Dark of the Moon Confused about Megatron's plan

Krimasen

Avenger 0
Reaction score
(Critical spoiler follows): I'm confused as to what Megatron's plan was exactly. He says in this movie that he was heading to Earth to meet with a defecting Sentinel Prime who had the tech to resurrect Cybertron. However, it was established in the first movie and official tie-in stuff that Megatron went to Earth in search of the Cube. If he already knew about the tech Sentinel Prime was bringing, why did he need the cube? And I'm similarly confused about how The Fallen fits into Megatron's schemes with Sentinel Prime.

ask michael bay.... only he knows...hopefully

Dude, It's Michael Bay, he has no idea what he's doing. He's just doing it.

(Critical spoiler follows): I'm confused as to what Megatron's plan was exactly. He says in this movie that he was heading to Earth to meet with a defecting Sentinel Prime who had the tech to resurrect Cybertron. However, it was established in the first movie and official tie-in stuff that Megatron went to Earth in search of the Cube. If he already knew about the tech Sentinel Prime was bringing, why did he need the cube? And I'm similarly confused about how The Fallen fits into Megatron's schemes with Sentinel Prime.

Okay, without a timeline...

He needed the Cube to find the Matrix.

He needed the Matrix to work the sun-killer device AND then revive Sentinel.

And he needed Sentinel to work the portal devices.

Goal was crazy amount of energy and the ability to transport his planet in order to revive it.

Goal was crazy amount of energy and the ability to transport his planet in order to revive it.

Yea, it's cool how he ends up playing into the plans of bigger stronger robots every now and again. It's part of his character ark and it's brought to a logical conclusion.

I love the second two comments in this thread. Classic.
If people took half the time to figure things out as they did during (the convoluted) inception...they end up being as guilty of laziness as they accuse the filmmakers themselves.
But it's all fun, especially when people join in and it becomes internet meming to the 3rd degree.

He needed the sun kille device to power the new born decepitcons so that he can dominate the autobots and revive sentinel.

forget megatron, what the hell was Michael Bay's plan?
:yay: had to

Can Megatron not make two plans because he is a fiend and a double crosser? Does that stump people when we see a character making more than one plan???

Or that makes sense.

Megatron's plan was to go find the All-Spark to revive his army....That's it!!

It ends in TF 1.

Parts 2 and 3 are all non sense. Worst writing ever.

but since the sun is the most powerful thing in this galaxy wouldnt he have rather wanted to harness it's power? they never explained why the sun needed to be destroyed to begin with

Yea, it's cool how he ends up playing into the plans of bigger stronger robots every now and again. It's part of his character ark and it's brought to a logical conclusion.

I love the second two comments in this thread. Classic.
If people took half the time to figure things out as they did during (the convoluted) inception...they end up being as guilty of laziness as they accuse the filmmakers themselves.
But it's all fun, especially when people join in and it becomes internet meming to the 3rd degree.

yea we should have seen megatron become galvatron in secret until the finale he arrives and gives the autobots the fight of their life to where the last two standing, not that the others are dead, but optimus and bumble bee and they both go at ot with galvatron and defeat him out of team work...just something better than anything we got where optimus doesnt dish out one order to his soldiers rather than his suggestions. why is he the leader again? cause he's the biggest?

but since the sun is the most powerful thing in this galaxy wouldnt he have rather wanted to harness it's power? they never explained why the sun needed to be destroyed to begin with

They needed to destroy the sun to make energon in its rawest & most powerful form.

I think the question is answered rather easily (if not satisfyingly) by making the fair assumption that the writers just kept pulling villains out of their asses.

It's clear the Fallen didn't exist before the second movie. It's also rather strange that no one mentioned Transformers being found in the 1960's in the first two movies. You would think that would have come up at some point. They didn't plan anything out for the franchise. It's just bad writing.

Uh they didn't make the first movie with plans to do 3.

That's like saying TDK sucked because Batman never ran into Joker in Batman Begins even though he was in the city.

Uh they didn't make the first movie with plans to do 3.

That's like saying TDK sucked because Batman never ran into Joker in Batman Begins even though he was in the city.

They should have. When you start a movie, especially one that you know is going to be a franchise, you need to set these things up. Batman Begins set up the Joker. It felt a bit rushed, but at least they did it.

Also that's not a fair analogy. It would be more like Ra's Al Gul's previously unmentioned boss showing up in TDK, not a new, unrelated character.

I think the question is answered rather easily (if not satisfyingly) by making the fair assumption that the writers just kept pulling villains out of their asses.

It's clear the Fallen didn't exist before the second movie. It's also rather strange that no one mentioned Transformers being found in the 1960's in the first two movies. You would think that would have come up at some point. They didn't plan anything out for the franchise. It's just bad writing.

Sector 7 & the U.S. Government were keeping secrets from each other for decades.

Actually the Fallen was a major Transformer character in the world of transformers, he never appeared in the show but he was a big part of the comics that explains their history and he is one of the original 12 transformers and the very first decepticon. I'm not sure if sentinal prime was ever in the show but he too was a big part of the comics and lure of transformers.

Weird question; How did Sentinel Prime know English right after coming back from the dead?

Actually the Fallen was a major Transformer character in the world of transformers, he never appeared in the show but he was a big part of the comics that explains their history and he is one of the original 12 transformers and the very first decepticon. I'm not sure if sentinal prime was ever in the show but he too was a big part of the comics and lure of transformers.

I'm aware of the Fallen's comic origins. Though, the continuities are different. And the Decepticon backstory changes. But in the first movie, there was never any allusion to Megatron having a boss. Or any prophecy about killing the last prime.

Weird question; How did Sentinel Prime know English right after coming back from the dead?

I haven't seen the movie but assuming from the teaser trailer, wasn't Sentinel Prime still alive when the astronauts were aboard the Ark so he must have heard them communicating with each other & during their radio communication with Nasa.

I'm aware of the Fallen's comic origins. Though, the continuities are different. And the Decepticon backstory changes. But in the first movie, there was never any allusion to Megatron having a boss. Or any prophecy about killing the last prime.

yea, after rereading what you said I thought thats what you actually meant, but the way I look at it, each movie is its own self contained story, with no real purpose of connecting these films as a trilogy, each film was made on it's own terms without worrying about what happened in the previous film. Bay mentioned this after they made the first one where he said he didn't want to make a trilogy but rather make three separate "episodes" that stand on their own instead of having to rely on seeing the one that came before it. so the writing here doesn't indicate what we have is a "trilogy" but rather three separate episodes that we can choose to watch. We just get faint nudges at what happened before, but nothing really more beyond that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"