Console Wars

CJ

Sidekick
Reaction score
Console Wars, the non-fiction novel by Blake J. Harris on Nintendo and Sega's rivalry throughout the 1990s, is in development as a limited TV series,Deadline reports. It will be produced by Legendary Television, behind the upcoming Netflix series Lost in Space, and Seth Rogen's Point Grey Pictures. There's no word yet on whether it will air on a network or streaming platform.

'Console Wars' novel is being developed into a TV series

It would be cool if FX or HBO picked this up.

Well I'm glad it will be a miniseries. That seems to be the best format.

Will they have to change the names of all the companies?

Will they have to change the names of all the companies?

I seriously doubt it.

The entirety of the story revovles around not just the names Sega and Nintendo, but the products they made. Sega Genesis, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Nintendo, Super Mario World. They even touch on the ESRB and Mortal Kombat in the book as well.

I seriously doubt it.

The entirety of the story revovles around not just the names Sega and Nintendo, but the products they made. Sega Genesis, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Nintendo, Super Mario World. They even touch on the ESRB and Mortal Kombat in the book as well.

I know about Console Wars, but I'm asking about using Nintendo names, games, footage, and trademarks, etc. Do they have to get legal permission to use all that?

Reactions: CJ
Because this is retelling of a time in history, pertaining to gaming and its impact on business & pop culture, I don't think Nintendo can legally do anything about it.

But I could be wrong.

Nice, I reckon it has a ton of potential really. It can appeal to the mad men and geeky communities. Plus it’s actually an amazing story and it’ll make you think about how our favourite characters are created and marketed

Can’t wait, this looks fabulous. If it’s anything as good as Netflix’s doco on gaming this will be wonderful

Pretty much a longer version of the Sega episode from the High Score series on Netflix

I find it good but nothing new compared to previous documentaries on the subject.

High Score was nice too but I didn't liked the "today social issues" stuff in it, they even made factual error, the guy who invented the cartridge, he did not.

Last edited:
I find it good but nothing new compared to previous documentaries on the subject.

High Score was nice too but I didn't liked the "today social issues" stuff in it, they even made factual error, the guy who invented the cartridge, he did not.

What do today's social issues have to do with the console wars of the 1990s?

What do today's social issues have to do with the console wars of the 1990s?

Exactly but in High Score they did add them (black people representation in gaming and one dealing with gender identity). Not saying it doesn't matter but I wasn't expecting that in this kind of documentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"