Contest Of Marvels Discussion Thread

Actually by my estimation I'm thinking the final match of that bracket will be Hyperion Vs Thanos. That'll be tough!

JewishHobbit said:
Actually by my estimation I'm thinking the final match of that bracket will be Hyperion Vs Thanos. That'll be tough!

Yeah, you guys will all be underestimating Molecule Man. Don't forget, even Doom knew to kiss his ash in Secret Wars!

Yeah, but is the Reece in this thing the one with the mental blocks or without them?

I don't know anything about the character. What is his normal state... with or without?

Just for people that don't recognize that Flatman was on the list of characters...he's traded place with Eros on your brackets; because, Eros is the same as Starfox, who fought last week.

JewishHobbit said:
I don't know anything about the character. What is his normal state... with or without?

Well, last I saw of him, he had mental blocks before Secret Wars, but then fell in love and became a force of good ... eventually killing Klaw. Here is a kind of funny write-up on him.

http://www.ludickid.com/112803.htm

Here is another, which explains that before he was unable to effect living creatures, but that is no longer the case.

http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-M/MoleculeMan.htm

If anyone has any info or pics for Llyron or Tigershark, could you get them for me?

Thanks,

Phaed

Ask and you shall receive...

Llyron.jpg
TigerShark.jpg

Juggernaut could take him.he was my character but ive dropped out now.although i dont think my squad has had a battle yet so i could join in.hmmm.whens week three start?

Sparta* said:
Ask and you shall receive...

Llyron.jpg
TigerShark.jpg

Wow,.. that looks nothing like tigershark, not how I know him to be anyhow. I guess it's him but huh?

Okay,... all brackets are made and posted in the first post of each thread. Go check them out if you haven't. Go ahead and start making your predictions now!

JewishHobbit said:
Wow,.. that looks nothing like tigershark, not how I know him to be anyhow. I guess it's him but huh?

Hey, I thought Llyron was a girl.

Nightwing said:
Juggernaut could take him.he was my character but ive dropped out now.although i dont think my squad has had a battle yet so i could join in.hmmm.whens week three start?

I believe you had some matches this week. Do you want me to set you up again? It wouldn't take me too much time.

Phaedrus45 said:
I believe you had some matches this week. Do you want me to set you up again? It wouldn't take me too much time.

If you want set up again, you have the following matches:

Silver Sable match in Bracket #5
Moon Knight in Bracket #6 .... vs. Ikaris (you'll really have to debate that one!)
Pyro in Bracket #6 vs. Fabian Cortez (got a good chance with that one.)
Rhino in Bracket #7 vs. hehehehe Puck. (That one looks pretty damn good!)

OK, as I've been going through my extras, I have found this following collection to the winner of this game. You have the choice to choose something else you might like, but thought this is a pretty good Marvel pack.

Unless otherwise noted, the winner of the Contest of Marvels will win:

Uncanny X-Men #250-258
Uncanny X-Men #260-263
Uncanny X-Men #265-266

I was worried, but I've examined all the books, and they all seem to be in NM condition...VF would be the worst...but, I didn't notice any problems with the books. For those of you who don't know, X-Men 266 is the gem in the collection, being the first full appearance of Gambit (Wizard currently has it listed as $60.00 and Mile High at $90.00 with no copies in stock.) Plus, you are getting the first appearance of the new Psylocke with issue #256.

As I've said, I have other comics, and if you already have these in your collection, you will be free to choose from some others, like a pretty much complete collection of the Death of Superman.

Again, good luck, guys,

Phaed

Phaedrus45 said:
OK, as I've been going through my extras, I have found this following collection to the winner of this game. You have the choice to choose something else you might like, but thought this is a pretty good Marvel pack.

Unless otherwise noted, the winner of the Contest of Marvels will win:

Uncanny X-Men #250-258
Uncanny X-Men #260-263
Uncanny X-Men #265-266

I was worried, but I've examined all the books, and they all seem to be in NM condition...VF would be the worst...but, I didn't notice any problems with the books. For those of you who don't know, X-Men 266 is the gem in the collection, being the first full appearance of Gambit (Wizard currently has it listed as $60.00 and Mile High at $90.00 with no copies in stock.) Plus, you are getting the first appearance of the new Psylocke with issue #256.

As I've said, I have other comics, and if you already have these in your collection, you will be free to choose from some others, like a pretty much complete collection of the Death of Superman.

Again, good luck, guys,

Phaed

Sounds good man. That first Gambit is a gem and if I'm not mistaken that Psylocke story is the first ever Jim Lee on X-Men,.. also priced quite nicely. (though I could be wrong on that). I do have all those but I sure wouldn't mind having extra copies!

:eek: Wow those are some awesome comics. I guess I am going to have to try a little harder if I want them.

I am unfamiliar on what are the arcs/storylines for those comics. Can you tell me?

JewishHobbit said:
Sounds good man. That first Gambit is a gem and if I'm not mistaken that Psylocke story is the first ever Jim Lee on X-Men,.. also priced quite nicely. (though I could be wrong on that). I do have all those but I sure wouldn't mind having extra copies!

I was hoping to have a 1st Jim Lee extra copy to add in, but that is issue 248. Missed by two. The funny thing is about less than five years ago I found these X-Men comics for around $1.00 each at half priced books. That's why I was worried they might not be in the greatest condition, but was happy to see they looked fine.

As for the storylines in these books, I can hardly remember much about them. Like most of my comics, I have only read them once. (Now, I look at these 14 boxes of DC comics I bought off this guy for $20.00 a long box and wonder when I'm ever going to have a chance to read these things. Part of me says, "Sell them, they will just sit around." But, the other part says, "It's so nice to have them in your collection. Keep them.")

Awww I was looking at the next round and I don't have anybody....:( However the following week I have 4 matches. Man I didn't luck out this first round I think all my matches are against owners. I wouldn't mind having a couple of easy matches....It would be a nice change of pace...lol

BTW I keep informed of all my matches but I didn't get a message telling me that I had Scorpion fighting this week. Have you guys given that up or was I just left out?

powderman said:
BTW I keep informed of all my matches but I didn't get a message telling me that I had Scorpion fighting this week. Have you guys given that up or was I just left out?

No, I'm sorry. With all the working I've been doing this week (75 hours!!!!), I didn't have time to get to it; and, being in a rush, I know I tend to make mistakes. I was hoping people would be able to check up on it themselves. I promise, I'll send out notices from now on if it's what people prefer.

Phaed

Personally, sending me a notice isn't really necessary; I can check the threads when the new matches are put up. :up:

Agreed like I said, I check what matches are ahead of time anyways. Since I already know I am matchless next week and the following week I have professor X, Hercules, Shriek (this one is really tough) against Death's Head's Death's Head, and....I can't thin of the last one...maybe Wonderman.

I am just curious if they have stopped altogether because I wonder if everyone knows that.

Hey, did you guys check out X-Men #173 this week? A pretty good issue, and it has some of the kids sitting around talking about dream matches between various X-Men. It reminded me so much of the hype! "Wolverine versus the Beast ... Animal cunning meets brute strength..." Loved it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"