my feelings of the past go away. Maybe it's a normal thing when converting, to feel anger at what happened in the past. :csad: I've been laughed at behind my back. When just talking about Pagans to two people, without saying what I was, they said demons. I only met one Christian so far that was a true supporter of Freedom of Religion and he's cool.

I feel I need to just well..get more info out there.

I am a fan of Tim Tebow, Kurt Warner, and Kevin Sorbo and am happy they are Christian. They come off as nice people, honest, family people. Strong leaders. Although I did come up with a joke where Hercules lost his religion and became a Christian. :o. I'm terrible. But all joking aside, I'm a fan of them.

I also prefer Christian rock music over Pagan Rock music and over sex and drugs music(aka some modern rock music and rock in general). Like Skillet, Creed, Chevelle and here's the big one...one of my fav Alien Ant Farm songs...

High on the Horizon. Note, this is what I hear Dryden sing, I've been told otherwise I got hearing problems. So help me out here hype. Sadly this song didn't make the cut for their 2013 album, so I doubt lyrics will pop up any time soon :(

My Pagan hands they keep on choking.
Choking. Choking on me.
Angels spread your wings.
Navigate with me, we'll fly away.
High on life.
High on the horizon.

Devil killed my dreams.
Stay away from me.
I'll die today.
To start a new life
High on the Horizon.
[YT]MtTCuorMQa0[/YT]

Yes, I am well aware I love a Pro-Christian song that is Anti-Pagan. Oh the i-r-o-n-y.

I confess i'm going to start ripping my hair out over these Paint people ads and "oogie love" banners that keep appearing on this site.. forcing a drop down menu that you have to click on like 50 times for it to finally go away...

:argh::fst::argh:

:o I may retire from posting because of those annoying ads, so yeah...there's that.

No, I said on one hand I like Christians, but it's hard to let the past go when we get treated badly still in the present. I believe in Freedom of Religion. But at the same time it's very hard. It could be years before my feelings of the past go away. Maybe it's a normal thing when converting, to feel anger at what happened in the past. :csad: I've been laughed at behind my back. When just talking about Pagans to two people, without saying what I was, they said demons. I only met one Christian so far that was a true supporter of Freedom of Religion and he's cool.

do you even practice paganism? if so, how?

do you even practice paganism? if so, how?

Well, before I answer that I posted a update in the Relationship thread, as it's more suited there.

Now onto your question.

I pray to Gaia. Mother Earth. I try to respect the Earth. The trees, oceans, soil. Still in early stages...I've written poems. Songs towards Mother Earth. Really I try to not kill any insects. But I don't celebrate the Pagan Holidays or really the four seasons, not at this moment at least. Was a Pagan-Atheist, suppose I could go back to that, but I do actually believe that Gaia, the Greek Goddess is a real Goddess. Refer to her...her and Mother Earth are basically the same to me. But when I pray to Mother Earth I think of the planet and all it is, trees, waters, oceans, etc. Still have a ways to go, took a quiz online that basically said I'm new to Paganism and that is true. I don't pray to other Pagan Gods...could change...one thing that hasn't is that I am closer to the Atheist community cause I came out to them first...so maybe deep down I'm just a Atheist who likes to dip his fingers into the Pagan pool? There are Pagan-Atheists out there. But I am pretty much a rookie still at this. Haven't had much time to really research more, I pray several times a week though. And at going on 9 or 10 months in, this is the longest I've been dedicated to a religion. Now am I gonna go on a camping trip to be one with the Earth/Gaia? I dunno, cause those Friday the 13th movies have made me that damn Paranoid. Thanks Jason...thanks a lot. Would rather go on a hike or a run than camp out. When I go on walks or jogs at rec center, the 1 mile trail is surrounded by trees and it feels good. The few times I have ran or jogged at night on that path...it was only lit up for the first 1/4th mile, so back then...I was a Pagan-Atheist...I did pray to Mother Earth...for protection, to keep me safe.

:yay: I'm actually glad you asked this question CC.

i just wanted to see if you actually did adhere to any of the beliefs and practices

you've mentioned in the past about not being able to decide on a religion and testing the waters of various ones, you mentioned that above too so i see you remember as well

since you don't accept all the gods, ways, etc of the theology yet, perhaps you should refrain from using religious beliefs as a deal breaker or not until you decide how important it is to you, how much it will affect your life and theirs and maybe try to get to know them beyond this.

i just wanted to see if you actually did adhere to any of the beliefs and practices

you've mentioned in the past about not being able to decide on a religion and testing the waters of various ones, you mentioned that above too so i see you remember as well

since you don't accept all the gods, ways, etc of the theology yet, perhaps you should refrain from using religious beliefs as a deal breaker or not until you decide how important it is to you, how much it will affect your life and theirs and maybe try to get to know them beyond this.

Every Pagan is different. Some are Pagan-Atheist, some accept only one God and Goddess, some accept one Goddess, some have several. But you are right, cause it's still early and I am finding my views evolving. For example...I read a blog months ago...the guy was a Christian....then was a Pagan for a while...10 or 20 years...then over time he felt he no longer connected, told a Priest, and converted back to Christian and the Priest seemed cool. I'm only 24, 25 next week. It's like how I said earlier in the thread, while I am angry at the past and Pagans not be treated fairly today, at the same time I actually do like people like Tim Tebow, who I am a big fan of. Kevin Sorbo has best friends who are Atheist and he loves them, even though he is a Christian. Kurt Warner I'm a fan of, took him making that comeback in Arizona to make me a fan and take a hard look at his career.

And then you have the fact that while I wish Pagans get treated better, that I wish the Christian Faith would put out a press announcement saying 'Sorry about the past, the genocide, forcing you to convert on you, wrecking your temples, the witch hunts, stealing your holidays, etc. But let's be friends.' I would actually cry joyful tears. I actually think that would cause a chain reaction. Religions, agnostics, and Atheists would be at peace. No more war hopefully. I don't expect that anytime...I think the Pope would have to say that. But I think I lost my thought process...oh yes. While I want Pagans to get accepted more...I might lean more towards Atheists getting those rights first. Look at Gary Johnson when he had that online townhall media call with Pagan and Hindu media last October. Media kinda joked on him about that. And let me make it clear...he was a REPUBLICAN at the time still...talking to Pagans and Hindu (like 5 Pagans and 1 Hindu I believe). That...is one of the reasons why I am voting for him, because he is gonna stand up for Freedom of Religion. I'm actually crying right now.

Romney isn't gonna stand up for minority religions rights. He had that speech at Liberty University. I don't know their entire history, but I know the school fines you and what not if you shows signs of being a Pagan. At one point I did diss Jon Huntsman Jr for being a Mormon and I said on this board I was sorry. I learned a bit about Mormons. Like some of that faith, meaning I agree with some of it. While he supports NDAA which is sad...from what I know about him...if he ran 3rd party...even still supporting NDAA, I would consider voting for him. He seems very smart. Puts his country first and I gotta love a man who has pissed off the GOP twice so far. One for serving his country under a Democrat, and this year for saying America needs a 3rd party and the GOP/Rep Party said 'DOG HOUSE'. Not only that, I honestly believe the GOP chose the wrong Mormon. Now I believe Romney loves his family, he's a good man in that category, probably better than I'd be in my life time. But the guy outside of that isn't a good person...and I honestly believe Huntsman is better overall. I believe he also is closer to his faith. I believe if Huntsman ever become President...I believe as a Mormon he is gonna stand up for all rights. Atheist, Pagan, Hindu, etc. Romney, I don't believe that.

I confess this thread title is terrible and lazy.

Who doesn't want to see the Oogieloves?

I confess that I don't care about other people religion or sexuality.

They come out today....Oogust 29th.

:dry:

They come out today....Oogust 29th.

:dry:

F7J9x.gif

I confess that I'm very afraid to be in 100% commission sales, starting mid-September. :/

I confess as someone who tries to stay athletic. Wearing a knee brace and slowing down isn't fun.

I confess that I might barely miss my weight loss goal for this month by about .4 pounds. I would like to say it's because of some stupid excuse, but it's really due to me not putting in the extra effort this month like I should have.

I confess that I'm very afraid to be in 100% commission sales, starting mid-September. :/

They're not offering a draw? The only way those positions work is if the sales cycle is like insanely short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"