Contest Of Marvels (Thread 1)

Hoo Hoo! An Opponant!!! Rebuttle time!

powderman said:
NICO VS SCORPION
I have a slight issue with a few things here.

1. Do you consider that Nico has the ability and technological know how AND resources (ie SHIELD) to do research on Scorpion? She might be able to find out basic information on him from news reports but would it give her the information to gather on his personality, strategy and weaknesses? If you can honestly say yes than I will accept it.

I had said before the tournament started that everyone entering a match would know the main basics of their opponant. Nico would know about Scorpion's tale, agility, and furociousness before the match starts same as Scorpion would know about Nico's staff,.. needing to shed blood, etc. So this is fine in my arguement and will probably help yours as well as Scorpion would know to counter this.

2. These spells (Aware, multiplicity and sleep) have they ever been used by Nico? If not, then would you not be able to conjur up any spell you want towards any opponent to fit that opponents strengths and expose their weaknesses. ie. Using the spell "Slowness" on Quicksilver debilitaing his speed or using "Weak Kitten" on the Hulk and making him a little scared fragile kitten... Although she might, in "theory", pull off these spells in real life, if there is no basis to go by then this would give you the ability to conjur the right spell at the right time through the whole tounament.

The thing about the Staff of One is that she can only use each spell once, then it's gone. So I have to come up with new ones because she can't do old ones. And she's successfully done every spell that I can think of save Raising Alex back from the dead and now it looks like that may have worked. Her diversity in her spell casting is one of the reasons why I wanted her so much and had her high on my list. She's basically the answer to any problem :) She would have problems probably if it was a spert of the moment fight but the 24 hour preptime really helps her prepare and do well,.. having the spells in mind already as I did in this match.

Now some rebuttles to your story. The first thing is that Nico only takes a second to get the staff. A realistic estimation of maybe 4 to 5 seconds. Scorpion is definately fast but unless he appears right beside her that's gonna be tough getting to her before she cuts herself. And even if she has other spells planed it only takes a second to see someone coming at you to say "Shield" or "Away" or something like that to deflect the quick attack,... leading back into my previous spells planned winning me the match :)

And You don't have to kill your opponant to win,.. just incompasitate them. Scorpion sleeping or locked in a metal block he can't escape, or whatever, is enough to win the match. Scorpion is a fighter but Nico is very recourceful in what she can do in a match,.. and in many cases it's the resorceful thinkers who will win the match.

Winner - Nico Minoru

powderman said:
I am sorry, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious. But no, Runaways were never a consideration of my collection.

A little bit of both. I think someone said it has 27 threads devoted to it? It always seems to get a bunch of 10/10 in the Bought/Thought threads; I usually give it about an 8/10. I'm not as hyped about it as others.

JewishHobbit said:
Wow,.. creative I'll give you but dude,.... that's stretching :)

Hyperion (Exiles) Vs Cardiac

Hyperion breaks Cardiac's neck while smiling about it.

Winner - Hyperion (Exiles)

Oh, God....that had me laughing so hard. This might be JH's shortest debate!

JewishHobbit said:
Hey now,.... I get the impression that ol' Bugs would still pick it oddly just to be caniving

We need Bugs vs. Daffy! I pick Daffy!!!!

powderman said:
Hmmm although I agree that the pyramid is a stretch. The fact that he stuck his staff inside him, this would be very interesting. Although his outside is tough as nails the inside of him would more than likely be weaker. A severe shock directly to his system might be enough to cause severe internal injuries either to his heart or respiratory system. No matter how tough you are, you are at least ten times weaker on the inside....Still a stretch but an interesting and creative

The one thing that Cardiac would have in an advantage over Hyperion is that Hyperion always seems to let a lot of his foes get the first hit as he's telling them how doomed they are. It's just, they usually don't get to go for a second.

Omega Red vs Mesmero

Like I said before, Omega Red's a trained super killer with skills that rival a super-soldier's. He wouldn't need to see Mesmero to kill him. He could lash out randomly with his tenticles and, once contact is made, drain his lifeforce.

Just getting near Mesmero will allow Omega to kill him with his pheromones. Mesmero can inflict pain without making eye contact, but Omega is very use to pain and can ignore it.

Omega Red wins

Eh, I added the pyramid fer effect. I said it didn't penetrate him...just thought it'd be a nice li'l FU move. If my guy was gonna lose (an' he so totally is) I'm gonna get in an FU move.

An' Powder, I'd rather it be my bigger guys 'cause at least then I c'n put up a decent fight in th' numbers.

Phaedrus45 said:
We need Bugs vs. Daffy! I pick Daffy!!!!

Are you kidding! Bugs will ALWAYS be one up on Daffy. Bugs rocks!!!! Only the little Grimlin thing gets one up on Bugs! THAT'S IT!!!

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Eh, I added the pyramid fer effect. I said it didn't penetrate him...just thought it'd be a nice li'l FU move. If my guy was gonna lose (an' he so totally is) I'm gonna get in an FU move.

Can't blame you there,... always good to get an FU move in there! And because I'm a fan of Cardiac I'm okay with it! Won't vote for ya.... but I'm okay with it.

NICO VS SCORPION

JewishHobbit said:
I had said before the tournament started that everyone entering a match would know the main basics of their opponant. Nico would know about Scorpion's tale, agility, and furociousness before the match starts same as Scorpion would know about Nico's staff,.. needing to shed blood, etc. So this is fine in my arguement and will probably help yours as well as Scorpion would know to counter this.

Ok I had to get refreshed on this by looking back. People should take note, this was used against me last time as a defence. As well I used it as a defense.

The thing about the Staff of One is that she can only use each spell once, then it's gone. So I have to come up with new ones because she can't do old ones. And she's successfully done every spell that I can think of save Raising Alex back from the dead and now it looks like that may have worked. Her diversity in her spell casting is one of the reasons why I wanted her so much and had her high on my list. She's basically the answer to any problem :) She would have problems probably if it was a spert of the moment fight but the 24 hour preptime really helps her prepare and do well,.. having the spells in mind already as I did in this match.

Ok but:
I also agree with this. For most people this won't be a problem but for those of you with technical or even Magical geniouses please be cautious. I don't want people just randomly coming up with some power tool at all times that's just right. I know Forge can do some amazing things and people like Reed can do some crazy stuff to,.. but please, lets be reasonable or I may just rule your idea Bullcrap! This goes toward how much you do with your Magic users and such as well. I'm hoping common sense is going to be used in this!!!! Easy way to refrain from this trap... make things that's already been shown made in the comics or just make sure it's a believable feet!!!

Has she ever used any spells directly on herself? To improve her abilities?

Like I said if you or anyone else were given the ability to cast the right spell at the right time every time then we might as well award that person the prize.

I know it's difficult but you can justify this reasoning for each and every match.

i.e. (If Galactus was in the tournament)...I use the spell "Shrink" and Galactus shrinks to the size of a walnut and Nico steps on him. The end.

[-b] WINNER NICO [-b]

Now some rebuttles to your story. The first thing is that Nico only takes a second to get the staff. A realistic estimation of maybe 4 to 5 seconds Scorpion is definately fast but unless he appears right beside her that's gonna be tough getting to her before she cuts herself. And even if she has other spells planed it only takes a second to see someone coming at you to say "Shield" or "Away" or something like that to deflect the quick attack,... leading back into my previous spells planned winning me the match :)

12.1 m/s is the fastest a human being can run that has ever been recorded. Since Scorpion is Super human, I will be conservative and say that he can run only twice as fast which would put us about 24m/second. So imagine within Nico's time of 5 seconds to pull her staff out, scorpion could be as far as 120 metres away.

Scorpion could be far away from Nico but THERE has to be a limit on how far she could cast a spell. Say again we are being conservative and she could cast a spell as far as 100m. Now that is far away, more realistically she could probably only cast as far as 50m or less.

So lets see 100m that would be about 4 seconds for Scorpion to get there. She cast her first spell right away to give her awareness. She now sees Scorpion coming in fast. At about the 50 m mark she casts her second spell because she only has about 2 seconds before Scorpion is on on top of her. This gives her the multiplicity Nico's. This slightly confuses scorpion, however at this time he is directly approaching her in a straight line since she hasn't shown any aggresion towards him. Her last spell she points her staff at him and shoots away. Scorpion is at about the 25m mark at this point and he sees her pointing the staff at him, so he quickly maneuvers and leaps up, Nico sees this but cant not do anything because she has positioned her staff and this spell is wasted on air. He comes down and continues in a straight path. Nico reabsorbs the staff but meanwhile Scorpion has knocked her to the ground since he has continued to run straight. Once he realize which one is the real Nico he picks her up and finishs her.

[OFF topic] This has never been mentioned and it always has bothered me but where do the competitors start from? I mean do they simply walk/run there from where ever they are coming from? Or are they both dropped so much distances away? ie in a battle one on each side of an arena.

And You don't have to kill your opponant to win,.. just incompasitate them. Scorpion sleeping or locked in a metal block he can't escape, or whatever, is enough to win the match. Scorpion is a fighter but Nico is very recourceful in what she can do in a match,.. and in many cases it's the resorceful thinkers who will win the match.

In many cases? (debatable) but certainly not all, you can be a master thinker (which Nico is not) and if you don't the right abilities to take care of it then you will have trouble.

WINNER SCORPION

NICO VS SCORPION

Another manuever Scorpion can use, is to sit and wait for Nico to come to him. He could lay on the ground and let the sand cover him. He could use a simple air tube to keep his breathing. and when she approaches (even with her new awareness, Spiderman is only capable to detect an exact position from a villain, to counter attack, if the villain is attacking him. She might be able to detect that there is a trouble near but she wouldn't be able to pin point an exact location. She would be on her guard and when Scorpion feels that she is close enough he leaps out of sand. This would take her by surprise and he quickly disables her and then finishes her with whatever way he wishes.

WINNER SCORPION

Nico Minoru Vs Scorpion Debate

Well when I gave that rule about rediculous creations or spells I ment it as in I don't want Forge creating a machine that when facing Magneto turns all metal surounding them into wood. Stuff like that is bogus. Using spells like making someone sleep or to create illusions are simplistic and I don't think breaking that rule at all. Now if I said that she said "Death" and he died or if she said "Comet" and a comet fell from the sky and landed on Scorpion,... that'd be a stretch. But her spells have been simple and all three I used were very simple so I don't think that that broke the rule at all. If others disagree then I encourage them to vote against her,.. but I really don't think it has.

I will say this though,.. I don't think she's ever used a spell that has effected her in any way so if she makes it past this round I will not use spells like that,.. such as making her larger or stronger, etc. So that said I'll take out the "Aware" spell of my story. Being that it's a pretty bare land though I don't think that she even needs it and it doesn't hurt my case in the slightest.

12.1 m/s is the fastest a human being can run that has ever been recorded. Since Scorpion is Super human, I will be conservative and say that he can run only twice as fast which would put us about 24m/second. So imagine within Nico's time of 5 seconds to pull her staff out, scorpion could be as far as 120 metres away.

Scorpion could be far away from Nico but THERE has to be a limit on how far she could cast a spell. Say again we are being conservative and she could cast a spell as far as 100m. Now that is far away, more realistically she could probably only cast as far as 50m or less.

So lets see 100m that would be about 4 seconds for Scorpion to get there. She cast her first spell right away to give her awareness. She now sees Scorpion coming in fast. At about the 50 m mark she casts her second spell because she only has about 2 seconds before Scorpion is on on top of her. This gives her the multiplicity Nico's. This slightly confuses scorpion, however at this time he is directly approaching her in a straight line since she hasn't shown any aggresion towards him. Her last spell she points her staff at him and shoots away. Scorpion is at about the 25m mark at this point and he sees her pointing the staff at him, so he quickly maneuvers and leaps up, Nico sees this but cant not do anything because she has positioned her staff and this spell is wasted on air. He comes down and continues in a straight path. Nico reabsorbs the staff but meanwhile Scorpion has knocked her to the ground since he has continued to run straight. Once he realize which one is the real Nico he picks her up and finishs her

My only problem with all this is that you're assuming she has to actually cut herself and get the staff out. Now we've seen on several occations when she's knowing she's going into battle she'll have the staff out already. If she knows that this match is coming she will be prepared so she will have the staff ready and all it takes then is the amount of time it takes to speak a single word, maybe two. And though she's no strategist like Cap or Cyke she is coming into her own quite well in the second volume of Runaways. Enough to plan a decent strategy at least.

Winner - Nico Muffin

This has never been mentioned and it always has bothered me but where do the competitors start from? I mean do they simply walk/run there from where ever they are coming from? Or are they both dropped so much distances away? ie in a battle one on each side of an arena.

you know I always pictured it as they appear one on each side of the playing field,.. or at least in two differant places... and then they find each other. But being that I've never made an official ruling on this I'll say do as you like. I'll probably make it a rule that you start separate after this week though so everyone knows,.. but it won't apply until next week because that just wouldn't be fair.

powderman said:
NICO VS SCORPION

Another manuever Scorpion can use, is to sit and wait for Nico to come to him. He could lay on the ground and let the sand cover him. He could use a simple air tube to keep his breathing. and when she approaches (even with her new awareness, Spiderman is only capable to detect an exact position from a villain, to counter attack, if the villain is attacking him. She might be able to detect that there is a trouble near but she wouldn't be able to pin point an exact location. She would be on her guard and when Scorpion feels that she is close enough he leaps out of sand. This would take her by surprise and he quickly disables her and then finishes her with whatever way he wishes.

WINNER SCORPION

Gotta say that I like that one... good job. But my only defense on this is that Scorpion isn't really one to wait is he? (sorry but it's been a while since I've read anything with him in it). I was thinking he's more rash to want to attack with some planning but not enough to patiently wait his prey out. At least in the issues I remember he was kinda rash. I'm specifically thinking of the issue in "Invasion of the Spider Slayers" when the robot invervened and he got annoyed and just attacked it and ended up frying his tail.

JewishHobbit said:
Well when I gave that rule about rediculous creations or spells I ment it as in I don't want Forge creating a machine that when facing Magneto turns all metal surounding them into wood. Stuff like that is bogus. Using spells like making someone sleep or to create illusions are simplistic and I don't think breaking that rule at all. Now if I said that she said "Death" and he died or if she said "Comet" and a comet fell from the sky and landed on Scorpion,... that'd be a stretch. But her spells have been simple and all three I used were very simple so I don't think that that broke the rule at all. If others disagree then I encourage them to vote against her,.. but I really don't think it has.

I will say this though,.. I don't think she's ever used a spell that has effected her in any way so if she makes it past this round I will not use spells like that,.. such as making her larger or stronger, etc. So that said I'll take out the "Aware" spell of my story. Being that it's a pretty bare land though I don't think that she even needs it and it doesn't hurt my case in the slightest.

No problem, I understand I have no real beef towards your spells, but I just want to make sure precidence is set from his point forward. To make others think more closely on what they write down.

My only problem with all this is that you're assuming she has to actually cut herself and get the staff out. Now we've seen on several occations when she's knowing she's going into battle she'll have the staff out already. If she knows that this match is coming she will be prepared so she will have the staff ready and all it takes then is the amount of time it takes to speak a single word, maybe two. And though she's no strategist like Cap or Cyke she is coming into her own quite well in the second volume of Runaways. Enough to plan a decent strategy at least.

Even if she did get the staff out early she could not cast a spell on him if Gargan is not even there. So having it out early does not benefit her much. Although like you said, she could be prepared. But as I said there has to be a limit to how far she could send a spell and it's going to take about 4-5 seconds from 100 m for Gargan to reach her. She will have great difficulty hitting a moving fast target from far distances (especially if she has never dealt with such speed before). So even when she is close to him she would still have to deal with trying to hit a fast moving target with superhuman agility and reflexes. So when Scorpion is that close she has just about one chance to fire a spell off before he reaches her. She just better pray that she hasn't used up all of her spells before reabsorbing. 'Cause when that happens it's over, she will be trying to renergize her staff and meanwhile he has gotten to her and it's over.

WINNER SCORPION

powderman said:
Even if she did get the staff out early she could not cast a spell on him if Gargan is not even there. So having it out early does not benefit her much. Although like you said, she could be prepared. But as I said there has to be a limit to how far she could send a spell and it's going to take about 4-5 seconds from 100 m for Gargan to reach her. She will have great difficulty hitting a moving fast target from far distances (especially if she has never dealt with such speed before). So even when she is close to him she would still have to deal with trying to hit a fast moving target with superhuman agility and reflexes. So when Scorpion is that close she has just about one chance to fire a spell off before he reaches her. She just better pray that she hasn't used up all of her spells before reabsorbing. 'Cause when that happens it's over, she will be trying to renergize her staff and meanwhile he has gotten to her and it's over.

WINNER SCORPION

That's if she has to use up enough spells to wear out the staff. All she needs to do is connect with one and it's over. Even if she can't hit him specifically she can deflect his attack though she better get the next one in,.. that I'll agree. So if you're bolting toward me,.. it doesn't take 4 or 5 seconds to say "Wall" or "River" or whatver it takes to block you or slow you down. Then when you slow or stop it gives her a chance to give the "sleep" spell and you're out. She won't just stand there waiting for you,.. even if it is a only a few seconds. She seems to be the sharpest one of the Runaways,.. she's not dumb enough to not defend herself as quickly as she possibly can.... as I said before,.. it only takes as long as it takes her to speak.

Winner - Nico Minoru

JewishHobbit said:
Gotta say that I like that one... good job. But my only defense on this is that Scorpion isn't really one to wait is he? (sorry but it's been a while since I've read anything with him in it). I was thinking he's more rash to want to attack with some planning but not enough to patiently wait his prey out. At least in the issues I remember he was kinda rash. I'm specifically thinking of the issue in "Invasion of the Spider Slayers" when the robot invervened and he got annoyed and just attacked it and ended up frying his tail.

Well typically when he is "engaged" and already fighting in a fight he might act rash.

However, there have been many instances where he has waited patiently (the right time to strike), to attack. Since he has already received prep-time and from his reasoning skills as a former detective he would know that Nico can cast pretty well any type of spell. So he might figure this would be the best fighting technique.

She has not battled him yet (so she is not like Spiderman). He knows nothing more about her than what he found out in the prep-time, so he hold no grudge towards Nico. This would almost be a "job" to him. Similiar to Osborn's plan to kidnap Aunt May.

He has waited many times in the shadows to attack JJ and Spiderman. So he would strategically wait for her, as he strategize to attack SHIELD or convince everyone he was insane so to be transferred to lower level security Insane Asylum, or for the right time to break out of prison (the many times).

WINNER SCORPION

I do say JH, you are a good debater. Great Job!!!

JewishHobbit said:
That's if she has to use up enough spells to wear out the staff. All she needs to do is connect with one and it's over. Even if she can't hit him specifically she can deflect his attack though she better get the next one in,.. that I'll agree. So if you're bolting toward me,.. it doesn't take 4 or 5 seconds to say "Wall" or "River" or whatver it takes to block you or slow you down. Then when you slow or stop it gives her a chance to give the "sleep" spell and you're out. She won't just stand there waiting for you,.. even if it is a only a few seconds. She seems to be the sharpest one of the Runaways,.. she's not dumb enough to not defend herself as quickly as she possibly can.... as I said before,.. it only takes as long as it takes her to speak.

Winner - Nico Minoru

But that's the real question: Can she "connect"? I am not saying it would take her long to say a spell but when does she start saying the spells? Is she saying them from long distances or in close quarters? If there was a wall that she conjured, then she wouldn't be able to hit him either if he is on the other side. If there was a river than he would reform his attack and she would still have to hit a moving target from a great distance and she has already wasted one spell.

Sorry it's hard to debate without an idea of which spells you are using. I just imagine her using a spell or two to try and slow, debilitate or confuse Scorpion and only one to actually attack. (by what you have been saying)

So if she only has one to actually hit him (to debilitate/knockout) than I just have a hard time believing Scorpion can be hit by her spell if he can avoid Spiderman's techniques but he can't out maneuver her. Especially since she is still young, inexperienced and hasn't shown much highly effective/powerful spells.

WINNER SCORPION

Hmm,... here's a thought. What if while he's leaping toward her she uses a "Gravity" spell where he'd instantly slam against the ground as if a force hit him in the back. He may role toward her or maybe he hits so hard he just impales into the sand,.. he may be winded. Then all she'd have to do is capitolize, which takes a second and boom... "Sleep" baby!

Nico has Scorpion chops!

powderman said:
I do say JH, you are a good debater. Great Job!!!

And thanks,.. you're dang good yourself. I was sure there wasn't much Scorpion can do against Nico after her prep time and planned spells but you're making me sweat here. I really have no idea who's gonna win between us. :up:

Vote Hobbit 2005

JewishHobbit said:
Hmm,... here's a thought. What if while he's leaping toward her she uses a "Gravity" spell where he'd instantly slam against the ground as if a force hit him in the back. He may role toward her or maybe he hits so hard he just impales into the sand,.. he may be winded. Then all she'd have to do is capitolize, which takes a second and boom... "Sleep" baby!

Nico has Scorpion chops!

OK but we are forgetting that scorpion can shoot out acid and a bio Electric Sting as well and it only takes him a second to shoot it. When dodging her first spell he could use his tail to shoot out as far as Nico can cast a spell. So he hits her and kills her, she hits him and he gets knocked down and winded. But comes to and sees Nico dead.

WINNER: SCORPION just laid the SMACKDOWN

JewishHobbit said:
And thanks,.. you're dang good yourself. I was sure there wasn't much Scorpion can do against Nico after her prep time and planned spells but you're making me sweat here. I really have no idea who's gonna win between us. :up:

Vote Hobbit 2005

That's the thing about this, we will have to see. The worse is we still have 2 days more of debating...

A Vote for Powderman, is a vote for POWdER. Vote Powderman 2005

This political message has been brought to you by the Powderman campaign.

Nico VS Scorpion

By the way, this is what I imagine what the outcome would look like. (also backs up my claim that Gargan can sit and wait under the sand)

He has waited under the sand for the right opportunity and now without her awareness ability (as JH mentioned he would remove) she is even more vulnerable. She gets close enough, he jumps out of the sand, (the sudden burst takes her by surprise since she had no knowledge he was nearby) and zaps her without her even counter attacking.

scorpion.jpg

WINNER SCORPION

Jeffries vs. LLyron

Man, Llyron and Namor sure have it bad this week stuck in the desert. Still, although I don't have a history of Llyron, I think he's more skilled and stronger than Jeffies. Now, I take it Jeffries will have Box with him, but he's one of those "reluctant mutants." Llyyron goes for the quick kill and takes out Jeffries by avoiding box. The quicker he does it, the better.

Winner - Llyron

wiegeabo said:
Omega Red vs Mesmero

Like I said before, Omega Red's a trained super killer with skills that rival a super-soldier's. He wouldn't need to see Mesmero to kill him. He could lash out randomly with his tenticles and, once contact is made, drain his lifeforce.

Just getting near Mesmero will allow Omega to kill him with his pheromones. Mesmero can inflict pain without making eye contact, but Omega is very use to pain and can ignore it.

Omega Red wins
That doesn't mean eye contact won't be made. It's so easy to think that Mesmero shouldn't give the X-Men any trouble, and be a real threat since he needs to make eyecontact. It's just such an easy thing to do.

It all depends on that.

Winner=Mesmero

powderman said:
OK but we are forgetting that scorpion can shoot out acid and a bio Electric Sting as well and it only takes him a second to shoot it. When dodging her first spell he could use his tail to shoot out as far as Nico can cast a spell. So he hits her and kills her, she hits him and he gets knocked down and winded. But comes to and sees Nico dead.

WINNER: SCORPION just laid the SMACKDOWN

Who says Scorpion can dodge a magic attack? Has he dodged one previously? Not every spell comes from Nico's staff as a lazer or anything like that. He could just hit like an invisible wall and slam down into the dirt,.. tail and all,.. meaning if he sprays he'd burn his own butt. Nico still gets her sleep spell in.

Nico wins burnt scorpion buns!

JewishHobbit said:
Who says Scorpion can dodge a magic attack? Has he dodged one previously? Not every spell comes from Nico's staff as a lazer or anything like that. He could just hit like an invisible wall and slam down into the dirt,.. tail and all,.. meaning if he sprays he'd burn his own butt. Nico still gets her sleep spell in.

Nico wins burnt scorpion buns!

One thing before I start, although I agree that he has never had to face a magic attack, I could counter that claim by saying that (I don't believe) she has ever faced someone with superhuman speed, agility and reflexes. This could overwhelm her on how fast he moves and maneuvers. Her spell may not come out as a direct lazer each time but she has to have a limit to her spell powers (distance, height and width). Her spells can not be an infinite power expanding to an unlimited usage. However, her exact limitation would be impossible to determine, you would have to agree that there must be a limitation.

Back to the Match
OK I give you this, with an unlimited ability to create spells it would make her quite invincible. As such, I am not even sure what sequence of spells you are using so I can attempt this counter attack.

So lets try this one, knowing prior to the match that Nico will be using a combination of any spell. He draws up three seperate simple strategies.

1. The hide strategy: (which was explained previously) He would take cover by hiding in the sand, digging a trench or hole and using a basic camouflage tarp to hide his whereabouts. Once Nico explores the terrain, she would be thinking that she would spot Scorpion long before he would approach her. Once she gets close enough all he has to is get the jump on her, this would catch her by surprise since she was not expecting him to be that close and he simply finishes her with either using his tail or just snapping her neck.

2. The Cat and Mouse strategy: Knowing that her sole manner to attack is using her spells, he pretends to do a frontal attack, and soon as she whips out the wand and fires away, he counters by heading the opposite direction and/or away from the attack. This would be extremely useful if she casts the hidden wall spell, because this would have absolutely no effect on him. It might confuse him on what she casted, but that's all. He does this two more times and Nico is left helpless and she needs to reabsorb the staff. Meanwhille scorpion comes back full force (since he knows her weakness from the briefing) and slays her with ease.

3. Sniper Strategy: Although this has been forgotten, deserts are not simply a flat surface. Deserts have dunes, dips and hills throughout the area. Scorpion would use this and scout out a location that would give him a height advantage, cover and protection. He would wait for her to come near enough and shoot a blast with his tail. Scorpion has hit with deadly accuracy in the past and this would not be any different since she is unaware of the impending doom, she does not try to move until it's too late. Even if somehow he misses with his first blast, he would not simply stop there but he would continue on firing away. Any counter attacks by Nico would be blocked by the cover and protection of his hide out. Eventually Scorpion would get her, it would simply be a matter of time.

WINNER SCORPION

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"