Continuity Police: Your favorite movie mistakes

The Matrix Reloaded has some big ones not to mention Mary-Janes hand at the end of the funeral scene in Spiderman that one drives me nuts.

Not to say these two are my favorites but two that I know of the moment I saw it.

yAq38dw.jpg

JM9UjC8.jpg

The second picture is an excellent example of a continuity error.

The first one is a movie error, and a kind of funny one, but not a continuity error.

In Star Wars: A New Hope, when Luke is talking to Aunt Beru, there are bushes next to where he is standing. Then when he turns around to join his Uncle Owen with the jawas, the bushes are gone.

When Ben Kenobi goes to get Anakin's lightsaber to give to Luke, his robe is hanging on a hook on the wall. When Luke stands up to see what Ben has for him, the robe is gone.

When Jean Luc Picard time travels back in Generations, there should be two Picards running around!

Edit: Fast and The Furious 6 having the world's longest airpot runway!

Last edited:
^^^
But that's just crappy writing isn't it? ;)

Yes it is. Examples of crappy writing should be saved for another thread. Continuity errors are when props (watches, dead bodies, etc) are in the scene for one shot, then magically disappear in the next, and then reappear in the following shot.

Example: in Braveheart, when William Wallace rescues Murran from the British soldiers and sends her to their secret getaway, then he steals a soldier's uniform and escapes himself. When he leaves town he's carrying a sword. When he's running through the woods on the way to the grove, the sword's gone (not just tucked in his belt or anything, just gone). Then when he arrives at the grove expecting to see Murran waiting for him, he once again is carrying the sword and sticks it in the dirt.

Later in the same movie, right at the beginning of The Battle Of Sterling, when the British and Scottish armies are charging towards each other. In one shot William Wallace is carrying his warhammer/pickaxe. In the next, his hands are empty. Then he's carrying the pick/hammer again. Then nothing. Then he's carrying that big ass claymore of his (although for the claymore, one can simply assume he pulled it off his back while the cameras were focussing on the British).

Those are continuity errors.

This. Especially because you can hear it.

Yes, it is quite funny. However it is not a continuity error. Neither is the tennis shoe which stood in for an X-Wing fighter during the Death Star assault, nor the potato which stood in for an asteroid in Empire Strikes Back. Seeing Harrison Ford's reflection in the plexiglass shield used to protect the actors from flying debris in Return Of The Jedi when the rebels blew up the shield generator also isn't a continuity error.

When Uncle Owen yells at the jawa for selling him a defective R2 unit, you can see the red R2 droid still standing in the background even though it's supposed to be over by Luke all blown up. That's a continuity error.

Bumped, because I find continuity errors amusing.

Just remember, people. Accidentally catching a crewman in a shot is an error, but not a continuity error. If a person is wearing a jacket in one shot, then in the next shot they're not wearing a jacket, then in the following shot they're wearing the jacket again, THAT is a continuity error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"