Coronavirus outbreak

A lot of people think they're above the law if it's not really enforced. you start fining and arresting people for this stuff then you'll see.

DeWine just issued a wishy-washy kinda sorta not really 10pm curfew, and the diner right around the corner from my store with a massive Trump banner that's in continual battle with the health department for not enforcing masks or social distancing has already declared it's not abiding by it and is open until 11.

Have they explained why the half dose and then full dose is more effective than 2 full doses or is this just based on empirical observation?

DeWine just issued a wishy-washy kinda sorta not really 10pm curfew, and the diner right around the corner from my store with a massive Trump banner that's in continual battle with the health department for not enforcing masks or social distancing has already declared it's not abiding by it and is open until 11.
Fine their Fing asses and don't go light.

My brother has felt sick since yesterday. He's been out of work since wednesday, and I was over there on friday and sunday. I feel fine, as does my mother, whatever that means. He's trying to get tested so *fingers crossed*

UPDATE: he's getting tested today. the guy he works with tested positive, so I'm 99% sure my brothers got it which means I do even if I don't have symptoms.

My father has been running a fever for five days now. He went in for a Covid test on Monday but was told he wouldn't get results for 3-5 days (guessing that does not include Thanksgiving). He lives by himself in a retirement community and has a whole host of medical issues including diabetes and heart issues so I'm terrified right now.

As of today he's not had any issues with breathing (his symptoms have been a fever between 101 and 103 for five days straight, lack of appetite, and stomach issues) but everything I'm reading online says breathing issues usually start between day 5 and day 8 so the next few days are going to be pretty nervewracking. If it turns out to be Covid I have a feeling I am going to completely lose it on the next idiot I see walking around a grocery store with their mask below their mouth.

My father has been running a fever for five days now. He went in for a Covid test on Monday but was told he wouldn't get results for 3-5 days (guessing that does not include Thanksgiving). He lives by himself in a retirement community and has a whole host of medical issues including diabetes and heart issues so I'm terrified right now.

As of today he's not had any issues with breathing (his symptoms have been a fever between 101 and 103 for five days straight, lack of appetite, and stomach issues) but everything I'm reading online says breathing issues usually start between day 5 and day 8 so the next few days are going to be pretty nervewracking. If it turns out to be Covid I have a feeling I am going to completely lose it on the next idiot I see walking around a grocery store with their mask below their mouth.
day 5 and day 8 of exposure or?

Happy Corona Thanksgiving!

EnY-cBqW8AEB4-d

I see some more Ohio parts are in purple, I'm in one of them :(

'Killing Spree': DeSantis Extends Ban On Mask Enforcement Amid Florida COVID-19 Spike | HuffPost

Health experts and local leaders were stunned Wednesday when Florida’s Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis extended his order barring towns, cities, and counties from enforcing local mask mandates even amid a disturbing spike in COVID-19 cases.

DeSantis extended an earlier order prohibiting localities from fining people who refuse to wear masks, effectively rendering mandates unenforceable.

He extended the order less than a week after a bipartisan group of mayors pleaded with him to issue a statewide mask mandate. Experts widely regard masks as a simple, effective way to stem the tide of COVID-19. DeSantis is reportedly no longer taking phone calls from mayors.

Chris King, the 2018 Democratic nominee for lieutenant governor, tweeted a news story of DeSantis’ latest move with a comment calling the decision a “killing spree.”

fork Desantis.

Have they explained why the half dose and then full dose is more effective than 2 full doses or is this just based on empirical observation?

They don’t have an explanation yet given it was a “serendipitous error” according to Astra. One thought is the lower dose induces immune system priming unlike a larger initial dose which doesn’t have as much of a priming effect. However there are some serious issues with the reporting of 90%:

1) the data of 90% is based only off of 2741 study population which is really small
2) no one above the age of 55 was included in the 90% results trial

these are two major issues as on average younger than 55 yo folks generally have more robust and stronger immune systems. Also the study size is small compared to Moderna and Pfizer which smartly did include participants above 55.

The main strength of the Astra trials is that they used nasal swabbing to see if people got infected or not which is fantastic as it shows efficacy in preventing transmission, unlike pfizer and moderna which looked mainly at symptomatic development

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"