Constantine 2 in the works...going for hard 'R'

The acting in the movie was solid, the action was effective, the storytelling and pacing were well executed.

Also the parallels between the secular world and the spiritual world were very well done. I loved how a hidden spiritual world was explored.

And lastly the third act was great.

The middle finger was classic. :hehe:

In all sincerity, I legitimately thought the film was pretty universally dismissed. Like, you can't get a LESS grungy LESS British dude than Keanu. And Shia as Chaz? :dry: Stormare and Swinton were cool in their roles though.

What do y'all like about it?
For me, I had never seen or read any of the comics so I had no preconceived notions ahead of time. Shia aside, the rest of the cast was fantastic. Androgynous angels? Loved it. Stormare as the devil was well done. I just loved it from one end to the other. If I had read the comics I might have felt differently. I didn't really know who Constantine was supposed to be until the TV show.

It’s an example of how you can be unfaithful to the comics and still be good. Just a really stylish and well-acted film with shots that are forever burned into my memory.
It's like they aren't even related. I can easily treat the movie and the show/ comics as two separate entities with very similar themes and enjoy both.

In all sincerity, I legitimately thought the film was pretty universally dismissed. Like, you can't get a LESS grungy LESS British dude than Keanu. And Shia as Chaz? :dry: Stormare and Swinton were cool in their roles though.

What do y'all like about it?
If they're stupid enough to bring back Shia as well... Then *Bane voice* You have my permission to rage.

You know what, y'all have convinced me to give it another chance. Only watched it once and was mostly just pissed about how wrong Keanu and Shia were in their roles. I'll add it to my '31 Nights of Halloween' list.

You know what, y'all have convinced me to give it another chance. Only watched it once and was mostly just pissed about how wrong Keanu and Shia were in their roles. I'll add it to my '31 Nights of Halloween' list.

Once you know that Reeves isn't Constantine but judge it for what it is, he's quite good in it and you can enjoy him more.

Last edited:
Currently rewatching the first movie. Man, this still holds up really well! I love how stylish it is and Reeves is of course awesome in it. I loved this movie back in the day and I still do now.

Excited as I am about this being revived, Akiva Goldsman and JJ Abrams' involvement does not inspire confidence. Very little from Bad Robot as of recent has, really.

Looking forward to this—especially if Swinton shows up even for a quick cameo.

Excited as I am about this being revived, Akiva Goldsman and JJ Abrams' involvement does not inspire confidence. Very little from Bad Robot as of recent has, really.

Then again, Francis Lawrence is coming back to direct, and he has a pretty solid track record. Maybe it could go either way, but I feel better about this with him on board then if he wasn’t. He’s definitely no pushover, journeyman hire.

I liked the first but the story could have been more Interesting to me. The transitions from hell to the real world was probably as clean and easy to follow as they could have done to the average moviegoer.

I didn’t care for the first one. I couldn’t see Reeves as John Constantine. And I am definitely NOT a fan of the character from the comics. But I too might give it another shot by ignoring the stark differences from the source material.

This was definitely a power move by Zaslav. On its own, a Constantine movie wouldnt be a draw for mass audiences but a Constantine movie starring John Wick? THAT will get butts in seats. Theoretically.

My wife and I happened to rewatch Constantine last week. I thought it was pretty good in 2005, and I’ve liked it more every time I’ve watched it. There’s care and attention in the filmmaking that feels missing from movies now. I’m so excited that we’re getting another.

This was definitely a power move by Zaslav. On its own, a Constantine movie wouldnt be a draw for mass audiences but a Constantine movie starring John Wick? THAT will get butts in seats. Theoretically.

I wonder if they’ll retrofit it to the DCEU or keep it in its own pocket.

This also just lends credence to the idea that Zaslav ain’t planning to do any hard reboots to the DCEU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"