Costumes you didn't like in movies you did

Green Goblin's costume was horrific. To me, it feels like they nailed every visiual in the Spider-Man movie but missed so, so, so BADLY with the Goblin. Dafoe is an amazing actor, masking him behind that helmet took away lots of expression. A prosthetic mask would have been far more suitable. I think not going with the traditional costumes in the X-Men movie was a good move. While the Astonishing costumes could have worked (but then again, X1 was pre-astonishing) the ultimate costumes could work as well, but I'm content with what we have

Chris Wallace said:
we wer talking abot how green goblins movie armor made him look like jet jaguar from godzilla vs megalon

I loved the first Spider-Man movie, but the Green Goblin costume has to go. I know others have said it, but the man looked like he came out of a Super Sentai (Power Rangers) show. Everytime he fell down, I kept expecting him to explode in slow motion.

I normally support the X-Men movie costumes, but I will concede to two things:
1) Wolverine's costume doesn't suit him. It felt more like Wolverine whenever Jackman was running around in jeans and a wife-beater.
2) A little more variety couldn't hurt. Wolverine and Storm had the only customized costumes. Everyone else wore the same generic crap. How's about putting some touches of blue on Iceman's uniform? And some green on Rogue's? Just a few adjustments are all I'm asking for.

Batman Begins. Yes, I'm one of those people who still don't like the rubber suits. No, I'm not one of those people who want him to wear spandex. There's got to be a better alternative out there-- something that'll actually allow the actor to move.

Landis-Wolf said:
Can you say...

BAT-NIPPLES!
But in order to include the bat-nipple costumes in this thread, you'd have to admit to liking a Schumacher Batman movie.

I didnt like the BB costume either. If they were getting away from the Burton and Schumacher movies they should have went original with the costume too.

roach said:
I didnt like the BB costume either. If they were getting away from the Burton and Schumacher movies they should have went original with the costume too.

You don't like it because BB suit looks Burton/Schumacher? that's lamest excuse I ever heard, the ears are short like Batman: Year One and cape is longer then Burton or Schuamcher and it's all black costume. This man dressed as a bat supposed to strike heart of the criminals if he has courful logo on the suit.

roach said:

Although I liked the BB suit, I agree with that.

Kevin Roegele said:
I don't even like Tobey Maguire's Spidey costume.

did you dislike the eyes or something? because except for a few vey minor details, that is the spider-man suit. that's what it looks like, that's it.

There have actually been a few complaints about the silver/raised webbing (Makes more sense than black to me; spider silk is silver/white.) so that could be it. I hope he's not knocking the symbol.

I'm gonna be another one saying the X-men suits. I know that many of the costumes they wore in the comics never would've worked with the realistic tone the movie had.... but the costumes they wore were just dull. I don't mind the idea of black leather as a unifying theme so its clear their all on the same team(acting the same as blue spandex has been in the past), its just that unless you look for the details it comes across like their all wearing the same uniform.

Adding a little variety among members, something more in the vein of the Ultimate costumes would've been great.

Did you want Zod to look like a taxi driver- in his Purple hat, purple costume combo?

"Everytime he fell down, I kept expecting him to explode in slow motion."
-Maniac

...LOL

Chris Wallace said:
Touchy.
Unlike Spider-Man, the X-Men aren't defined by their costumes. Wolverine is Wolverine no matter what he wears. He's gone many an issue w/o once slipping into the yellow tights. The mask is unnecessary (&hard to justify) b/c he's got no id to protect. And the X-movie's themes wouldn't have blended well w/the rainbow colors of the comics. As for the Ultimate uniforms, weren't they based on the movie look?

I totally agree with this. Its part of what I like about the X-Men.

As for Green Gobby, I think the movie costume wasn't perfect, but it was way better than it wouldve been if they tried to recreate how it was in the comics.

That would've required-among other things-a prosthetic mask & a bunch of Halloween props.

Chris Wallace said:
That would've required-among other things-a prosthetic mask & a bunch of Halloween props.

As much as people trash-talk GG costume, they really aren't taking into account that, honestly, the comic costume would have looked WORSE onscreen than the much-hated final look.

My only real complaint about the costume, like everyone else, is that the mask hid DeFoe's expressions. Yet, when he popped up the eye-shields in a few select scenes, it made him all the creepier when you see him getting all googly and maniacal.

Besides that, it simply made sense in the context of the film. The "medieval" looking Gobby wouldn't in the film's storyline.

Two Face said:
You don't like it because BB suit looks Burton/Schumacher? that's lamest excuse I ever heard, the ears are short like Batman: Year One and cape is longer then Burton or Schuamcher and it's all black costume. This man dressed as a bat supposed to strike heart of the criminals if he has courful logo on the suit.

Schumacher films didnt have the yellow logo and its pretty much the same all black rubber suit. "The ears are shorter!!!" So?

the spidey costume was over stylized... I would have preferred a similar looking costume, but no raised webbing and slightly toned down colors...

Kurt Wagner said:
the spidey costume was over stylized... I would have preferred a similar looking costume, but no raised webbing and slightly toned down colors...

I think they were trying, with the raised webbing and textured fabric, to make the character more visually appealing in three dimensions. Two-dimensional details like the webbing could become "lost" in darker lighting or more direct lighting. The slight silvery sheen to it made it "pop" more for the camera, so it was always there.

I can see where you're disliking it, but it's tough to bring over certain comic elements due to three dimensional spatial relations and lighting. For example, Venom in a Spider Man movie is going to be RIDICULOUSLY difficult to pull off due to lighting. On the comic page, he has stylized blue/purple highlights to help establish space and positioning. On the movie screen, that will be almost impossible to do without adding some sort of "texture" to the symbiote costume so that light won't create blinding reflections off of its surface, nor will it look "spandexy." That's part of the reason why the movie Spawn had all those raised appliances: otherwise, he'd look too "flat."

Speaking of the Spawn costume, I personally didn't like it. It was WAY too "textured," so that Spawn always looked stiff and uncomfortable (as a few pounds of tight latex are apt to do to ya), and not nearly as supple as he does on the comic page.

I think that, when CG is better, they should re-try the Spawn franchise (as the first movie was strictly mediocre) with a more "natural" looking Spawn, one that doesn't look so heavily armored, and whose cape doesn't look so bloody cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"