Blizzard (WOLVERINE25TH) bio

vs.

Sasquatch (MIDNIGHT ICE) bio

Match 2:

Dazzler (ZOKEN) bio

vs.

Mastermind (DARTHPHERE) bio

LOCATION REMINDER:

This week's battles take place on the Blue Area of the Moon.

An artificial, self-sustaining Earthlike environment on the far side of The Moon, the Blue Area was created roughly 100,000 years ago as part of a competition between two alien races, the Kree and the Cotati. The Skrulls moderated this contest, whose goal was to determine the worthiness of both races by discovering which could create a more suitable habitation. The Skrulls changed later on, becoming warmongers. The Cotati won the contest by creating a long-term sustainable ecosystem, but the Kree angrily rebelled and overthrew the Skrulls, stole their starship, and initiated the millennia-long conflict now known as the Kree-Skrull War.
Its Role in Storylines
The Blue Area has played a pivotal role in many events of the Marvel Universe. It was the site of the first battle between the Fantastic Four and the Red Ghost. It is also the home of Uatu the Watcher. For many years, it was the location of Attilan, home city of the Inhumans. But it is perhaps best known as the site of the epic ending to the Dark Phoenix Saga, where, to prevent herself from endangering any more lives, Jean Grey committed suicide.
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Area_%28comics%29"

Mastermind defeats Dazzler

Classicx31.png

Mastermind, a mutant who can project illusions against Dazzler, whose power is to turn sound into light. The location battle is the Blue Area of the Moon and really provides no certain advantage to any individual in this matchup. Simply put, Dazzler is usually regarded as a joke, but I will not do so. However its clear that she is the underdog in this matchup.

Easily said and done, Mastermind creates an illusion in which multiple outcomes are possible. He either subdues her, or kills her by making her go off into space. Were talking about a character in Mastermind that was able to harness the power of the Phoenix and made her join the Hellfire Club inducing the Dark Phoenix.

Also, one thing to consider, not knowing the exact shape of things on the Blue Area of the Moon, there is no sound in space. Therefore, Dazzler has no catalyst for her powers. Though as I said, not knowing the exact shape of the Ble Area of the Moon its shouldnt factor into your decision.

In closing, Dazzler is clearly overmatched here and Mastermind being a much higher level mutant should be able to take this match quite easily.

Triumphant Underdog

Dazzler is the underdog in this match, Yes. However, with one day's preptime, she can appropriately prepare. She will know her enemy, meaning she will know to expect illusions and deceptions, making her perhaps smart enough NOT to believe her eyes and ears.

Since her powers are based on sound and light, she might be able to weed out what sounds are real by which ones give her a charge. Allisons's has always worn a suit that was made to store sound energy for just such an occasion.

Mastermind isn't the only one who can bedazzle and ensnare. a few nice bright flashes of light could emit screams to help her find the real target. also, she has an offensive power, where mastermind does not. She can focuse her light emmissions into lasers, allowing her a chance to get him in a ranged attack.

Strong Guy vs. Green Goblin

GG takes this fight. Given his his lack of good eye sight, all it would take is a nice pumpkin bomb explosion to make him near blind. Superhumans like Spider-man rely on their superior reaction times and wits to defeat the Goblin, and if Norman rids SG of that, his chances of victory are very low.

To add insult to injury, if by some chance poor Norman looses his glider and has to fight SG in close quarters combat, Norman's healing factor would allow him to go toe-to-toe with the big guy for quite sometime, and one has to ask themselves this: Could Strong Guy defeat Norman without weapons, and without his optimal eyesight before his body is overwhelmed by kinetic energy?

Alternate Dazzler Vs. Mastermind Fight.

She shows up in her old disco out fit complete with loud make-up and disco ball pendant and rollerskates. Mastermind is so buity laughing his ass off that she takes off a skate and chucks it at his head. While he's busy ponder, "Honestly, who throws a skate?" she flashes him to make his head pop off.

This is a good warmup match for Strong Guy to get into this tournament with. A tough opponent that he can still beat.

First I'll say that it's unlikely Norman would be able to get any information on Guido, while, if nothing else, Guido could learn all he needs about Norman from old issues of the Daily Bugle.

So, without knowledge of his opponent, Normal will probably fall back on the classic tactic of flying around on his glider and raining down pumpkin bombs on Guido. What he wouldn't know is that the energy of the blasts would do nothing but pump Guido up.

Of course, this leads us to the problem of Strong Guy overcharging since Norman would keep out of his grasp. But Guido would do what he always does when charged too high, punch the ground, stomp the ground, hit anything to release the his energy.

And if Guido takes his power out on a building or other structure, he may get himself some hefty material to through at the Goblin, gving him another outlet for the built up energy.

Eventually, Norman's going to use up his weapons and have to take on Strong Guy himself. He could try ramming Guido with his glider, but Strong Guy would probably shrug off the impact and use it on Norman, who's now in range of his fists.

And in hand-to-hand combat, I have to give it to Strong Guy. He's an experienced hand-to-hand fighter as it is, and he'd redirect the energy of any blows Norman may land, meaning the Goblin probably wouldn't be able to hurt him, even with his bumped up strength.

Now, Norman can also take a punch and heal quickly, but we're talking about punches from a mutant that was strong enough to take on the Hulk. And even though Norman is fast, Guido would probably only need to connect once to turn the fight on his side. Strong Guy even could take the fight indoors and bring the building down around him. He'd survive (he's had buildings fall on him before), but Norman would probably be in a bad way afterwards.

To sum up, I'm not sure what Norman could do that would seriously hurt Guido, but there's plenty Strong Guy can do to take the Goblin out of the fight.

Strong Guy wins.

Rebuttle

wiegeabo said:

This is a good warmup match for Strong Guy to get into this tournament with. A tough opponent that he can still beat.

First I'll say that it's unlikely Norman would be able to get any information on Guido, while, if nothing else, Guido could learn all he needs about Norman from old issues of the Daily Bugle.

Norman isn't just any ol' wierdo in a suit. He has more than enough connections to learn information about Guido; especially since Guido has
worked with the government before (which earned him some of the media's attention.) If anything, Norman should have access to some of the same resources as Guido. I also doubt any Bugle article could be more descriptive than a government file, and Oscorp has had very close relations to the government.

Wiegabo said:
Of course, this leads us to the problem of Strong Guy overcharging since Norman would keep out of his grasp. But Guido would do what he always does when charged too high, punch the ground, stomp the ground, hit anything to release the his energy.

And if Guido takes his power out on a building or other structure, he may get himself some hefty material to through at the Goblin, gving him another outlet for the built up energy.

It'd only take Norman seeing him do this once to realize how he releases energy, and given the Goblin's reaction times. It'd take a hell of a lucky shot to not only hit him, but knock him of the glider. Meanwhile Norman can, and would continuously rain down missles/bullets/what have you at Guido, and I don't think he could discharge fast enough.

Counter...

Trigger said:
Norman isn't just any ol' wierdo in a suit. He has more than enough connections to learn information about Guido; especially since Guido has
worked with the government before (which earned him some of the media's attention.) If anything, Norman should have access to some of the same resources as Guido. I also doubt any Bugle article could be more descriptive than a government file, and Oscorp has had very close relations to the government.

Possible, but not guaranteed. Whereas Guido could find out more than enough about Norman from easy to access sources. JJJ would make sure every little detail about Osborn and the Goblin he could dig up would be in his paper (and that's just one way Guido could get info. He may have access to government files as well).

Trigger said:
It'd only take Norman seeing him do this once to realize how he releases energy, and given the Goblin's reaction times. It'd take a hell of a lucky shot to not only hit him, but knock him of the glider. Meanwhile Norman can, and would continuously rain down missles/bullets/what have you at Guido, and I don't think he could discharge fast enough.

Punching or stomping is only one way for Guido to discharge. Just the act of running from airborne attacks could do it. Not to mention throwing large chunks of debris caused by the explosins (or by Guido hitting/running through a building to get rid of some of the energy. Strong Guy could even put his energy into a good jump and try to grab Norman in the air. If Guido misses, energy expended. If he connects, Gobby's going to be in for a world of hurt.

And it wouldn't be obvious to Norman how Guido is resisting his attacks. From Gobby's perspective, Strong Guy may just be resistant to the bombs and bullets, and he's punching objects to get stuff to throw, not necessarily to discharge extra energy.

It's the classic situation where you have a fast mover against a strong guy (pun intended). The fast mover can't do a lot of damage (relatively) with each attack, but can attack a lot (until he runs out of ammo). The fast mover may be able to dodge a lot of the strong guy's attacks, but Strong Guy only has to connect once to bring the fight onto his side.

Strong Guy wins.

IRON FIST vs. HELIX

Iron Fist has the unfortunate luck of being a physical combatant. Unfortunate because Helix is a hyper-adaptoid that can instantaneously and automatically respond to any stimuli in his environment, especially attacks. His body can devlop armor or weaponry as needed. Add to that his incredible strength and Iron Fist is in for a tango.

Despite all his training, there's no way Fist can possibly attack any weak points as they would become protected before he even connected. And even if he could connect, it would be most likely Helix would simply adapt and regenrate to overcome it. And his special punch? Again, instant armor.

The only way thus far to defeat Helix is to stop fighting him as he'll revert to normal without stimuli, but then there's no way to give him the final blow without activating his power again. Single handedly, Helix gave the New Warriors AND Scarlet Spider trouble, despite all their combined powers. Iron Fist? He's met his match.

WINNER: HELIX

BLIZZARD vs. SASQUATCH

Battle of the brains! Blizzard is no match for Sas' brawn, but he is an accomplished engineer. Utilizing the stuff found in and around Uatu's lair it's possible he could fashion something to help give him an edge over Sas or increase his powers. All technology has the same rudamentary base.

Sas is durable but not invulnerable. Bilzz can fire ice bullets out from his costume and use them to wound Sas if he can connect. And while Sas may be Canadian, Blizz can pour on the cold to slow down his muscles and make him sluggish and more vulnerable. Or, possibly, he could freeze the air around him to encase him in a block of ice.

For Sas' strength, defensive ice shields. For Sas' agility, freezing the ground where he'd land to keep him off balance. Blizz can be one slippery customer to give Sas enough grief to tire him out and let him come in for the KO.

WINNER: BLIZZARD

*Helix (he just flat out overpowers Iron Fist)

*Strong Guy (I think this would be a very close match, the only way I see GG hurting Strong Guy is if he makes him absorb too much energy, something Strong Guy just won't let happen. Whereas I can see a number of ways where Strong Guy can hurt GG.)

*Blizzard (Another close match, but I think that Blizzard's freezing techniques would be enough to slow down Sasquatch so blizzard could put him down for good. Also, nobody debated for Sasquatch.

*MasterMind

Helix (yay, go Clone Saga Era Characters!)
Strong Guy (He has strength, but he also has speed. Spidey even managed to be shocked by how fast he is during the Infinity Crusade)
Dazzler (This one was tough for me, but in the end I think Dazzler can take it)
Blizzard (Sasquatch had a chance at this one, but Wolvie did a good writie up and I decided to go with it).

Helix
Green Goblin (I'm a spidey geek :o, norman would find a way!)
Dazzler (Underdog:heart: )
Sasquatch

Helix
Strong Guy - I think Guido has more of a shot of taking down Goblin than the other way around.
Blizzard
Mastermind - I think Mastermind has enough of an advantage to take Dazzler down.

Helix
Strong Guy
Mastermind
Blizzard - want to go with Sasquatch on this but I do think Wolv deserves the vote as he made the effort

Results so far:

Helix currently beating Iron Fist 8-0
Strong Guy currently beating Green Goblin 7-1
Blizzard currently beating Sasquatch 5-3
Mastermind currently beating Dazzler 6-2

-Iron Fist (This battle took me awhile to decide because either one could come out with a victory but seeing some of Iron Fists moves I think he could take him.)

-Strong Guy

-Sasquatch (Sasquatch is the beast, litterally. He use the cool of Canada so Blizzard really couldn't freeze him and he's got the strength to rip him in two.)

-Mastermind (He could just make her think she's deaf, then she's screwed)

Helix
Strong Guy
Blizzard
Mastermind (brave argument for the useless Dazzler :up:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"