Coronavirus outbreak

Everyone has almost collectively forgotten the virus is even a "thing".
I agree and it concerns me a great deal. I get that social injustice is real, but so is the reality of people dying. :(

Reactions: B
Many are acting like the pandemic is over with and as places reopen and the blm riots get more attention, convid is an after thought and it really shouldn't. It's getting better in many places but other places including the US still has daily new cases and deaths. More spikes could be coming too now

I have noticed a sharp rise in traffic & the number of people on the streets near where I live despite the fact that while the restrictions have been loosened.. there's still a lot of things shut & closed.

Good weather apparently overrides all restrictions apparently..

I have noticed a sharp rise in traffic & the number of people on the streets near where I live despite the fact that while the restrictions have been loosened.. there's still a lot of things shut & closed.

Good weather apparently overrides all restrictions apparently..

Yeah we’re still in the red phase near Philly but there’s a lot of people out and about in traffic. It’s like there’s no pandemic going on

Reactions: B
People either really think the coronavirus is a bs hoax or have accepted it as a danger but treating it like it's the flu and decided to risk it to live their lives again

Yeah we’re still in the red phase near Philly but there’s a lot of people out and about in traffic. It’s like there’s no pandemic going on

In the US the pandemic seems to have taken a back seat with all the protests & troubles going on. Given how the social distancing is basically not present during these protests, I'd expect the cases to rocket in the States within the coming weeks.

I'm pretty torn on this. Though I completely agree with what the protesters are protesting. merely weeks ago, many of us were (rightly) condemning those who went outside and violated social distancing in the name of the elderly and the immunocompromised. That now, especially among liberals(of which I count myself), the thought doesn't even occur to anyone is shock to the system for me.

At this point no one is caring anymore. It's going to cause a spike but then the whiny "I want a haircut" half of the country all but guaranteed it would anyways.

I'm pretty torn on this. Though I completely agree with what the protesters are protesting. merely weeks ago, many of us were (rightly) condemning those who went outside and violated social distancing in the name of the elderly and the immunocompromised. That now, especially among liberals(of which I count myself), the thought doesn't even occur to anyone is shock to the system for me.

Right seem to be protesting for freedom.

Left protesting for justice.

The only difference is no one lost their freedom. It was/is a temporary measure meant to help everyone. No one was denied their rights. The same can't be said for the justice which has been lost for too long.

Well if all our progress is being obliterated right now, I guess the fact that it was for justice will keep us all warm and fuzzy.

Thanks though, cosplay Resistance soldiers.
Well if all our progress is being obliterated right now, I guess the fact that it was for justice will keep us all warm and fuzzy.
Once again, what do you want them to do?

You'd whine and call them keyboard warriors if they stayed inside and just did virtual stuff. They go out, not because they want to but because of decades of build up of injustice has affected most of these people so much that they can't just stay inside and let it happen.

If something didn't light a spark there wouldn't be a fire. If America didn't want this to happen, there were plenty of opportunities and chances to change some of the things in place to make it seem like they at least cared. And then we wouldn't be in this mess.

It seems like you just wanna complain to complain

Ohio Department of Health reporting that a protestor knew they had symptoms, and still attended the protest a few nights ago, has now tested positive. Sigh.

The difference is this:
  • There were people going out and violating social distancing just because they wanted to party, they wanted to do things recreationally, etc. You know, things they could obviously live without. Or they felt like the government was impeding on their rights by having stay at home orders/being told to wear masks .
  • The people violating social distance for the protests are doing so because for the *checks score board* billionth plus time America has shown that they don't care about a large segment of their population and how those who are supposed to "protect and serve" don't do so in many instances. The people serious about protesting, cleaning up after looting, etc. are doing so because it can bring change. At least a little. The little bit of good that would've happened, would not have happened if it was just people posting on their socials about it.

I feel you and agree, ideally no they wouldn't be protesting. Mass gatherings like this during a pandemic are terrible. I agree. But this is decades if not centuries of pressure being put on people now on top of everything going on with the pandemic (unemployment, being "stuck" inside, loss of loved ones). You press down on something, a lot of times it's gonna pop back up.

No this isn't ideal, but if the government would've done more not just with racial issue but even with this pandemic we wouldn't be where we are. And that's really clear and that's why these silly posts from people who clearly are misinformed whether through ignorance or just apathy just shows how whiny and ignorant people can be. And I'm not targeting your post at all.
And the funny thing is I see a lot of those silly comments from people on Twitter or even here on SuperheroHype who I see constantly complain and whine about "keyboard warriors" and stuff like that. So now people are out mobilizing and you're still complaining? Ok then.

It's simple: if America would actually do all in our government's power to fight these issues (police brutality, social economic gaps, racial injustice, wealth disparity, LGBTQ issues, feminist issues) then people wouldn't have to be out protesting. Or at least not that many. If someone wants to be whiny about something. Whine about that.

Last edited:
Florida just had their highest amount of new cases in 6 weeks... and they just reopened Universal Studios!

Disney knows what they are doing. They don't want the blame or the cost of reopening just to shut back down. So they let Universal Studios be their guinea pig.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"