Congress spent more time investigating Benghazi than it did 9/11

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Avenger
Reaction score
Congressional investigations have a way of stretching from months to years, but the House committee probe into 2012’s Benghazi attack was especially lengthy. At two years and four months, it was longer than Congressional probes into 9/11, Watergate, the JFK assassination and Pearl Harbor.

Four Americans died at the U.S. embassy in Libya.

Republicans launched the investigation with a focus on Hillary Clinton, but Democrats accuse them of using Benghazi as a political weapon, especially after this from comment from Republican leadership.

“Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?" Rep. Kevin McCarthy asked on Fox News. "But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today?”

The final report finds no new evidence of wrongdoing by Clinton.

[YT]PyF7QvcdSno[/YT]

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/national/congress-spent-more-time-investigating-benghazi-it/nrpfQ/

Millions of tax payer dollars wasted by the GOP.

Seems like Republicans really love to investigate stuff when it involves Democrats. I think a better comparison point would be how much investigating did the Dems do when US installations got attacked 3 times in Lebanon in a matter of a year and a half in the 80s.

It wasn't an investigation. It was a smear campaign against Hillary.

It wasn't an investigation. It was a smear campaign against Hillary.

I don't think it even was a smear campaign against Hillary as much as it was the Republicans wasting time and tax payers dollars pandering to their base to try rally a few votes.

The thing that always makes me laugh about Benghazi is when it first happened, it was a 100% Obama issue, then after Obama won in 2012 it became a Obama/Hillary problem. Now we don't even hear a peep about Obama's involvement in Benghazi

Last edited:
Not that answering this question would have stopped the GOP from continuing on with this crap...but had they stated who called for the military to "stand down" would have gone a long way to shut down the GOP on this matter. We know it wasn't Hillary, she didn't have that call...was it Obama? quite possibly, or various military leadership...why not just answer the damn question and then move on. I never understood the problem with that question....seemed pretty straight forward to me. SOMEONE had to make the decision....they didn't come up with it on their own.

That was really the only question I had with the whole thing....

The rest was just stupid political speak, everyone knew that it was a planned attack, they should have just stated that from the beginning. When will democratic leadership learn that their trying to make something "look better" only leads to stupidity on the part of the GOP trying to make something "look bad"....they both end up looking stupid. IMO, the only findings that the GOP found were that the leadership at the executive level's talking points on the situation were STUPID....well hell we already knew that, waste of time and money.