Coronavirus outbreak

tenor.gif

So I think we've gotten to a point as a society to ignore that COVID is still a threat and I chalk that up to fatigue on covering it. I know people who still wear a mask and have hand sanitizer and wipes readily available. But they're outnumbered by individuals who aren't. I still see people who don't wash their hands in the restroom who I rightfully avoid. What are world leaders going to do about it? Are they developing a yearly vaccine or not? Did they give up too?

So I think we've gotten to a point as a society to ignore that COVID is still a threat and I chalk that up to fatigue on covering it. I know people who still wear a mask and have hand sanitizer and wipes readily available. But they're outnumbered by individuals who aren't. I still see people who don't wash their hands in the restroom who I rightfully avoid. What are world leaders going to do about it? Are they developing a yearly vaccine or not? Did they give up too?
I suspect a yearly vaccine like the flu shot unless an especially ugly variant pops up.

Since I got it earlier this year I'm at a point where even though I'm only one of a few people going into the office I still wear a mask at work to protect others from getting it in case I get it because from my experience what sucks even more than catching Covid is letting anyone you were in direct contact with leading up to it that you're positive.

But I'm also a little less stressed about it now that I've had it because frankly when I've had pneumonia and the flu in the past, those wiped me out way more than Covid did and I chalk it up to the fact that I was vaccinated and boosted.

As for precautionary measures these days I don't always mask up everywhere, it's a case by case basis for me. For example if I'm in a store that's not crowded at all I might not wear it but if I'm at a packed movie theater I'll keep it on until I get to my seat. But I'm going to get the booster yearly like I do with the flu shot.

Since I got it earlier this year I'm at a point where even though I'm only one of a few people going into the office I still wear a mask at work to protect others from getting it in case I get it because from my experience what sucks even more than catching Covid is letting anyone you were in direct contact with leading up to it that you're positive.

But I'm also a little less stressed about it now that I've had it because frankly when I've had pneumonia and the flu in the past, those wiped me out way more than Covid did and I chalk it up to the fact that I was vaccinated and boosted.

As for precautionary measures these days I don't always mask up everywhere, it's a case by case basis for me. For example if I'm in a store that's not crowded at all I might not wear it but if I'm at a packed movie theater I'll keep it on until I get to my seat. But I'm going to get the booster yearly like I do with the flu shot.
Getting a booster every year is my plan as well. Why take a chance?

I wonder how many people got their yearly flu shot like I always did. Getting a yearly COVID shot is something I always expected to happen.
I've only recently been better about getting a yearly flu shot. Now I'm just going to keep pairing it with the covid booster to cover all of my bases. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"