Superman Returns Costume Comparision Threads Merged

Wilde said:
Yes, they are. However, the scale, pose and angle are much closer than the comparison picture you posted.

I know. I was hoping somebody would fix it though :o

Doomed_hero said:
Reeve Waaaaayyyyy more. Routh's suit he does not look imposing or to have any muscle at all. I still think the suit is horrible.

Ummm.. It's clear Routh has plenty of muscle :rolleyes:

EW_000.jpg

Wilde said:
Or this, a comparison of every Superman:

allsupermencopy.jpg

Good work. Did you colour the older Supermen or did you find them like that?

Pity Christopher looks grumpy.

Here is an alternate version, using a new picture of Reeve, and slightly different composition:

allsupermen2copy.jpg

Enjoy!

allsupermen2copy.jpg

Christopher Reeve
Brandon Routh
Dean Cain
Kirk Alyn
George Reeves

If those are the colors that they'll use (and it would only make sense, with the teaser poster having those colors) then Routh. I can live w/the rest of my nitpicks.

btw...you shoulda created your screen name as J c D c instead of with the \S/'s.

Nicely done, made a new thread since this is more of a balanced comparison now.

Routh is clearly the buffest, so stop complaining about that, you haters. The small S definetly makes him seem bigger and more imposing when compared to the others. Routh wins for sure.

Routh. No question.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Christopher Reeve as Superman as much as any of you guys, but looking at him compared to Routh, Reeve looks like what he is: a 70's Superman, and Routh looks like what he is: a modern Superman, with a suit that has elements of the old and new.

Routh wins.

nosebleed said:
If those are the colors that they'll use (and it would only make sense, with the teaser poster having those colors) then Routh. I can live w/the rest of my nitpicks.

btw...you shoulda created your screen name as J c D c instead of with the \S/'s.

I actually always wanted the S's since I first joined :D

Wilde said:
Routh. No question.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Christopher Reeve as Superman as much as any of you guys, but looking at him compared to Routh, Reeve looks like what he is: a 70's Superman, and Routh looks like what he is: a modern Superman, with a suit that has elements of the old and new.

Routh wins.

So very well put.

In what was Kirk Alyn Superman? Was it the musical?

Anyhow, this is a very good comparrison. I voted for Routh, but damn, CR looked so great in that suit in the beginning of his career. He later became fat, (Superman 3, and I know you guys call it buff, but this is the problem with too bog guys in tight suits, it shaddow all the muscle definition and easily can make a bodybuilder type guy seems fat.) but there he looked his best.

Just...those briefs of the older Supermen...

Here is the Wallpaper version:

Enjoy!

Kryptonite X said:
In what was Kirk Alyn Superman? Was it the musical?
He was the first Superman in the serials and the Atom Man vs. Superman feature. He was later replaced by George Reeves in the feature Superman and the Mole Men, who would later go on to star in the Superman TV series and features.

TheBat812 said:
Routh is clearly the buffest, so stop complaining about that, you haters. The small S definetly makes him seem bigger and more imposing when compared to the others. Routh wins for sure.
WHAT?!?!
People may not like Cain, but no one can touch the guy (buff wise). You know he was fresh out of FOOTBALL when he started playing Superman right?

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
allsupermen2copy.jpg

Christopher Reeve
Brandon Routh
Dean Cain
Kirk Alyn
George Reeves

Kirk Alyn is the scariest. He looks like he's going to kill them all in a drunken rage.

I like how you placed Routh in the front, higher than the rest.:up:

That's a facinating photo, it shows each decade's version of the ultimate male figure.

50's: George Reeve, middle-aged daddy Superman
90's: Dean Cain, sensative new man yuppie Superman
00's: Brandon Routh, Calvin Klein Superman, mimmicks the 70's

Its not fair to Routh that he has to wear that suit. Even though the guy has some really good Superman qualities (height, look, voice) he'll never be given a fair shake by a lot of fans just because of the suit. I wanna like Routh, but that suit just really holds him back, doesnt compliment his body at all. In this pic? Thats not even a very flattering shot of Reeve IMO and he still surpasses the look of Routh in that suit.

skruloos said:
He was the first Superman in the serials and the Atom Man vs. Superman feature. He was later replaced by George Reeves in the feature Superman and the Mole Men, who would later go on to star in the Superman TV series and features.

Thank you!

Zing79 said:
WHAT?!?!
People may not like Cain, but no one can touch the guy (buff wise). You know he was fresh out of FOOTBALL when he started playing Superman right?

Just because Dean use to play Football don't mean he's big. He's small. Beside, people who don't play sports anymore don't tend to workout much like they have to with football. And Dean don't look big there. He may be in shape, but not that big. I'm going with Routh.

Zing79 said:
WHAT?!?!
unfortunately in the bluetight, he looks as skinny as a chopstick. i can't help but to remember he folding his arms to push his limited chest muscle every time he appears as superman.

With the red and the darker blue of the teaser poster, Routh looks much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"