Coronavirus outbreak

I ain't celebrating until it's Ike 10 new cases every couple of weeks

My aunt changed churches because the one she used to go to is... mandating masks. :doh:

****ing hell. I am absolutely going to lose a family member down in Florida because of this *******.

The galling part is Trump is setting the country up but is also kinda correct with his team floating the "Hey... It's here... Whut ya gonna do, huh?" strategy as a defense.

And looking back on many issues in the country... This could work.

We got used to school shootings and doing nothing of value to stop them and then shrugged and moved on as a society.

PM criticised over 'cowardly' care homes comments

Boris Johnson is a spineless little s**t who won’t take responsibility for his and his Governments actions literally killing thousands of elderly people by not making adequate PPE available to care homes early on.
It was a cold, calculated decision to let care homes flounder.
Why?
Because elderly people, in the Tory mindset, are just a strain and burden to all and sundry without any use.

My wife works in a care home and their whole response to the pandemic has been shambolic. And this is not an isolated incident. A friend of mine, his mother works in a care home and it has been exactly the same.
The failings are specifically due to lack of coherent Government advice and care home management ineptitude. The care workers on the front line, know exactly what should be done and are often blocked from doing so by a combination of management and lack of PPE. Only now do most care homes have anywhere near enough PPE.
There is nothing to indicate that the situation is massively different anywhere else.

Last edited:
PM criticised over 'cowardly' care homes comments

Boris Johnson is a spineless little s**t who won’t take responsibility for his and his Governments actions literally killing thousands of elderly people by not making adequate PPE available to care homes early on.
It was a cold, calculated decision to let care homes flounder.
Why?
Because elderly people, in the Tory mindset, are just a strain and burden to all and sundry without any use.

My wife works in a care home and their whole response to the pandemic has been shambolic. And this is not an isolated incident. A friend of mine, his mother works in a care home and it has been exactly the same.
The failings are specifically due to lack of coherent Government advice and care home management ineptitude. The care workers on the front line, know exactly what should be done and are often blocked from doing so by a combination of management and lack of PPE. Only now do most care homes have anywhere near enough PPE.
There is nothing to indicate that the situation is massively different anywhere else.

It really feels like the entire culture of the West you and I grew up in is just pissing away all the things that gave it such an advantage for so long. I guess the Kiwis got their **** together quick, but it feels like they are carrying the rest of the team right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"